Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Will vaseline intensive care clog pores?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering, will this product clog pores?

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=312206&previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?ActiveCat=499^Query=vaseline+intensive+care^Click+to+go+to+search+results..x=0^Click+to+go+to+search+results..y=0^Click+to+go+to+search+results.=submit

Quote:
ngredients
Active Ingredients
Dimethicone (1%)
Inactive Ingredients
Water; White Petrolatum; Glycerin; Stearic Acid; Glycol Stearate; Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil; Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol; Lecithin; Tocopheryl Acetate; Retinyl Palmitate; Urea; Collagen Amino Acids; Sodium Stearoyl Lactate; Mineral Water; Sodium PCA; Potassium Lactate; Lactic Acid; Cetyl Alcohol; Glyceryl Stearate; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Carbomer; Stearamide AMP; Ethylene Brassylate; Trolamine; Corn Oil; Disodium EDTA; Methylparaben; DMDM Hydantoin; BHT; Titanium Dioxide

I tried it for my body, and it worked even better than cetaphil. Cetaphil left me feeling oily, even though it works. I find that this one absorbs so well and does the job better for my body. I'm afraid of using it for my face, since I do not want to break out. Do you think it will clog my skin?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm, i don't know about using a product meant for the body on the face really. to be on the safe side i wouldn't.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well one of the first three ingredients in it is White Petrolatum. Basically its like Petrolatum Jelly. The molecule is to big to be absorbed in to your skin. It sits on top like a barrier. So for your body that is great since the body is dryer and is not like the same skin on the face. For your face it will clog your pores. Your skin can't breath properly. So any bacteria, dead skin ect. will be stuck under your skin and will form pimples. Its like suffocating it!
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
TheSkinGirl82 wrote:
Well one of the first three ingredients in it is White Petrolatum. Basically its like Petrolatum Jelly. The molecule is to big to be absorbed in to your skin. It sits on top like a barrier. So for your body that is great since the body is dryer and is not like the same skin on the face. For your face it will clog your pores. Your skin can't breath properly. So any bacteria, dead skin ect. will be stuck under your skin and will form pimples. Its like suffocating it!

Interesting, when you say it acts like a barrier by sitting on top of the skin, doesn't cetaphil do the same thng, or all lotions/moisturizers, by acting as a barrier?
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:24 am      Reply with quote
xxndnromeoxx wrote:
Interesting, when you say it acts like a barrier by sitting on top of the skin, doesn't cetaphil do the same thng, or all lotions/moisturizers, by acting as a barrier?

The molecules in most moisturizers are likely small enough to be absorbed, that's probably why your skin eventually gets dry again. Have you ever put Vaseline on your face and gone to sleep? I have (don't ask Rolling Eyes ), and if I didn't accidently smear it off while I was sleeing, it'd still be there in the morning!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely not use this on your face!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
TheSkinGirl82
5% products discount

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Well it depends on the ingredients. Moisturizers that are made for the face absorb into the skin. Ones for the body are thicker so they lock in the moisture with a "barrier" That is why you should put on body lotion with in a few minutes of getting out of the shower.

Think about it this way...if you color your hair...what do they use to protect your skin? A pertrolum based product. So if really strong hair dye can't get on the skin....image what can't get out of your skin and is stuck under it! It's scary!
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
You guys are totally correct Smile I even e-mailed them to be sure, and they said don't use it on the face.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |