Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What are the eye care daily routine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, everyone of us has some steps for our face such as cleansing, toner, serum, moisturiser and etc...

But, I never know what should I do to take good care of eyes area?

Should we use cleanser to clean the eye areas? How about toner or serum? The only thing I did to the eyes area so far is cleanse it with water and sometimes eye cream. But, I am not sure is this enough?

What else can I do on the skin around eye areas to improve its condition such as dark circle and eye bags?

Any opinion, please.
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello handsbella

I find this works fine:

Just wash your entire face including eye area with your fav gentle cleanser (I believe that toner is too harsh for the delicate eye area).

Sometimes I spray pure aloe gel (from the health food store) all over my face, including eye area, and let it set in.

Topical use of aloe serves as a natural moisturizer, provides a source of vitamins and minerals, reduces inflammation, stimulates the production of collagen and accelerates wound healing.

Then use your fav eye cream/gel.

Hope that's helpful. Wink
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and another thing that I heard is helpful with puffy eyes in the morning:

Apply your eye cream within half an hour of waking on the puffy area - and gently tap/press from beside your nose outwards toward your cheekbone - this will release that early morning puff.[/i]
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
If you wear eye makeup, it's important to get it all off. What I do-- I use Almay eye makeup remover first. Then I use DHC deep cleansing oil all over, and I'll do a once over on my eyes. I do not use a cleanser on the eye area. Eyes are prone to infection. Anything that may get into them needs to be something approved for such a use, and cleansers may contain ingredients that could be harmful to eyes. I use a toner, and I'll swipe it over my eyebrow, and along the outside of my eye along the orbital bone, but never on the eye lid or directly underneath. (though I do sometimes use a mist, and I'll dab my eyes with a cotton ball or something before I open them to make sure I won't get it in my eye)

I use DHC concentrated eye cream at night for hydration as my eye area can get crepey, and DHC Eye Bright in the morning. Since I started using these products together, I've noticed a great improvement in the texture of the skin around my eye; my dark circles have faded almost completely as well. yay!
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, Rimi, thank you for your sharing.

I wonder could we put the aloe vera gel on the eyes area? I am afraid it will cause overdrying??

You mean aloe vera gel, right? Not the liquid or juice type, right?

In the P.M, we normally use foam cleanser, so can I apply foam cleanser on the eyes area?
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Violetanne, thanks for your post.

I am eager to try your DHC concentrated eye cream , sounds great! Wonder where can I buy in Asia and hope it is out there in the DIY thread?

Could you please tell me the direction you always do when applying eye cream? Some say tap/press from beside your nose outwards toward your cheekbone (like Rimi suggests here) and I read somewhere else that they said the other way round. So, which is supposely better?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
handsbella wrote:
Hi, Violetanne, thanks for your post.

I am eager to try your DHC concentrated eye cream , sounds great! Wonder where can I buy in Asia and hope it is out there in the DIY thread?

Could you please tell me the direction you always do when applying eye cream? Some say tap/press from beside your nose outwards toward your cheekbone (like Rimi suggests here) and I read somewhere else that they said the other way round. So, which is supposely better?

You can find DHC products online atwww.dhccare.com. It'a a Japanese based skincare line so I don't imagine you'd have trouble getting it. It's an affordable product compared to some eye creams. As for application, I don't think there's any wrong or right way to do it. I apply the cream with my ring finger, dob it under both eyes, then tap it in, going back and forth until I feel I'm all creamed up. Smile I also go up onto the outer corner of my eye lid as it can get dry.
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
handsbella wrote:
Hello, Rimi, thank you for your sharing.

I wonder could we put the aloe vera gel on the eyes area? I am afraid it will cause overdrying??

You mean aloe vera gel, right? Not the liquid or juice type, right?

In the P.M, we normally use foam cleanser, so can I apply foam cleanser on the eyes area?

The one I use is Lily of the Desert aloe vera gel,99.5% certified organic, and use it under the eye and on the lid by spraying on my hands and applying there (just don't get it inside your eye!).

I have not had any problem with dryness or sensitivity. Everyones skin is different though. If it doesn't work for you, at least the aloe can be consumed if you can handle the taste Embarassed .

As for cleanser - a gentle cleanser should be fine (ie Cetaphil, Spectro Derm). I don't know about your foam cleanser - depends on the ingredients and how your skin reacts, although I have used a foam cleanser with no issue. Wink
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I think more important than which direction you apply the eye cream is that you apply it gently, without rubbing or tugging at the skin. As others have said tap it onto the area with your ring finger.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |