Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
does anyone here sell on ebay?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Just curious. I am thinking about selling some beauty products that I have purchased and was wondering if anyone else here sold on ebay and what are/were your experiences with selling on ebay?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I've sold a few items and the experience was fine. You do pay a fee for selling, though, FYI. Not a major thing, however.

To make your life easier, know the shipping size/weight and have the item ready to be boxed up before hand. If it sells, you will have everything ready for any easy drop off at the post office.

You might also consider using the post office's online interface for even more efficiency but you'd need a scale to know the weight from home.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the tips scalawaggirl. I am seriously considering this. I think I have like 25 products that are new and not used. The only problem is that I have unsealed them and/or thrown the box away!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I have sold new items without the box with no problems. Just make sure that you state very clearly that it is new without the box so that the buyer knows exactly what they are getting.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Will do abejita! Thanks so much!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl--you should definitely ebay those items. like aberjita says, state exactly how the items is...without boxes, unsealed, partially used. some people don't mind as long as they're getting a bargain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks skincareaddicted. Actually, none of them are used at all (I am a skin care addict myself!). I would buy the item, get it, throw the box away, take the seal off and I put it in my "beauty box" of stuff I will try, but I never get around to it because I end up buying more new stuff. Embarassed
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I joined ebay 15 months ago and I'm up to 205 transactions buying and selling.
It is great fun and I have had mostly good experiences.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've sold on ebay and it can be a great way to get rid of stuff you won't use, but beware, there are a lot of unreasonable people out there. For example, I bought a brand new tube of lip venom at a place that was going out of business so I got a discount, then I sold it on ebay. Then the person who bought it from me gave me negative feedback because they didn't think it plumped their lips enough! Hey, take it up with duwop, not with me!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm going to give it a go. I listed 10 items so we will see what happens. I have 100% positive feedback, so I really hope not to get any negative while selling. I guess now I just wait and see! Wish me luck!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Then the person who bought it from me gave me negative feedback because they didn't think it plumped their lips enough! Hey, take it up with duwop, not with me!!

That is absolutely ridiculous. Shock

The worst experience I've had is when people new to ebay get carried away bidding and then don't follow trhrough - that's a real pain.
I'm not having a go at all new ebayers but the ones I've had problems with have had no idea of how it works and have had less than 4 feedbacks.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl what is your ebay name? Some of us may be interested in your items!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, liz! I can't believe they did that! Some people are just crazy. I buy and sell on there a lot. It's a great way to off-load stuff you don't want, and it's also a great way to find things and get a good price.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL - I sent you a PM!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:
Then the person who bought it from me gave me negative feedback because they didn't think it plumped their lips enough! Hey, take it up with duwop, not with me!!

That is absolutely ridiculous. Shock

The worst experience I've had is when people new to ebay get carried away bidding and then don't follow trhrough - that's a real pain.
I'm not having a go at all new ebayers but the ones I've had problems with have had no idea of how it works and have had less than 4 feedbacks.

the majority of ebayers are decent and honest. a small percentage will complain about everything, no matter how unreasonable. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="skincareaddicted"]
Emma2006 wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

the majority of ebayers are decent and honest. a small percentage will complain about everything, no matter how unreasonable. Mad

I agree. I have great fun on there.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I have sold items on ebay before, and will be putting some more items on soon. Persoanlly I wouldn't buy a beauty or makeup product that's been used, but people do and as long as you're honest and say if it's new or used it should be fine. It's a good way to get rid of products you don't use, and not loose all the money you spent on them!
triry
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Ebay is great. My friend has sold a lot of her things there and she has also bought a lot of things that I've seen her used or wear. It is definitely something that I have been wanting to try. I've taken one step by creating an account. Problem is, it's been so long since I've created the account and I don't know if it will still work.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I love ebay & had mostly good experiences. It's worth checking the sellers rating. I also buy and sell on Amazon.com, although they take a bigger percentage.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have never sold - i have bought stuff - coffee machine - which did not work - bags - which were rubbish quality - i always seem to get a bad deal....
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Well, I'm going to give it a go. I listed 10 items so we will see what happens. I have 100% positive feedback, so I really hope not to get any negative while selling. I guess now I just wait and see! Wish me luck!

How did it go? I'm going to sell some antique items for my mom and was wondering if you could share any advice. I actually sold a stereo system once but that was about 7 years ago now so I'm basically starting over from scratch. TIA! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
It went great, Tamgirl99. I sold 14 items! (Put up 15 but 1 was not allowed!) I am taking a short break as all that running to the post office got old quick, but I will definitely sell again. I had a lot of fun doing it. (If I had access to wholesale prices for items, I would consider a 2nd career!)
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I sold a collection of sample packets and I got negative feedback. I had pictures of the actual packets and I listed the volume of each packet. The buyer left me neg feedback because 'the amount of product wasn't worth the money'

I was like, 'I didn't tell you how much to pay for it! You decided what you wanted to pay based on all the info in the ad!'
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have sold quite a few items on ebay including books, furniture, modems etc and I have had only one buyer not completing the sale.

My experience has generally been good although there are always some buyers who are tardy in paying.

I have bought things from ebay sellers too and I didn't have any problems until recently because of the delay in post but otherwise am happy with ebay.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
I sold a collection of sample packets and I got negative feedback. I had pictures of the actual packets and I listed the volume of each packet. The buyer left me neg feedback because 'the amount of product wasn't worth the money'

I was like, 'I didn't tell you how much to pay for it! You decided what you wanted to pay based on all the info in the ad!'

That is ridiculous - why should your feedback suffer because someone is an idiot.
Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |