Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
uh oh... I've just burned my face...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
OH MY GOD.. um, stupid city.. advice needed... I just tried a sample of the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel (been wanting to try for ages).. I only had it on for 5 or 6 min and my face is BRIGHT RED. I am talking like mega sunburn red (with white circles around lips and eyes Shock )

My face felt hot while I had it on, but I never imagined a reaction like this since I use ROC Peel all the time.

I lavishly spritzed with PSF O2 Rescue Serum followed that by slathering almost all of my remaining Hydra Cool sample and haev been following with Grape Water mists.

My the burning heat has gone now (after 15 mins) but I am stil bright red and very hot to touch. What am I gonna do? Anyone here had the same reaction?

Stupid stupid stupid me.. why did I not test the inside of my forearm first. Crying or Very sad

Advice?? I have to go to work in 10 hours!! Laughing

(just to add: my skin does feel lovely and soft though... Laughing Crying or Very sad )

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Your skin should be FINE in 10 hrs.

If not, obviously never use that peel again!

I'm a newbie to the JB peel, just tried it for the first time last week. My face was very pink and tingly for about 2 hrs afterwards (and I have very hardy skin that's used to peels, so I imagine the reaction would be more dramatic for someone with sensitive skin).

If it hasn't died down in a few hours, try putting some natural aloe on it...
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
The first time I used the mask I also had exactly the same reaction. My face felt hot afterwards and it was bright red everywhere I had put it. All I could think is Shock god what have I done.
The redness should gradually disappear over a couple of hours. I spray my PSF O2 serum after I use the peel too.
Now when i use it although I still get red, it's nothing like what I experienced on my first use!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
The same thing happened to me the first time I used it. My face was bright red for the rest of the evening, but when I got up the next morning, my face looked great...go figure.

I would put on a nice soothing cream and go to bed.

liz
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
well thank god i am not the only one... I put some chrysalyx on it too (that is the new version of the old Dermabutter) and have Burt's Bees Carrot Seed Complexion Mist on hand too. All hands on deck (i have to keep the lights dim or my husband will fall over himself laughing at me) Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim when I got my glycolic peels at my derms my face would do the same thing. Even for some very strong peels it never lasted more than a day. Try just using water to wash your face tonight followed by plain Camellia oil. IMO the less you put on it the better.
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Yikes! Thanks for the warning... I just ordered a sample size for myself.

Guess I'll do a test spot and try it on a Friday night so if I have a reaction I have the whole weekend to recover before going in to work!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
You should be fine, my first use wasn't that extreme, but it was just a tad red. It went away after about 20-30 min but yours might go an hour or so, but should be okay by morning.

I just did my 6th peel or so last night and didn't even get read, guess your skin gets used to it after a while.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I did a little live chat with EDS and they recommended some yoghurt so I have raided the fridge (btw.. loving the Bees carrot complexion mist - but the pump is really BAD :lol)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
The same thing happened to me. I did the patch test first and had a slight tingling nothing major but the packaging said to expect that.

When I applied it to my face after about 5 minutes I couldn't stand the burning anymore and took it off. My face was really red for about an hour afterwards. You should be OK by the time you need to go out. Another word of warning is that after using it I got loads of little spots a couple of days later!

I have tried using the peel twice, both times it burned and I got spots afterwards.

Next time, do a patch test! Smile

Good luck
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
My face turns bright red every time I use it, and I also took it off the first time after 5 mins. I was thinking OMG...yikes! But I leave it on for 20 mins. now, still with the bright redness and slight burning, but it always goes away, leaving my face smooth and glowing. I use my V renewing pack after every peel and I leave it on all nite. This is by far my favorite treatment, and will be purchasing another jar of the GA peel when this one runs out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Oh, blimey! Shock

Sorry to be of no help whatsoever, tiger-tim, but I haven't tried mine yet.

Would pure aloe vera help to calm things down? Or maybe emu oil - that always makes my skin lovely and calm after Epidermx. I've never had a reaction (yet) like that, though.

Eek! Hope it calms down for you very soon.
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Don't put too much skincare products on your face, it might make it worse even if those products are discribed as gentle.

I would recommend you to put some aloe vera on your face and try to wash your face with cold water.

I hope you will be ok.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
The red should be gone in 48 hours, try ice for the pain and mabey some cool (pure) aloe gel from the drugstore.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Just like the others said, I wouldn't worry too much. The first time I used the GAP my face was def. beet red afterwards and I was totally cursing myself for not being more careful since I have such sensitive skin, but then in the morning not only was my skin back to normal but it looked better than ever. Since then my skin has gotten more and more used to the GAP and it actually barely gets red at all. The O2 serum should help too. Let us know how it looks in the morning!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Okay for those that have used it a few times, my face doesn't really get red anymore, the tingling sensation is still there, but does that mean the product isn't as effective because my skin's become used to it? I basically still have a whole jar left since I apply a thin layer and it's so easy to spread. The softening affect is still there though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
tigertim--hope your face got better

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Definitively use pure aloe vera gel. When something like this happens I never use any other skin care products, just the pure aloe vera gel and of course wash the face with cool water if necessary. Usually when aloe gel absorbs into skin just leave it like that, so it helps the skin to recover faster.

Of course I always ask the client to do the patch test, but sometimes skin just reacts like that. It's a sign that you have sensitive skin and there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe next time try to apply thicker layer of material (I have no idea if this is ok english), and shorten the time you leave it on your face. Then next time you can leave it little longer on the face, and apply more material, this way you can "train" your skin not to react aggressively.

And in time maybe it will never get that red again or burn... But still, there is no way to guarantee that, because every skin is different.

My advice: Test, test, test, and do it with caution, find what best works for YOU and stick to it.

Hope this helps Wink
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Are you all using the sensitive or regular??
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
thanks all for the post of this. I don't think being bright red and burning is what I am looking for. I will stay away from this product, not looking to hide for 48 hours until my face (that I am suppose to be doing something good for) stops burning and looking like a red pepper. Why would people use this product if this is the case? Shock
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
My face is never red for long periods of time, like 48 hrs. It usually calms down within an hour or two, and looks completely normal by morning. Redness may linger on skin that is really sensitive to acidic peels of any kind, including glycolics. I have had red skin for several days after 30 or 40% glycolic peels but again, calms down eventually and looks great afterwards. I would be very concerned if a product caused burns such as oozing or scabbing, but the sensation of hot skin that reddens is usually the norm with acidic peels and would not normally cause any long term ill effects.

I hope tiger_tim that the GAP did not cause any actual "burning" of the skin, if so, I hope you heal quickly. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
just checking in, tiger, to see if the redness vanished by morning. thinking of you, you poor thing....
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry tiger to hear of reaction to the peel Crying or Very sad . Hope your skin has calmed down by now.

I read such good posts about the peel. Keep us posted.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Good morning all and thank you so much for all the responses!!

First let me say that I was totally freaked when it happened as I have never had a reaction like that before other than once when I sprayed a citrus-based spritzer on my skin too soon after exfoliation. My skin is VERY white, so aside from the terrible heat I looked like a total idiot - rather like the old-time "black & white minstrals" - only the black bits were red on me. Laughing

By light of day the redness has indeed gone - the heat and some of the redness had gone by the time I went to bed (within 2 hours).

Someone made a good point about how much I put on - perhaps I put it on too thinly (tried to save enough for a second use). I looked at the website and it says to apply it liberally. Maybe that affects things like this.

Just for reference, I felt no tingling at all... just my face getting hotter and a bit of a burning sensation (the "burning" sensation was similar to the Murad Vitamin C mask, so I was not too worried at the time).

I had a timer on for 5 mins, so I guess from the time I started to apply to when it was all washed off it was probably 7 mins - half the time they say.

I liked the fact it was a smooth serumy-gel, I am used to the slight grittiness of the RoC Peel-Ex Radiance. I think the GAP left my skin even smoother than the RoC, but I have been using the new EpidermxII recently so my skin was pretty soft to start with.

This morning I feel so "plump" and hydrated - though I am not sure if this has anything to do with the GAP or the fact that I had used so much Hydra Cool, O2 Rescue, Grape Water and Carrot Seed Mist!! Laughing I got sidetracked when heading to the fridge for yoghurt and then forgot about it, I remembered just before bed, but since the heat was almost gone I did not apply.

For the record, I know that straight Aloe would have been great, but sadly I killed my Aloe plant (yes, I do know that is hard to do but I have super powers that enable me to achieve this feat). I really must get a new one!!

Thank you again for the help!!

PS: I managed to hide my "affliction" from DH too... luckily it was near bed time, so off went all the bright lights and one the soft lighting that hid my lobster-face. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
tigertim--glad to hear the redness went away. skin reactions are the scariest. i would be afraid to try the peel again though....

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |