Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Please help me choose skin care products...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I am using Tazorac every other night. My skin is combination with a tendency to break out. I have fine lines under my eyes and those darn nose to mouth creases are starting to show.

I can finally afford to use really good skin care products.

I would love to hear suggestions for what I should look at purchasing. And it doesn't have to be from just one product line -- I don't mind mixing and matching. Smile

Thank you in advance. Smile
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!
I think you probably need the basics ~ gentle cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen. The moisturizer is important as Tazorac can be drying.
Some popular lines on this site are IS Clinical, Avene, etc. Vitamin C serums are very popular, as is exfoliating.
I personally use a milky cleanser from La Mer. I did use Sisley for a time, but, I found that my ultra sensitive skin with rosacea was calmed down more with La Mer.
My dermatologist speaks very highly of Kinerase and Avene.
I am mainly responding, as you had no replies and I wanted to say hi!
I used La Mer for ten years and strayed when I hit fifty; probably, a mid - life crisis (lol).
Now, I am back to my old faithful La Mer and very happy. My skin is calm and comfortable.
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka is reviewed positively, also. You may want to check the Products Reviews Forum on this site. Smile Also, Make Up Alley (MUA) has very good product reviews on a multitude of skin care lines.
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
What's your skin type?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin and I tend to have break outs. Oiler in the summer, dryer in the winter. Fair skin; some enlarged pores in the t-zone.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend Rodan+Fields and Skinceuticals
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is combination, oiler some of the time.
Like Charmed1 said, a good cleanser is really important, makes more of a difference than I ever realised. Yonka Gel Cleanser is really nice, great for combination skin. Also the Cellcosmet Purifying Gel and Activator Gel used together are amazing, lots of great reviews on here for the above products. Or an oil based Cleanser like the Babor ones, they've really helped balance my skin and I seem to have less breakouts when using them.

Finding a good C Serum may also help. i don't know that much about Tazorac, but I'm assuming it makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight, so a Vit C Serum will help protect your skin. So many different ones, it's just the case of trial and error before you find one which suits you. You can usually find sample sizes to try, so you don't have to lay out until you've found a suitable one.

There are also lots of good reviews on the Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream. Or you may want to try the Valmont Eye and Mouth Contour Cream. Skinceuticals do a few eye serums with Vit C with added AHA or Retinol.

Something like Amingenesis Photolagen is also really great, especially if you have combination skin, and prone to breakouts. It's moisturising without clogging your pores and it's lovely when you add the Trepitinon Capsules with it.

There are so many products on here with great reviews, obviously each works differently for every person, but do try and get samples of various products to see which is for you.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
This is an amazing thread. I agree with some of the posts but I would never consider Avene.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
This is an amazing thread. I agree with some of the posts but I would never consider Avene.

Why?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Because most product mentioned is true. They are amazing and a lot of people do purchase the above mentioned skincare lines because they do work.

As for Avene. Not sure why I would not consider it. Never heard any good reviews.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
There are heaps of good reviews on Avene's retinaldehyde products; Ystheal and diacneal in particular, but here in Skincare not in reviews. It's a retinoid product which is almost as effective as Retin A but with less irritation than Retinol.

Here's a recent thread for example
Avene Ystheal/Avene Diacneal
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=15834

Their SS are heavily used here too. And some people swear by their cleansers.

I'm a very happy user. Laughing
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Their SS are heavily used here too. And some people swear by their cleansers.

I'm a very happy user. Laughing

What does SS stand for? Glad to hear since I just ordered the Ysheteal. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Laughing that's the 2nd time I've been asked that today. I'd better stop using it.
SS = sunscreen
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Laughing that's the 2nd time I've been asked that today. I'd better stop using it.
SS = sunscreen

Thanks. I was thinking some kind of serum. But it is early Monday so brain is stil foggy. Need more caffiene.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |