Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which celebrity do you resemble?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Inspired by the "Compliments" thread...maybe this has already been a topic, but it's my first post so bear w/ me!

I've had at least a few dozen people tell me I look like Ally Sheedy, from the time I was a teenager to the present. The funny thing is, I don't think I look ANYTHING like her.

I think I look like Jennifer Jason Leigh...but nobody but me thinks so!
CompassRose
5% products discount

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Christopher Walken, when I have no hair. When I have hair, no idea.

37, and suddenly hitting the age wall... just last year I got carded, don't think it would happen now. Medium-fair combination skin, oilier in summer. Occasional isolated, but thus more prominent, breakouts. I react to most products, eventually.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Meryl Streep. If I could post a pic, I would, but I have no idea how to do it... Confused
CompassRose
5% products discount

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, that's not true. Just the other day, a woman who works at the coffee shop downstairs where I work said, "You know, I've been thinking... You look like a cross between Helen Mirren and the Queen."

"The Queen?" I said dubiously.

"Yes," she said, hauling a twenty out of the till. "Well, not these ones. The younger Queen. It's your curly hair. You are your own actress!"

"Um, okay, thanks, I guess," I said, heading upstairs with my latte.

Helen Mirren? Helen Mirren? Is that the one in that awful thing with Jack Nicholson? I wondered, and Googled. First thing I came up with: Helen Mirren to play Queen Elizabeth II in new miniseries. Huh.

However, if I prove to have even a smackerel of Helen Mirren's talent, plus age as nicely as she is, I shall be happy enough. Wink

37, and suddenly hitting the age wall... just last year I got carded, don't think it would happen now. Medium-fair combination skin, oilier in summer. Occasional isolated, but thus more prominent, breakouts. I react to most products, eventually.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ever since I can remember, I've gotten Bridget Bardot from everyone.. For a short time, during her long hair/younger/thinner days on All in the Family, I got Sally Struthers.. Now it's BB or Pamela Anderson..

I've never seen any of them in me, but I guess if everyone else can, who am I to argue..LOL I think they are all pretty nice compliments...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I used to hear alot that I looked like Mariah Carey, but that was mostly before she went blonde. I've also heard Natalie Wood (I wish), Christy Turlington (in my dreams) and Susanna Hoffs--from the Bangles. Not a celebrity, but I look like my father Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I received a call from my brother one day...several years ago. He was in the movie theatre watching X-men (the first installment) and shrieked into the phone "you look like Rogue!"

"What? Who? You mean the x-men character? I don't have that funny white streak in my hair, what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Yeah, uh, no, uh...I mean the actress...I'm freaking out because that looks like you on the screen."

Which means he looks like he could be Anna Paquin's brother...haha.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently I look like Sigouney Weaver. I wouldn't mind being as strong as she is at fighting aliens.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I've gotten Julia Stiles while watching a rerun of Save the Last Dance with my brother (although I have brown hair and eyes... ), and I've gotten skinny/ present day Kelly Clarkson when I was pulling out of my driveway from a 14-year-old girl who was like, "OMG you so look like her." (that was interesting, if not plain weird).

And btw, in both situations, I don't think I look like either.... I do sometimes wish that I could get a comparison of what celebrity I do ressemble, though Think

Great idea for a thread! Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I know there is some website somewhere that will match you supposedly based on facial mapping with celebrities.

It's rather funny though what they come up with...
I wish I could remember the site! Think hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I know there is some website somewhere that will match you supposedly based on facial mapping with celebrities.

It's rather funny though what they come up with...
I wish I could remember the site! Think hmm

That sounds like it would be a fun thing to mess around with. If you remember, let us know! Wink
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
When I was in high school, I was told I looked like Mariah Carey (I had a spiral perm). When Britney Spears first came out several people told me that I look like her Rolling Eyes ... So, I guess I'm a cross between Mariah and Britney... and yes, I do see a bit of the resemblance of both of them in myself. Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:02 am      Reply with quote
http://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/tryFaceRecognition.php

this site will match you up with celebs you most resemble--women and men! it's pretty neat.

i usually get the same celebrity comparison from different people. i have gotten reese witherspoon, kelly clarkson, and michelle branch. in one of kelly's earlier video, my mom thought it was me on the tv, and in a michelle branch live performance, my dad it was me on tv Laughing. i don't mind the comparisons to those ladies though, i love them!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:09 am      Reply with quote
let's see.... when i was young and blond it was stevie nicks, roseanna arquette, and then madonna. in college, with my hair all wet in braids and wearing a long coat, i got told i looked like boy george Laughing . more recently: at the gym, no makeup, i got emma thompson. watching "oceans twelve" my boyfriend kept on looking at julia roberts, then at me, then at her, and said 'that's you!' my most enduring celebrity look-alike, however, has got to be susan sarandon (going on 30 years Shock ).
ArtTeacher
5% products discount

Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Jennifer Aniston.
I hear that a lot. Some people have relly bugged me a lot about it - girl at the doc's office calling and asking for "Rachel" (haha Neutral ), people asking me what I think of Angelina, etc. I definitely see similarities between her and I though.

At least they aren't telling me I look like Micheal Jackson or a wookie. Laughing
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I get Nicole Kidman, although I dont see it all, maybe because we both are pale with petite features. I also get Naomi Watts, and the chick from the Cranberries...I dunno, I dont think I really look like anyone famous.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Angela Lansbury - obviously when she was much younger though. Laughing But if I can look as good as she did at 70 I will be VERY happy (she is 80 now I think)

I did that link above.. with one photo I was quite happy to report the names Juliette Binoche, Catherine Deneuve, Emma Watson, Rebecca Gayheart (Remeber her from 90210?), Amanda Seyfried, and Martine McCutcheon (Hugh's chick in Love Actually)...

So "this is fun" I thought and uploaded another, not-quite-so flattering pic.. ya know who came up as my female look-a-like? "Dana International"!!! Who is that you ask? An Isralie transvestite pop star Embarassed rofl But on a better note, the same photo also came up with Diane Keaton, Sophie Marceau (Bond girl), Ameile Nothomb (writer), and Queen Rania (now THAT'S more like it!).. and Heather Locklear (even better!!) My "male" likeness was Takeshi Kitano.. what?! Beat Takeshi?! (OK, so he won the golden palm or whatever in Cannes.. but ack!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Dana International! Fabulous! He/She actually looked rather lovely and glamorous, I thought. Very Happy

Apparently, many years ago when she and I were much younger, I'm supposed to have looked like the deaf percussionist, Evelyn Glennie.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I also did that link, and the celebrity I resemble the most is Kanye West...which did make me smile as I'm an extremely pale female Laughing
Lola33
5% products discount

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I was told I resemble Tracy Gold. I don't really see it though.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, skincareaddicted!

So my results were:

Christie Brinkley 80% match
Julia Stiles 78%
Portia de Rossi 74% match

I don't know if I look like them...I'm so confused now, lol Rolling Eyes

But it was fun!
ArtTeacher
5% products discount

Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
That link was fun! I apparently look like Andie MacDowell (huh?!), Claudia Schiffer (double huh?!), Brooke Burke (triple huh?!) all three of the Friends Laughing , and Jewel (which I have heard before). Oh, and Freddie Prinze Jr. Very Happy
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Marg Helgenberger.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
On my worst days, I reckon I look like Rowen Atkinson, but no-one else has noticed.

On the other hand one of my students used one of those 'which celebrity are you' photo-morphing sites and I ended up as Madonna.

So try and picture something between the two Confused that's me, spot on.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just asked my SO if I looked like any celebrity and he said no. Sad I did that online celebrity thing and the closest it came was Liv Tyler at 70%. I don't see any resemblance myself other than the dark hair and the pale skin. I guess I'm just unique. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |