Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shampoo recommendations???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poohster

Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All:

Totally different topic from skincare. Does anyone have any good suggestions for shampoo and conditioner? I am Asian and my hair is thick, wavy/frizzy, and COARSED. I wanted to get the Japanese Ionic hair straightener but it is so expensive in the US ($400 - $800 depending on the lenght of your hair). I had it done once in HK and it lasted for one year. That was the only time my hair was so easy to manage, so straight, and so shiny. I am currently using Pantene and sometime Garnier. Would appreciate any recommendations or suggestions. Thanks
Mabsy

Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend you try the Dermalogica one. Smells heavenly and leaves my hair much shinier than other shampoos. I've tried various Pantene shampoos before but could never quite find the one that "did it" for my hair.

HTH
Mabsy
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo is great -- it nourishes the hair and helps with headaches (due to the tingly feeling it gives).

Follow that with Nioxin Scalp Therapy (also helps with headaches, sinuses, due to the tingly smell and senation). The Nioxin line helps with hair-loss but is also very very very useful for shiny-ness and softness. Your hair feels softer and less thick (I'm Asian and my hair always felt thick, but it feels sooooooo smooth, silky, and fine after Scalp Therapy).

Both are a bit pricey, but you will love the results.

Lisa
abighill@aol.com
5% products discount

Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Have you heard of aveda sap moss shampoo and conditioner? It specifically for coarse hair types, I have a friend who swears by it. I have quite fine hair so it's too rich for me. The sap moss range is aveda's mega conditioning, softening range.
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Poohster,
I am of Asian descent also and have slightly coarse hair so i hope this works for you... what I use is Kiehls Panthenol Protein Hair Spray. It's great, you spray it in wet or dry hair and leave it in. It makes my hair must softer and easier to manage.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it but the girl on the ad is beautiful! I've always thought so and now that the topic has come up I can work it into the conversation Razz And she has gorgeous hair (as you'd expect Smile). I must admit I've been tempted to try it. Maybe when I finish off my Dermalogica.....

Quote:
Originally posted by abighill@aol.com
Have you heard of aveda sap moss shampoo and conditioner? It specifically for coarse hair types, I have a friend who swears by it. I have quite fine hair so it's too rich for me. The sap moss range is aveda's mega conditioning, softening range.
roopdh
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it yet but I've heard (actually am going to buy it today to give it a try myself), one by KMS called SILKER SHAMPOO.

I'll give it a try by the end of the weekend or whenever I grab it. Its also on MUA and got rave reviews for mainly treated damaged hair. ME I have straight hair, very thick, but not frizzy, and very colour treated so hopefully it'll be a new plus to my already extensive "hair care regimen".

Very Happy
Poohster

Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I am currently using the Joico K-Pak. I put some on my hair agter I blow dry it. It helps a little to maintain the frizz and it make my hair a little shinier. I might give the Aveda a try.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Sap Moss is great though a little pricey if you have really long hair or wash it a lot.

If someone wants a cheapish bunny friendly conditioner the best I have found is by Animal Aid coconut conditioner. It smells great and makes you hair shine wonderfully.

I also find putting coconut oil on my hair before washing has really helped it's condition and prevent split ends - and I blow dry almost everyday.
trinka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is medium length, relatively thick and tends to be dry.

I have used aveda's sap moss conditioner and shampoo but found it weighed my hair down. My husbands hair is very dry and short and he loves it. I would recommend getting a small tube of both before investing in a regular size (the largest size is the most economical if you like it)

I am currently using Pantene Daily Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and follow it up with Kiehls leave in conditioner (which seems to last forever) and a kiehls conditioning creme for normal hair.

I can't remember the name of the creme but it's like silk groom which you can get for very dry and coarse hair.

Since I started this regime my hair has never looked better or been as manageable. I also try to only wash my hair every three days though I know this isn't possible for some.

Plus Kiehls is big on samples so you can try before you buy. Wink
Caspers Mum

Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'll list a few of my own personal favorites, both of the professional and inexpensive lines.

Drugstore
Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner for Dry/Damaged Hair (NOT the 2-in-One version! :twisted: )

Professional
Redken All-Soft Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Masque, and leave-in treatment.

Specialty
Terax Miele (Honey) Shampoo and Crema Intensive Conditioner
mlmaier
5% products discount

Wed May 12, 2004 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love Laminates shampoo and conditioner as well as Control Freak Straightening shampoo, conditioner, and serum.

monica
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I love Frederric Fakkai (sp?) Protein RX Mask for an intense conditioning. Love it. I put it on my hair on a Saturday or Sunday when I don't hve much to do and leave it on all day if I can. I also like Nuetrogena's new conditioning leave in foam.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:51 am      Reply with quote
You know, I would swear that when I use a certain shampoo for a while then whenever I switch to another brand, my hair seems lovely for a bit then back to the drab curly mess then I use a different brand and the cycle continues.

does anyone know why this happens? Confused
teenie

Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone Very Happy

I have tried SO many different shampoos & conditioners - then recently was able to try something before purchasing and am definitely hooked. It is an all natural French herbal hair products called Phyto (or Phytologie ), and they produce shampoos & conditioners for all types of hair - from thinning hair to oily etc etc.
For the first time my hair actually squeaks when I rinse it - AND I no longer need a conditioner. They also do an excellent spray leave-in conditioner for the odd 'dry' days which leaves my hair really shiny. If any of you get the chance please try and get hold of one of their products you will not be disappointed !! Very Happy

Best Wishes,

Tina
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Fantasia wrote:
You know, I would swear that when I use a certain shampoo for a while then whenever I switch to another brand, my hair seems lovely for a bit then back to the drab curly mess then I use a different brand and the cycle continues.

does anyone know why this happens? Confused

It is buildup. Try using a detoxifying shampoo once every week or two. I really like Aveda's Hair Detoxifier.

C.B.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
I like Aveda's Rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner. very soothing, the mint smell is refreshing and it provides a massaging effect as well .. but I am still searching sth that would be more moisurizing Laughing
blg83
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:15 am      Reply with quote
my hair is thin, straight but slightly frizzy, weird combo, eh? Well, does anyone have any suggestions?
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Eve, where can you purchase the Animal Aid coconut conditioner?
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I have thin long hair, very greasy and I have it tinted every 8 weeks, Damson (plum) with red highlighs and also golden highlights through the fringe, sounds horrible! but I like it!!!!!

I started to use Tony and Guy red cranberry shampoo and this keeps the colour in beautifully, I used to use Aveda madder root shampoo but think my hair got used to this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:24 am      Reply with quote
blg83 wrote:
my hair is thin, straight but slightly frizzy, weird combo, eh? Well, does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried the John Frieda frizz ease range of hair products...I sometimes use them when I'm straightening my hair and they are good. My hair if it gets wet or if its raining outside goes frizzy...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:08 am      Reply with quote
"Have you tried the John Frieda frizz ease range of hair products"

I completely forgot about those products. I used to use them when I was younger and had REALLY frizzy hair. I'm talking an 80's doo, an unwanted one at that. I think I will re-explore them, so thank you Gucci! Very Happy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:08 am      Reply with quote
my daughter has blonde highlights put in her hair and always uses straightening irons and sprays etc. Basically she totally abuses her hair and it went really dry and breakable. We have tried everything from expensive salon products to every moisturising shampoo and cond that is available and the best one we have found that works is cheappp[luv that word] it's Dove care and radience range.
alianeblue

Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:40 am      Reply with quote
she totally abuses her hair and it went really dry and breakable.

^^^ for this problem the best solution is cut the hair. Prosucts can provide only a temporarily solution. By the way, high-lights are the worst enemy of the hair.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Garnier Series
Kiehls, amino acid shampoo
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |