Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What's in Your Spring Makeup Bag?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I love Spring. Season of new hopes and new love and cherry blossoms and new stuff including makeup.

Here are a few things I just got to reward myself for being so patient for the whole Winter:

-BOURJOIS PARIS Ultra Light Foudation in Ivoire Naturell 22 ( Natural Ivory), it's a perfect match for my MAC NC15. This light as feather and creamy smooth liquid surprisingly covers my skin sins perfectly and at the same time keeps my skin moist all day. It's a perfect foundation for my combination/oily/sensitive skin on warmer days. Love it!

-SHISEIDO EYE SHADOW SQUAD in FLORA AND FAUNA. Never thought that I could wear green or yellow eye shadows, but they so beautifully enhance my "sly fox" brown eyes ( Fantasia named them so). Suddenly my eyes look less sleepy in the morning. They are brought to life, full of dreams and...de-si-res :P:P:P. Give it a try!

-DIOR FOREVER AND EVER: Mabsy and Thoughtcrime and Jenny and Alohagirl and Fantasia and everyone who has given me good advice on what to wear for Spring, please forgive me one big time. I went on my own way and found this beautiful pink bottle of perfume from Dior. The bottle reminded me of my dad Whiskey flask and it's pink, and the fragrance reminded me of cotton candies. I'm so in love with it. I can't help it. I spray myself day and night with it. I even spray it on my beddings and everywhere else in my room. I'm crazy but everytime I fall in love I seems to loose my mind!

Of course there are more new things in my bag, but I love to hear from you, what's in Your Spring Makeup Bag?Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Cheers.
Mabsy

Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:36 am      Reply with quote
The contents of my Spring (i.e. Aussie winter Smile) Makeup Bag are as yet unknown. They largely depend on the choice of a certain Stila SA at SAKS in New York. I just bought about $300 worth of Stila and Giorgio Armani makeup, without even seeing the colours *Eeep!* You can't get Stila and GA in Brisbane so I just thought I'd got for it and try it. I just described my complexion and the SA is picking out the shades for me. *fingers crossed*

Btw, I just bought Forever and Ever about 3 weeks ago Babyfish! It is a beautiful fragrance and has quickly become one of my favourites. It's not very heady or strong so you can just keep spraying it on too Smile But surprisingly this lasts quite a while on me. Btw, I think it's a Ltd Ed. It was released as a Ltd Ed a few years back and it was re-released for Valentines year this year because it was so popular and they had so many people writting in asking for it to be released again. The lady at the Dior counter said it's (again) a Ltd Ed this time as well (not sure if she's right though).

Glad you finally found a perfume you love!

I hope everybody has a lovely Easter Break.

Mabsy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I have Jean-Michelle Quartette Lumineux eyeshadow (Accents De Bordeaux-12) and Gucci #2 perfume and duster, L'Oreal shine Delice #201 Berries and Cream (i love the way it smells under my nose and tastes). Victoria's Secret LoveLace lotion. This is about it at the very moment. More to come....Surprised
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi, babyfish, where did you get the BOURJOIS PARIS? I wanna know more abt that.. thanks Smile
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Not so much in my make up bag, but certainly in my spring 'collection' is Max factor colour adapt foundation. I love it, after years of trying lots for my oily, sensitive skin, its great. The advertising seems to be emphasising the benefit of the colour adaption, but for me the formula itself is wonderful...few ingredients to check through and oil free etc.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Babyfish: just curious, what is the perfume that you are just wild about? I can't seem to find it. Please tell me more?

Oh, I've also just added to my ever growing Spring bag: Madeleine Mono Coralline with lip frost lipstick and a square Gucci compact mirror with one side being magnified. I love it. Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Fantasia,

Baby Fish is referring to Christian Dior "Forever and Ever". It's a limited edition perfume (which has been re-relased because it was so popular the first time it was a LTD ed Smile). http://www.perfumeemporium.com/Womens/Details.cfm?ID=4682

Sorry to reply for you Baby Fish but I *love* this perfume!

Mabsy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Mabsy ! I'm on a mission to get this perfume.Very Happy
Dayziepix
5% products discount

Sun May 02, 2004 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Benefits Hoola, Too Faced Blush in Pretty in Pink (great colour) and Benefits Bad Gal Lash. Ahh, love spring!!
Mabsy

Tue May 04, 2004 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Ah.... talking about BeneFit. Has anybody tried any of the following products?

I ask because I just went on a bit of a BeneFit shopping spree... Embarassed

eyebright stick (looks promising)
georgia powder (like Dandelion, which I like - but peachy. Just couldn't resist!)
lemon-aid (sounds like a nice eyeshadow base)
brow zing (I'm going through my eyebrow phase Laughing )
'it' stick (not quite sure why I got this actually... Rolling Eyes )
high beam (everybody raves about it)

I haven't tried any of these, I'm just going on my experience with Dandelion. I remember reading BabyFish's post about BeneTint but I decided against getting it because it sounds really hard to apply - and I'm a clutz! Anxious

Any feedback on these products? I probably won't get them in the mail for another week (just ordered yesterday). Btw, if anybody is interested - BeneFit is giving $10 flat rate international shipping until 5/05/04. http://secure.clickaction.net/partner/benefit/ads/042704/main.jpg

Mabsy
Dayziepix
5% products discount

Wed May 05, 2004 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, the High Beam is a nice product. It highlights very nicely, and the Lemon Aid is very effective I find. The Dandelion, well, its nice, and smells good, but didn't really show up on my skin. I'm really pale, hense the reason for the Hoola!!lol
Mabsy

Thu May 06, 2004 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Dayziepix!

I'm very pale also but I use Dandelion as more of an all-over powder than a blush. I find I have to use quite a bit if I want to use it as a blush. I considered Hoola, but then Georgia looked so pretty! Plus I recently bought a GA Bronzer (which I haven't even tried yet Embarassed ).

I'm looking forward to using High Beam though, and I'm very curious to see if Lemon Aid can actually do what the pictures in the BeneFit catalogue show it does Laughing

Mabsy
Mabsy

Wed May 12, 2004 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Dancing Dancing Dancing Oh what a glorious day!!!! Dancing Dancing Dancing

My EDS parcel and my BeneFit parcel arrived on the same day (today)! And I had a really rough day at work too, so now I'm sitting in bed surrounded by all the pretty boxes and reading all the instructions/leaflets. Time to start experimenting with my new goodies Very Happy

Mabsy
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2004 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't bought that many new things yet, but my spring essentials are definitely:
*Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisture in Medium
*Kanebo concealer in 02
*Versace loose powder in 2003
*YSL bronzer in 03
*Christian Dior Ultimax mascara
*Biotherm Glossy Shine in 110 (rose/gold, very sheer)
*DKNY eau de toilette
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |