Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
yoga and skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
christiania
5% products discount

Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I'm used to having perfect skin but the stress of my job along with the heat and humidity of the last few months have made it go to crap and break out. I've tried any number of products and medications and have had enough- I'm now wondering if destressing myself with yoga or some form of breathing exercise will somehow ease my acne troubles. I'm in my late twenties and am sick and tired of feeling like a teenager, haha.

Has anyone noticed a correlation with yoga or some other form of exercise and clear skin? I'd love to hear feedback.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
No, I've never heard of exercising as a physical act eliminating acne. I think what the question really is here is whether or not decreasing stress in your life will help with acne. Decreasing stress by getting more sleep, exercising, and eating right? That might make a difference.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I've never heard of it or experienced it either, but I know that stress can wreck your skin. It stands to reason that your skin could get better if you could reduce stress.
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have found stress to be the #1 catalyst for breakouts...I am an advocate of yoga for many health issues as well as massage...both will reduce your stress & improve your mental & physical well-being...better skin can't be far behind!
CompassRose
5% products discount

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
For me, the number one catalyst for breakouts is my periodic fits of "Oh no, I am aging, I must start to use a sunscreen!"

No matter which one I try, sooner or later, every time... Rolling Eyes

However, when I am doing heavy exercise regularly -- sweat-inducing -- I weight-lift and run -- my skin is always better.

37, and suddenly hitting the age wall... just last year I got carded, don't think it would happen now. Medium-fair combination skin, oilier in summer. Occasional isolated, but thus more prominent, breakouts. I react to most products, eventually.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sweating is good for the skin, detoxing gunk out of the pores. Clean your face well before you workout, and after.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I do yoga and I definitely notice a difference with my skin. Even after just one session my skin seems much more calm and even. I highly recommend it not just for the skin, but it just makes you feel wonderful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
i think i have read about skin improving with exercise. i can't remember where. it must be in one my magazines, Self or Glamour. I will try to dig it up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:12 am      Reply with quote
My skin definately looks good after I;'ve done exercise.
When I have finished a long hard walk my skin goes glowy and looks very healthy.
charlie
5% products discount

Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Agree with the others - exercise will improve your health (and therefore your skin) and should be part of our everyday routine. As is a healthy diet. Though I have to remind myself of that before getting sucked into buying yet another pot of miracle face cream Embarassed. It's too easy to believe the hype and part with cash before addressing the basics like lots of water, fresh food, good exercise and deep breathing !

Good luck with the yoga. It's a wonderful exercise with so many different styles that you should find one to suit you. Maybe one of the more physically demanding ones like Bikram or Ashtanga where you sweat a lot to detox, especially as you're young and presumably reasonably fit/flexible already. Let us know how it goes !
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
yoga balances your system with continual practice so im sure it helps clear your skin this way. bikrams or power yoga would probably help even moreso because of the sweating/detox/drinking lots of water for it that the other members above said
steam room helps get clear skin! im gonna try 10-15 minutes 3 times a week to see if theres any substantial improvemnt
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with everyone too - exercise in general improves your health and hence your skin. I guess yoga in particular helps you to connect with your body, and thus releases stress, which in turn minimizes the acne problems.

A friend of mine used to have lots of acnes because of stress from family and studying. Then I convinced her to join me for hot yoga, and she got hooked. After few sessions, she told me it made her feel like a whole new person. She breaths better and feels more relaxed. She is able to get better sleep at night. And best of all, her skin is repairing itself well!! I say go for it - yoga is great!
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
i believe in yoga = nice skin..and probably most exercises will do the trick as well since prespirating is one of the best way to remove toxin from our bodies

yoga helps with my sore neck/shoulders as well
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I am 43 years of age and exercise 4 times a week (bodypump, body combat, gym-circuits, total tone). Sadly, Sad I still suffer with very congested skin. I was led to believe that exercise is good for your skin, but alas, it's done nothing for mine. Fortunately, it does keep me in shape Laughing. Also, on the plus side, many people think I look a lot younger because of my oily skin.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |