Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
which one do you prefer - valmont or cellcosmet eye cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
trying to decide which one to buy, have not tried either but have heard very good comments on both
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I currently use the Cellcosmet Eye Cream and tried the Valmont L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS eye cream. I was not really impressed with the Valmont and definetly prefer the Cellcosmet. The Valmont irritated my skin slightly and it always ended up in my eyes. Both do a good job at hydrating although I felt that I had to use a lot more of the Valmont to get equal hydrating effects.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
I currently use the Cellcosmet Eye Cream and tried the Valmont L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS eye cream. I was not really impressed with the Valmont and definetly prefer the Cellcosmet. The Valmont irritated my skin slightly and it always ended up in my eyes. Both do a good job at hydrating although I felt that I had to use a lot more of the Valmont to get equal hydrating effects.

thanks theresa!
probably will go with cellcosmet then Smile
vvpmelon
5% products discount

Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I was not impressed by both. They lose their hydrating effect 2 hours after you put them on.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
vvpmelon wrote:
I was not impressed by both. They lose their hydrating effect 2 hours after you put them on.

vvpmelon, may I ask what eye-cream were you impressed with?

Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Both are good at moisturising but I prefer the Cellcosmet myself. You only need a little bit of it and it just somehow makes my eye area look more awake (it could be just me...).

5% products discount

Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
vvpmelon wrote:

vvpmelon, may I ask what eye-cream were you impressed with?

Aiva, I have been using Caudalie "Contour cream eyes and lips" following by a tiny bit of "Bobbi Brown eye balm". I feel the hydrating effect of these two last longer than Valmont and Cellcosmet. By the way, the weather in my area tends to be very dry.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I prefer Cellcosmet eye contour. Valmont eye&mouth contour did nothing for me, was not moisturizing enough and contains triclosan, donnow for what reason...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've also read about the triclosan in Valmont Eye Contour. But I didn't find this on the ingredient list of the sample I got recently. Did I get a fake one or they changed the ingredients? Sad
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both eyecreams and did not like either one. They were not hydrating enough for me.

Right now I'm using Karen Herzog and must say I like it very much which is so great because it's far cheaper than the other two.
niuniu

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I like cellcosmet. Valmont did almost nothing to me. But would like to try something else.
qiongsh
5% products discount

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
both are so so ... Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
and really like how "awake" I look. I just purchased the Gernetic Eye Contour Gel in my last EDS order and will try it out. A girlfriend of mine that I hadn't seen for about 6 months started using it and her eye area is significantly improved! Since she has what she calls "bags" (and I have undereye circles) I am hoping for even more improvement. Of course, I will be 49 in a couple of months, so we'll see... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I have tried both and did not care for either one. (sorry). If I had to pick one over the other it would be Cellcosmet - I just can't tolerate the heavy perfume smell of the Valmont products.

Eye creams are tricky. What one person loves and gets results from another person feels is useless - go figure. After being a member of this forum for over 2 years I feel eye creams are the most disagreed upon skincare item.

All that being said and after trying dozens upon dozens of eye creams (mostly samples thank goodness or I would be broke - my poor husband Bad Grin Dancing Shhh ) I am staying with True Radiance Eye Cream - 'For me' it is a product that actually works.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used cellcosmet before. But I'm using valmont eye&mouth cream. Actually, it is a very moisturizing eye cream, but there is no effect on my eyes- the wrinkles are still there and are still so deep.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Cellcosmet eye contour too. Valmont was too oily and just stayed on the surface of my skin....
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Valmont

Cellcosmet was not moisturizing enough for my dehydrated skin and did nothing for the fine lines. I've used only half of the bottle and then gave it to someone else.

While Valmont Elexir eye cream, in my opinion, is the best one in the world. Especially, if you have really dry eye area and fine lines.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Both are very good products and my favorites!
I like Cellcosmet better during a summer, because it is less creamy that Valmont.
I use Valmont during a winter when my skin needs extra moisture.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
cellcosmet eye cream Cool
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I used both and both are very good products. But I like Cellcosmet better, and I am on my second bottle. Valmont is too oily and creamy for me.
samplelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I tried Valmont L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS eye cream and VALMONT AWF Cyto Complex Eye - Factor II. The Valmont L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS eye cream is pricy and did not do too much for me. The texture is light. However, it did not do too much to my eye. I like VALMONT AWF Cyto Complex Eye - Factor II better. It is a little bit more creamer than ELixir. However, it is not too thick that you would feel heavy on your eye. I find it erase my lines better.
jessica17
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I tried valmont eye@lip cream before and didn't like it , it did not work on me, have not tried Cellcosmet but it is on my shopping list Smile
sandyqxu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for this review, it's really helpful, I'm struggling between Valmont and Cellcosmet now
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
no Valmont, expensive and not effective AT ALL
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both. In fact, cellcosmet eye cream is much cheaper than Valmont eye products. However the former is too light to withhold moisture during cold weather, especially if you have dry eye lids. Valmont eye factor II and III are effective in moisturizing eye lids, but they are too expensive. I apply Valmont serum first and then use cellcosmet eye cream afterwards.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |