Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Permanent Eyeliner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
So I made an appointment today to have permanent eyeliner done on Saturday.... I figured I wear it the same exact way every single day, and have for the past 9 years or so... So why not make it easier on myself and just make it permanent?

I'm hoping that if I do this, keep tinting my eyelashes and give the Lucia/Ardell combo some time to make my lashes longer/thicker, I won't need any make up at all. Just a bit of powder and I'd be out the door!

My younger sister recently had it done and while she's happy with it, she's not completely thrilled. She wants it to be darker, so she's scheduled a touch up.
Has anyone here had this done? What was your experience like? Are you happy you did it?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
No, But I'm interested, and I'd like to hear about your results. How much are you paying,and do you get it done at a tattoo shop, or what?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
How long is it supposed to last. One person tols me 6 months?
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I had mine done some 15 years ago Exclamation

I don't know if the technology has improved since I had mine done but I have had I think 2 touch ups. The last was about 7 to 8 years ago. My eyeliners were sort of tattooed onto both my upper and lower lids. It was really painful even after the pain killers.

I didn't find the eyelines dark enough too especially if you are going to apply eye shadow and if you wear glasses. After a while the eyeline do fade. The eyeliner on my lower lids definitely faded a lot quicker than the upper lids. I now apply liquid eyeliner on my eyes if I wear makeup.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I had mine done more than 18 years ago. 1 week before my wedding. I know, I was crazy and brave. But no touch ups - tooooooooooo painfull. Upper lids took 5 min and lower lids took 2 hours. My lower lids were too sensitive and I kept on tearing. They faded some but I'm still very happy with it. I only put on very light makeup and no eye makeup at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I myself could never do it...its great to wake up and go, but I won't be able to stand the pain!

It seems like this is more popular with Asian people (I'm chinese) than Caucasian people.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I'd be scared that the person doing it would screw up, and I'd have a mark on my face forever.
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Tosa wrote:
How much are you paying,and do you get it done at a tattoo shop, or what?

It's $395 for top and bottom lids, however you want it done... Eyebrows are $395 too.

Her name is Lynn Duncan... She's certified by a number of Permanent Cosmetics boards and co-authored the WI Board Examination for permanent cosmetics.

sharky wrote:
How long is it supposed to last. One person tols me 6 months?

It's a tattoo, so it's permanent. It'll fade like regular tattoos, but that's all determined by you (sun tanning, lots of exfoliants on the tattooed area, etc).

You can get touch ups for a resonable price. I think she said on average people come in for touch ups somewhere between 7-10 years... Or earlier if they decide they want the color or shape changed.

She's good at what she does and comes highly recommended by local plastic surgeons (she does a lot of medical tattooing too - areoala coloring and stuff like that). I know quite a few people that have gone to her and have been happy with the results.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Where is this Lynn located? My hairdresser said she did it but needed a touch up after 6 months I suppose it just wasn't done right. It sounds wonderful but also sounds like you need a really good person to do it.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I never could dare do this!
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
She's in Delafield, WI. It's about 20 minutes West of Milwaukee.... Her website iswww.lynnduncanpermanentcosmetics.com

She did AWESOME! I should take some pictures and show you guys... Perfectly straight and even lines. It didn't hurt at all either. She put a lidocain (sp?) gel on to numb the area and the second I could start feeling anything I'd just tell her and she'd stop and numb me up again. Took about an hour total. The price includes a free touch up within 8 weeks of the original work... The color will probably lighten up a bit as it heals, so if I want it darker I can have it redone then...

I think the skill of the person and the equipment they use makes all the difference. Maybe the person that did your hairdresser didn't put the pigmet in deep enough so it didn't take...
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I would neber be game to do this.
I also like experimenting with different colour shadows and liners.
I'd worry that if my eyes sagged the liner would go wierd too.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I think I'm going to end up passing on it too. It sounds really painful, and It doesn't take me that long to put eyeliner on anyway.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Oh my! I have three tattoos and can't imagine doing it on my eyes <shiver>. My worst pain was with my most recent one, on the inside of my left wrist.
I change my eye makeup every day though, so it wouldn't work for me.

But I know that if it's done right and done well, the results are great.

And most tattoo artists might hesitate to do that type of tattooing (I asked my artist, though they will do around the eyes and lids but not in a "makeup" fashion, more art like the rest of the body) and said that with this kind of ink it is best to go to one of those "cosmetics people" (and I quote Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'd post a picture of my after results.... Sorry, no before. (Please ignore my pitiful eyebrows - especially that sorry looking, half bald left one. I didn't do any "grooming" before I took this.)

I think she did good. It's a bit thinner than I normally wear my eyeliner though. I think when I go in for the free retouch I'll have her thicken the line up a bit...
I've also been tinting my eyelashes with the 1000 Hours tinting kit (thanks to carekate). I don't feel bad about not being able to wear mascara while I heal now! I'm LOVING it though. On the weekends and standard work days, I can just hop out of the shower and I'm ready to go! (Special work meetings and night time events still require mascara!)

I'm hoping that the Ardell/Lucia eyelash/eyebrow treatments I started about two weeks ago will thicken up my lashes so it'll look even better - again, thanks to carekate's raves (has anyone organized a carekate following yet? Maybe I should...) I can't wait until my healing week is over so I can start using it again.

Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! They look great!! I may have to get up the nerve someday. BTW, you have beautiful eyes!!
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tosca! Very Happy
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome!!! Very Happy Very Happy Thanks for sharing you eyeliner experience! After seeing it, I'm really thinking I may do it someday.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
It looks nice, but I couldn't do it: if I looked perfect every day I'd annoy myself.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I done mine too but mine is so thin, I can hardly see it Crying or Very sad and none of my friends notice it as well. Wha a waste of money.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
although its amazing what kind of technology they have these days, why make make up permanent?

isn't part of the fun being able to try new styles?

good luck though in ur choice:)

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |