Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What is Your Favorite Shampoo Fragrance?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: What Is Your Favorite Shampoo Fragrance?

Herbal (Green: Cucumber, Sage, Thyme, Basil, etc)
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Citrus (Tangerine, Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, etc)
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
Fruity (Non-Citrus: Apple, Cherry, Mango, etc)
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
Floral (Lavender, Neroli, Chamomile, Ylang-Ylang, etc)
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Fresh (Rosemary, Mint, Eucalyptus, etc)
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Other (Please describe!)
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 41

amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:09 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:

Well, we are looking into it... It's just in the research stages right now. Not sure if it's something I really want to get into, although the science behind it is quite similar to what we are used to. I was just bouncing ideas off you all...just seeing what people look for in a shampoo fragrance. I personally have about 5 different shampoos that I switch between, based on what mood I'm in that day! LOL! Maybe I'm just crazy! Rolling Eyes

When I saw your thread, Darren, I became very excited that you might start making shampoos and conditioners!

You are totally not crazy at all! I also have a few shampoos and conditioners I rotate Wink.

Scent is very important to me; however, how well a product works is also an important factor. This makes finding an ideal shampoo and conditioner difficult for me! Laughing I've lost count of how many times I have store/salon employees check on me or look at me with a question on their faces probably wondering why I am taking so long (as I smell the products and read all the ingredients) to choose something (and then most time walk out without buying anything!) Embarassed. I am SO picky when it comes to these two factors. Very rarely will I use a product that works but that I don't like or can't stand the smell of.

Anyhow, I the smell of Bumble and Bumble Alojoba shampoo and conditioner! I "treat" myself to it a couple of times a week in my rotations b/c it's so expensive.

I voted "other" b/c I am not sure where the B & B falls under... "herbal"? But it's far from Herbal Essence "herbal" (which I do NOT like)... I thought perhaps it could be classified as "fresh"?

I also am not too crazy about fruity smelling ones either.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like herbal or slightly citrusy scents. Most importantly, the performance of the product is key. I have dry curly hair and have recently discovered some great hair products from naturallycurly.com.

Elucence moisturizing shampoo -- it has a slight peach scent. It's very moisturizing and very inexpensive ($20 for 32oz). This ended my search for the HG shampoo.
Elucence moisturizing conditioner -- it is very much like a gel.
Deva Care One conditioner -- this has a slight citrus scent and is very good for curly hair. I mix this with the Elucence moisturizing conditioner.
I also use the Ojon hydrating conditoner -- love the scent. I also mix this with the Elucence conditioner.

I purchase all shampoo and conditioners in the 32oz size, because they're much more economical that way.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I vote for "fresh" but found it hard to choose Very Happy the only one I wouldn't go for is the fruity one...unless it was absolutely amazing lol ... scent is such a personal thing.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
First, I HATE the smell of anything that is obviously artificial. On another thread, I related a bad experience I had with a vanilla perfume that was just ghastly - really fake vanilla smell. It turned me off vanilla anything for a long time, but now I am absolutely addicted to Bath & Body Works "Warm Vanilla Sugar" anything! It is just such a yummy smell!

I prefer products that actually deliver what they claim they are supposed to do. That said, I have fine hair that has a tendency to break and to be honest, all shampoo and conditioner has ever done for me is clean my hair and make it easier to comb! I don't think the volumizing stuff even really works all that great, though I'm sure it leaves my hair with more body that if I were to use a moisturizing S/C designed for someone with course, frizzy hair.

I would even use S/C if I thought it was awesome but its smell wasn't that great. Any of the categories of fragrance you put up are fine really, as long as they are not over-powering or nauseating. My hairdresser uses some product on me (KMS maybe?) that smells like candy, which is nice!
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
floral is my favourite, cirtus is another option
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I love peppermint/eucalyptus, since I shower in the morning, and those EOs really wake me up! I“m using a rhassoul based shampoo (Terressentials) with EOs, and it works like a charm. My next favourite is citrus, on cold days it really warms me up and make me feel bright and sunny. But then of course, I“m a ruled-by-scent person ( Hannibal Lecter, anyone? Wink )
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I will join the queue hoping that you bring in some shampoos without SLS too!

BUT.. how can I limit to one fragrance?! I went with FRESH, but CITRUS is so close behind!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I hit "Other"--I prefer woodsy, herbal scents. Not cucumber or basil so much as a warm, sappy, earthy fragrance. Like Aveda's Shampure or Pureology's Pure Volume Shampoo and Nature's Gate Herbal Shampoo.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |