Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suggestions for a TINTED MOISTURIZER
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I am thinking to quickly and I love my compact TRUE COSMETICS, but now that I have my skin "under control" I am thinking about looking into a tinted moisturizer. I have read many posts on them throughout the board, but can you all update me on a good brand for somewhat oily, acne prone skin. I don't need a high SPF, but I would like to have the ease of applying a tinted lotion, for a little bit of coverage and glow, and skip the makeup sometimes. Suggestions? thanks in advance. Laughing
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I can say on SPF (Allergic) but Dr H foundation is very light but with nice coverage if needed.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Before I switched to Bare Minerals, I used Revlon Skinlights. I really liked it because it brightens your skin instead of covering it up, but it's too glowy for some people.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I use Laura Mercier primer and tinted moisturizer and I love it. They make an oil free one now (I have oily skin in the summer). It give great coverage but does not leave a "makeup" look. I also like dermalogica and juice beauty tinted moisturizers.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I like MD Skincare's Tinted Moisturizer. Such a small amount is required to obtain an even skintone and so far it's working great on my sensitive, breakout prone skin. It also boasts SPF 15 AND you can get it from EDS! For a little extra coverage, I use my True compact to top it off.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer(original version). It is the best I have ever used. It blends in seamlessly and makes my skin glow. I love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
i love laura mercier's tinted moisturizer and i've been using that for the last 4 years
recently i've tried diorskin foundation (can't remember the exact name, but it's the one with lightest coverage in it's line) and it's quite nice with a lil bit more coverage, yet not as much as normal foundation
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I love Dr Hauschka Toned Day Cream.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier and Stila make very good ones.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
PS your skin has to be good to wear the Stila one as it is sheer.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I love the Dermalogica Sheer Moisture Tint in Light. However, with all the great recommendations for the Laura Mercier, I'm tempted to try that one next time.
Grace_K
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I love my BECCA stuff. The tinted moisturizer is amazing.Luminous Skin Colour SPF 25+.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
I love Dr Hauschka Toned Day Cream.

Lucinda, I love the Dr Hauschka Bronzing Concentrate, haven't tried the toned day cream, so tell me what is the difference?
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I love the Dermalogica Sheer Moisture Tint in Light. However, with all the great recommendations for the Laura Mercier, I'm tempted to try that one next time.

Moonstarr, I have been curious about Dermalogica's Sheer Moisture Tint. Do you find it extremely hydrating, i.e., more suited to dry skin types?
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I like the JB tinted moisturizer. The color is a bit light through.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I just recenly ordered MD all-in-one tined moisurizer & Dermalogica Sheer Tint - so I will report back as soon as I will try it on. I tried Laura Merciera products & I didn't like it at all. I am also not liking all that much Dr. H Bronzing Concentrate. Gosh, I wish we could create something like skin products -exchange here. I have lots of products that were raved very highly here & I am sure they are great products but just didn't work for me. Hey, if somebody interesed in skin care products exchange idea, please pm me.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
makeupfiend wrote:

Moonstarr, I have been curious about Dermalogica's Sheer Moisture Tint. Do you find it extremely hydrating, i.e., more suited to dry skin types?

I have combo skin and don't find it too hydrating at all. It doesn't make me too shiny throughout the day in my tzone and yet it still offers enough moisture to not make my cheek area feel too dry. I've only been using it since this spring though, so I will see how it works in winter (ie. if it's hydrating enough). I think it might be more suited to oily or combination skin types then really dry, although they do say it is good for all skin types. HTH
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
shantel wrote:
I just recenly ordered MD all-in-one tined moisurizer & Dermalogica Sheer Tint - so I will report back as soon as I will try it on.

Just got my order Very Happy

Couldn't wait till tomorrow to try the staff I got. First I put some Dermalogica on my right shoulder & MD - on my left. Dermalogica has litle sparkles but I didn't like the coverage at all, MD - looks very natural & with nice coverage. So MD got a chance to go on my face first! Loving it so far! Definately much better then Laura Mercier's staff (IMHO). Love the result, not liking the texture/smell/feel. Since I just put on, I will wait for some time - then let you know if I like it. Feels kind of sticky a little bit. But very nice healthy color & totally make-up free look.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am liking my MD Skincare All-In-One Tinted Moisuraizer.
At the end of the day - not sticky (as at first after I applied it), doesn't look like it will cause the break out, SPF15 + I just checked the ingridients: it has HA - known to be the best moisuraizer, Vit. C & E (Antioxydants), silicone oil (so those who is allergic to silicon won't probably like it) + some other staff that I am not sure about). Tomorrow I will give a try to Dermalogica Tined Moisturaizer & will report back!
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
with ALL the dang $$$ makeup that I have bought I love Wet N Wild TM! gooo figure! I usaually like to put a mineral powder on top for a polished look. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Dr hauschaka tinted day cream is great. It loks really dark and orange in tube but makes you look glowing.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
laura mercier has one of the best tinted moisturizer
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I like Julie Hewett's translucent oat powder.It's natural & good to take my sunscreen shine out.
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
remede spf 30!
it's actually a tinted sunblock that comes in 3 shades..works as a great primer too n does not irritate the skin!
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I love laura mercier.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |