Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
any bunny lovers here?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am allergic to bunnie hairs. I love to watch them from a distance though.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:52 am      Reply with quote
After living next door to the Killer Bunny from Hell, I'm afraid I'm not a fan.

This little monster, who belonged to a neighbour, ate half the back door to my apartment Shock and virtually anything left near ground level! It even snacked on some of my clothes that fell off the clothes line. No bunny messes with my clothes!
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
QUESTION FOR BUNNY PEOPLE:
I recently adopted a small Dutch rabbit. The Humane Society said he's a year old. He is adapting well to his new cage and is sweet and cuddly when I'm holding him, but when I reach into his cage to pick him up, he backs off and makes a noise that sounds like a guinea pig (almost like an oinking sound). What does this mean? Is he "growling" at me--warning me that he's going to bite or attack me if I pick him up? I didn't know rabbits make noises (unless they're in pain). I especially didn't expect my adorable little guy to sound like a disgusting pig!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi SeekingHG! I'll try to answer your question. I've heard bunnies "grunt" for two reasons: One is when I let Forest out of his cage in the morning, he runs straight for the couch for snuggle time, grunting all the way. I still haven't figured out if he's grunting out of effort or because he's overly excited, but he definitely sounds like a little pig, LOL! The other kind is a grunt/growl bunnies make when they don't want to be touched or picked up. It sounds like your little guy is just adjusting to his new home and is still feeling a little scared. Just keep talking to him and giving him nice pats and treats and he should start to relax some more. Out of curiosity, what is he like when you are actually holding him?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Update: me and SO talked about getting a mini-lop. He says it's not a great idea this time, since both of us are out most of the day. I reluctantly agreed, since i don't like the idea of keeping it in a cage for so long. I was dissapointed, but yesterday SO went out and got me a fish instead. Not as cuddly as a bunny but i guess will keep me distracted long enough till we're ready. Thanks to everyone for the excellent tips!
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Seeking~HG wrote:
QUESTION FOR BUNNY PEOPLE:
I recently adopted a small Dutch rabbit. The Humane Society said he's a year old. He is adapting well to his new cage and is sweet and cuddly when I'm holding him, but when I reach into his cage to pick him up, he backs off and makes a noise that sounds like a guinea pig (almost like an oinking sound). What does this mean? Is he "growling" at me--warning me that he's going to bite or attack me if I pick him up? I didn't know rabbits make noises (unless they're in pain). I especially didn't expect my adorable little guy to sound like a disgusting pig!

one of my two bunnies still makes that growl/grunt type of noise when i reach into the cage, and i've had her for over 1.5 yr now
i guess sometimes their grunting sound is just to say that they don't like what's being done to them..whether u're trying to pick them up or just reach into the cage
the only other time when i saw my bunnies growling was when i first introduced them to each other..it scared me coz i didn't think bunnies could make sounds like that!!
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Update: me and SO talked about getting a mini-lop. He says it's not a great idea this time, since both of us are out most of the day. I reluctantly agreed, since i don't like the idea of keeping it in a cage for so long. I was dissapointed, but yesterday SO went out and got me a fish instead. Not as cuddly as a bunny but i guess will keep me distracted long enough till we're ready. Thanks to everyone for the excellent tips!

if u got a pair of bunnies, that's different since they LOVE companion and most of the bunnies in my neighbourhood r all in pairs Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
Thanks for posting the adorable photos, what a cutie, and he looks really content. What a great thing to do rescuing a bunny that needed so much care. I wish everyone took this good care of their pets.

That's so fantastic that you rescued Forest. My dogs are rescues. I always say I thought I was rescuing them, but they really rescued me. One of my dogs, I just would not trust with a bunny. They are really beautiful animals!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Smoothskin wrote:
Thanks for posting the adorable photos, what a cutie, and he looks really content. What a great thing to do rescuing a bunny that needed so much care. I wish everyone took this good care of their pets.

That's so fantastic that you rescued Forest. My dogs are rescues. I always say I thought I was rescuing them, but they really rescued me. One of my dogs, I just would not trust with a bunny. They are really beautiful animals!

c4ward, you really read my mind! I thought I was rescuing Forest, but he definitely rescued me! Every day when we have our cuddle time and he sleeps in my lap I just feel all my stress melting away...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
. . . Out of curiosity, what is he like when you are actually holding him?

Thanks for the response. When I hold him he's really calm, sweet, and cuddly. He seems content to sit for a while with his head resting in my arm, then he starts looking around and sniffing my face and it seems like he's ready to get down and explore. I don't want to force-hold him, so I just pick him up, hold him securely, pet him gently, and talk softly to him for a while (to socialize him), then I let him run around in his little indoor fenced-in area. He hasn't shown any aggressive behaviors such as biting/nipping or lunging at me, but I have to make sure he's a "good-mannered" little boy before I take him to school.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:

one of my two bunnies still makes that growl/grunt type of noise when I reach into the cage, and I’ve had her for over 1.5 yr now . . .

Thanks for your response. I was hoping the "oinking" was something he would "grow out of" or that the behavior would extinguish after he became acclimated to his new surroundings. I can't stand the way it sounds. That's the reason I hate guinea pigs--because of that disgusting sound they make! Shame on you

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Seeking~HG wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:
. . . Out of curiosity, what is he like when you are actually holding him?

Thanks for the response. When I hold him he's really calm, sweet, and cuddly. He seems content to sit for a while with his head resting in my arm, then he starts looking around and sniffing my face and it seems like he's ready to get down and explore. I don't want to force-hold him, so I just pick him up, hold him securely, pet him gently, and talk softly to him for a while (to socialize him), then I let him run around in his little indoor fenced-in area. He hasn't shown any aggressive behaviors such as biting/nipping or lunging at me, but I have to make sure he's a "good-mannered" little boy before I take him to school.

It sounds like you are a natural with bunnies!!^-^ Like milodomi said, it's possible that he will always be a growler (my sister's netherland dwarf is one), but on the other hand I think it could be something he outgrows-- my little girl Har Mar used to growl so fiercely, but now when we put our hands in her pen she comes over for treats and pats with no grunting, so there's hope! Please keep us updated!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE Forest! Very Happy He is adorable. And I love the description of how affectionate and cuddly he is. Sounds like he lucked out in his new home! Smile

Hmmmm....I wonder how my schnauzer, 2 chihauhaus, and 2 cats would like having a bunny around? Naaaa. Better not. Shock
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Poco Loco!! Speaking of my darling son, I have some bad news... I noticed today that he didn't eat his breakfast or lunch and he was acting really listless, so I took him in to see the vet. The vet found that he had an abcess (!!!) on his throat, and it was so advanced that my vet instantly had to cancel his other appts and operate on Forest. They want to keep Forest overnight, but I'm trying to convince them to let me bring him home for the night and then bring him back in the morning--- poor Forest gets so scared without me! I think it's because he was abandoned, but now he's very scared of being left again--- whenever we go to the vet's office he grips me tightly with his paws and buries his face in my armpit, like he's saying "No! Don't leave me!" As you guys can imagine I've just been a mess all day, crying and such... and my husband is gone on business so I'm here all alone... Crying or Very sad I'll keep you guys updated. Please say a prayer for my dear son!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
My bun had an abcess about 7 yrs ago. It took forever to heal up, but it didn't seem to bother him. I had to put medicine on it everyday. He hasn't had a recurrance of it as of yet.

liz
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement, Liz! May I ask--- did you have to syringe-feed him? How long before he started eating on his own again?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't have to syringe feed him. It didn't seem to bother him much, but it was on the middle of his back. I am sure because yours is on the throat, it is much more painful. It was about the size of a quarter.

I personally wouldn't force food on him. Make sure he is drinking water and give him a little time to heal. He will not starve himself, like I said, just make sure he is drinking.

Liz
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Did your vet say if the abcess was due to pastuerella or not? My vet believed that his was due to pastuerella, but he didn't have any other symptoms like nasal discharge or gooky eyes. Like yours, the abcess was surgically removed and he got a course of antibiotics.
Kiki678
5% products discount

Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love bunnies! Have you ever gone on cuteoverload (dot com)? They have a special bunnies section.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I hope Forest gets better soon. My cat has an absess on his throat right now too. He is recovering nicely.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
i had a mini Holland Lop bunny and i used to walk him on the driveway wearing a cat leash....

just imagine the faces of passing drivers who were gawking trying to figure out what kind of animals was on the leash!

He was very good rabbit but died of old age at 14 yrs...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Thank you, Poco Loco!! Speaking of my darling son, I have some bad news... I noticed today that he didn't eat his breakfast or lunch and he was acting really listless, so I took him in to see the vet. The vet found that he had an abcess (!!!) on his throat, and it was so advanced that my vet instantly had to cancel his other appts and operate on Forest. They want to keep Forest overnight, but I'm trying to convince them to let me bring him home for the night and then bring him back in the morning--- poor Forest gets so scared without me! I think it's because he was abandoned, but now he's very scared of being left again--- whenever we go to the vet's office he grips me tightly with his paws and buries his face in my armpit, like he's saying "No! Don't leave me!" As you guys can imagine I've just been a mess all day, crying and such... and my husband is gone on business so I'm here all alone... Crying or Very sad I'll keep you guys updated. Please say a prayer for my dear son!!

hey, don't worry since abcess is pretty common..as long as forest is in good hands he'll be fine
though i've read lots of articles on abcess and it is sth very hard to get rid of - it tends to grow back and it might take several operations until it's completely gone
milo has an abcess under his chin and he's had 2 operations within the last year trying to get rid of it..but it still grew back and my vet gave some medicine and said if i want, i can bring him in again to have another try
i didn't really want him to go through all the stress again since i still remember how he was all dizzy n tired after the operation..so i waited and put him on the medicine; i just checked a few days ago and it seems like his abcess is almost completely gone Very Happy
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
the vet is the best place for him if he has an abcess. He's got a bunny brain not a human brain so he won't remember that you left him...the vets office will check on him regularly and he'll be comfy and well taken care of...

try to not worry too much honey Smile

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |