Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Favorite New Razor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I have never waxed my legs or underarms, as I've never had the patience to grow the hair out long-enough. Therefore, I'm a shaver.

Though I bought a Gillette Venus razor five years ago, I never bothered to buy refills for it after using up the original blades. They're expensive, and I've relied-on disposable razors for a long time. Usually, just generic, store-brand blades for women. Have tried the Bic sensitive skin ones (terrible, and the handle is too narrow), but usually use the generic ones. Whatever's on-sale. I also try to avoid Gillette, knowing that they're big on animal-testing.

Lately, I've experienced one too many shaving boo-boos's. Significant ones, in fact, requiring waterproof bandages. Not nice.

Last night, I was cruising the isles of London Drugs, and they had a sale on Schick's Quattro for Women ($9). Replacement blades were $11, but considering how many times I've cut myself lately, I took a gamble, and grabbed both.

Let me tell you: I LOVE this razor! No nicks or cuts, has super-pivoting head, and gives a very close shave! The blades have fine wire overlapping them, to avoid nicks, but still provide a precise shave.

I highly recommend this razor to my fellow shavers!
http://www.quattro4women.ca/
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Definately going to have to check this out. I confess to also being a shaver.. I am a wuss.. thought of waxing anything other than my brows terrifies me. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this razor for a couple years now and I still love it. I haven't had to replace it since I bought it, and I can get the blades cheap if I watch for sales and coupons. I rarely if ever cut myself, even on the bikini area. Great, great razor! In my opinion, worlds better than the Venus. I don't like Gillette products anyway. I stayed away from them for years after I heard about the animal testing Casper's Mum mentioned, but then caved and bought a Venus and some shaving gel. They made me break out in itchy red bumps all over my body! Creepy!
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Schick Quattro is the only razor I use. I bought the women's handle, but replace the razor with the men's kind. I find it gives a closer shave.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:49 am      Reply with quote
thank you for the review! i'm usually a waxer, but didn't get around to it when i was back in the states this last time. i looked at my lower legs last night and they are desperately in need of removal. i gave up shaving because i am boo-boo queen. my legs looked like confetti from all the tissues Shock will definitely try this out!
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I too discovered this little gem about 6 months ago....it even is a pretty pink. I look for sales on the replacements razors because they can be expensive. We have a 15 yo son that believes he should shave the four hairs that have sprouted (each having their own space on his face Laughing) . He used shaving cream and my razor and raved about it at dinner! After we were able to close our mouths again Shock we all agreed with him "yes, it does do a nice job honey" (even on your rather thin crop). Oh my god..... Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Great thread. I never thought to review a razor. Laughing

My DH bought me a new one about a month ago. It vibrates and works great. Shoot! I can't remember the name so I'll have to check tonight, but the vibrating really helps with the closeness. It does a nice job down south too, BTW. Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I use mach3, the one with three blades, it works better then the one with two. I have tried the mach4 Surprised, you know, the one that buzzes and "electrosizes the hair" haha, that one sucked.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
My sister has told me the same thing. Going to have to try it!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
I have never waxed my legs or underarms, as I've never had the patience to grow the hair out long-enough. Therefore, I'm a shaver.

Though I bought a Gillette Venus razor five years ago, I never bothered to buy refills for it after using up the original blades. They're expensive, and I've relied-on disposable razors for a long time. Usually, just generic, store-brand blades for women. Have tried the Bic sensitive skin ones (terrible, and the handle is too narrow), but usually use the generic ones. Whatever's on-sale. I also try to avoid Gillette, knowing that they're big on animal-testing.

Lately, I've experienced one too many shaving boo-boos's. Significant ones, in fact, requiring waterproof bandages. Not nice.

Last night, I was cruising the isles of London Drugs, and they had a sale on Schick's Quattro for Women ($9). Replacement blades were $11, but considering how many times I've cut myself lately, I took a gamble, and grabbed both.

Let me tell you: I LOVE this razor! No nicks or cuts, has super-pivoting head, and gives a very close shave! The blades have fine wire overlapping them, to avoid nicks, but still provide a precise shave.

I highly recommend this razor to my fellow shavers!
http://www.quattro4women.ca/

That's my razor of choice now too Razz
faerie_bel

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
wow, I think I'll be trying this one out as soon as I'm done with my old Gillette Excel
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have it too! It's the only razor, i find, that doesn't give me the darn razor bumps. Even the good ol Braun epilator does. I'm never changing razors. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds a good one.
I nicked my nipple with my venus shave the other week. I was shaving my underarms and got the razor too close when swapping underarms.
Ouch.
Shock Confused
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use Intuition which comes with the skin conditioning solid which means I do not need to use any shaving foam or soap foam.

I used to use Venus and then last year got a sample of Intuition. Since then, I have not had the need to use any other. I have not nicked myself since either.

To be fair though I have not tried the quattro. I find using Intuition very convenient as I do not have to lather myself with a foam before using the razor.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
That sounds a good one.
I nicked my nipple with my venus shave the other week. I was shaving my underarms and got the razor too close when swapping underarms.
Ouch.
Shock Confused

Jay-sus H. Murphy! Your poor nip! Embarassed
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Aw, blimey! I think I'm going to be sick just thinking of that nipple incident. Shock
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Sorry.
Embarassed Razz

It was very sore and I wanted to wear a white T-Shirt that day. I changed that idea as I had visions of the blood seeping through the bandaids.

I'm more careful now.
Razz
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I'm more careful now.
Razz

I bet you are! Shock

Poor, poor you!
PinkDinoStar

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Amazing thread! I actually work for a marketing company that is doing a promotion for Schick's Quattro for Women. It is great to read all the positive feedback. I got to try it out and I love it! It keeps my legs smooth for days! Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you posted this. I've been needing a new razor but overwhelmed with all the choices. Payday's tomorrow & I'm going strait out to buy a Schick Quatro for Women. Thanks for the heads up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
deanne123 wrote:
Great thread. I never thought to review a razor. Laughing

My DH bought me a new one about a month ago. It vibrates and works great. Shoot! I can't remember the name so I'll have to check tonight, but the vibrating really helps with the closeness. It does a nice job down south too, BTW. Shock

I heard that the vibrating ones actually stimulate hair growth. Have you found that to happen at all?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I use the one for men- gillette mach 3.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the shcick quatro and didn't like it. It didnt give me a close enough shave. I have been using venus, and it has given me the closest shave of any razor so far. It is expensive though and I rarely nick myself.

But recently I just purchased the Venus Embrace blades to attach on to my regular venus handle and I love it!!

The Embrace has 5 blades and a moisture strip and it is absolutely fantastic! It is very expensive (4 blades for $20) but the blades seem to last quite a while, and my legs are silky smooth.

CG
SpaGirl75

Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
PinkDinoStar wrote:
Amazing thread! I actually work for a marketing company that is doing a promotion for Schick's Quattro for Women. It is great to read all the positive feedback. I got to try it out and I love it! It keeps my legs smooth for days! Very Happy

I recently switched to the Quattro for women. You're right, it is a great razor!
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have no my own razor. It sounds great.I will try it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |