Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Best shampoo for colored hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Any recommendations?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
A lot of people here raved about Pureology shampoos, but I didn't try them personally. I think any shampoo without sulfates will do the job. I use ABBA shampoo and conditioner right now, and so far I like them, but it's too early to rave since I use them only for one week. They have very good review on MUA, and some people compare this brand to Pureology one.

You can also check these:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15616&highlight=shampoo

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16004&highlight=shampoo
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I've definitely heard that Pureology is the best for extending the life of your color. Not only are their products very gentle and non-stripping, but all of their products (even their styling products) contain sunscreens and antioxidants to protect your color even more. I don't actually color my hair, but I get it glossed at the salon and the Pureology products I use help it last longer. Right now the Pureology products I use are the Volume shampoo and conditioner and the flexible hold styling spray. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I have been tempted by the Pureology shampoo but haven't tried it yet. Actually I don't know if I will since the company has failed to respond to 3 emails I sent them....

I have colored hair and I really like the Komenuka Bijin Shampoo. I tried this because I had read so many good things about it and decided to see if it lived up to the hype. It is expensive at $32 a bottle and I figured that it couldn't be that good. Well it was! I had never heard anyone say that this was great for color treated hair but the reason I keep buying this despite the price is that it really does keep my color from fading. This is the only product that I use where I don't know what the ingredients are. The English translation of the ingredients is totally lacking and I don't read Japanese so I have no idea what is in this but I use it anyway! And believe my I am usually very picky about knowing what is in my products and usually won't even try samples without seeing a complete ingredient list.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I think you need a styling product with sunscreen in it. I'm currently using tresemme color lock. It is a creme that acts as a sunscreen and protects against fading. You apply it before your styling products. It keeps your hair soft, and I haven't noticed any fading yet.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I thought I would update my response. Pureology did finally respond to my emails and the response was very thorough and answered all my questions! I will have to try their shampoo sometime....
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Theresa--- what kind of info did you find out from Pureology?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Liz,
I asked them about the drugstore.com/unauthorized seller thing and they basically said that it is products being bought be authorized dealers and being diverted to businesses that sell online. They seem to see this diversion of their products as a big problem and are actively taking steps to stop this. Investigations, terminating business with any salon caught diverting their products...They also have contacted unauthorized sellers to specifically let them know that they are selling diverted products. IMO they really seem to be serious about stopping diversion and unauthorized sales of their brand. I really don't think that I will be purchasing Pureology from drugstore.com. I will stick with the authorized dealers if I decide to purchase it, even if I have to pay more. Yes it might be authentic and fresh but at least to me it just isn't right.
Oh, I also had some questions about the Nanotechnology they use. They gave me a detailed answer on this too. Esentially they use nano size ingredients (their term for it) because they penetrate the hair easily and can therefore offer greater benefits. I know a bit about nanotechnology and their answer was actually pretty good.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa! Wow, that's a lot of info! I agree with you about wanting to buy from authorized salons---- I've been looking for one, but unfortunately I have yet to find one. So, in the meantime I'm stuck with the internet as this stuff is just too addicting to give up. The nanotechnology stuff is also very interesting. I've heard AMAZING things about their nantech line, but of course, it's also $$$ so I haven't tried it yet--- I'm almost afraid I'd like it too much! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, I have found a retailer near me but I am going to try to resist buying this stuff for a little while at least. It seems that all of their products contain the nanoparticles so I am not sure what makes the NanoWorks line different. You know I feel the same way about the NanoWorks. I want to try it to see if it can possibly be as good as they say but I am afraid that I will really like it. It's bad enough that I spend $32 on a bottle of shampoo now but $50!! I think I will email them again about the NanoWorks line to see what makes it different.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Biolage products, they really seem to make my color last longer....no fading!!!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love L'oreal's Nature's Therapy. It's a decent price & does a great job.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:19 am      Reply with quote
My haircolor lasts the longest when I use my Pureology. I've also used Biolage and Enjoy, but Pureology lasts the longest.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
i am using redkens line for color treated hair. I LOVE IT!! Smells wonderful too
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |