Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Which is Best Hair Care - Ojon or Pureology
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
I would like to try some more intense hair products and both Ojon and Pureology look like they may suit. Does anyone have good/bad reports on either. Also, I would really appreciate it if anyone knows where I can buy either brand online from a reputable supplier.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Haven't tried Pureology, busy, but I do really love the Ojon Restorative Treatment. My hair's fine, frizzy, flyaway, dry and damaged, but this stuff really helps to soften and smooth it down.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I really love Ojon. I use their daily & deep conditioner. My hair type is thick & wavy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Haven't tried Purelogy. Good luck prying my Ojon outta my hands though!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:

Which Ojon do you use, Candy?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I really liked Ojon until I tried Redken Silk Fuel. OMG! This stuff makes your hair feel so wonderful and lasts for like 4 shampoos. You only need it once a week, maybe 2.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot where you live, but you can buy both pureology and ojon at drugstore.com (and their sister company, beauty.com)

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=40482&trx=SEARCH-BNAV-0-BSTORE&trxp2=40482

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=43798&srchtree=8

Also, if you check out through drugstore.com, you get free shipping after $49, you don't have to pay tax and you get a 5% to use at a later date.

HTH,
liz
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to be the first to give a MAJOR shout out for Pureology. I held off on trying it for years because frankly I thought no products could deliver results that would be worth the high price they charge, but I was mistaken as I think Pureology is fabulous! The volume shampoo is very concentrated so only a dab is needed, and it gives me a ton of volume and shine. The sandalwoody smell took a bit of getting used to, but now I'm positively addicted to it. I will say, however, that I did not LOVE their volume conditioner--- it has the same woodsy smell but with a strong note of vanilla added it, which made it just too sweet for me, so I'm planning on swapping this sucker away on makeup alley ASAP. I've also been using their hairspray and I totally love it. It helps my hair stay sleek and still keep its volume, and I love that it contains antioxidents and sunscreens to protect my color. I'm trying to get my hands on a purse-sized bottle so I can always have it on hand!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE pureology as well. I strayed from it for awhile and my hair got really frizzy. I have been using it again for about a month. My perfect combo is the moisturizing shampoo and the super straight conditioner.

the other liz Wink
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your replies. I am in Oz so need to find a supplier who will ship overseas. I am sure I read some not so good reports about drugstore.com on this forum in that you may not get a genuine product.
Does anyone know any other legitimate suppliers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

Which Ojon do you use, Candy?

I like the Hydrating line. Not only does it work wonders for my hair it seems fab! Have had others comment on it and that it reminds them of being on a tropical vacation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Bushy, you can buy Ojon products from Sephora.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just did a search on Pureology ingredients, and found that amazon.com carries this line. I believe, it is a really reputable supplier.

HTH. Wink
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Thanks everyone for your replies. I am in Oz so need to find a supplier who will ship overseas. I am sure I read some not so good reports about drugstore.com on this forum in that you may not get a genuine product.
Does anyone know any other legitimate suppliers.

bushy I am the one who looked into this and at least for Pureology drugstore.com is not an authorized dealer. They were very up front and honest about this when I asked them and told me that they could not guarantee that the products were genuine because they got them from a supplier and not from Pureology. I have a feeling that the supplier on Amazon.com is not an authorized Pureology dealer either but I could be wrong.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
Bushy, you can buy Ojon products from Sephora.

Unless there has been a change recently, Sephora does not ship outside US/Canada.

I am a bit wary of non genuine suppliers because one site I looked at had some Pureology products displayed which Pureology don't even make. Another site had a picture of the Ojon trial set box and it was easy to tell that the box was not genuine so I would be very suspicious of the products.
EDS needs a good hair care line don't they.......

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
bushy I don't know if they ship international but drugstore.com/beauty.com is an authorized Ojon dealer.
Here is a link for Beautyhabit. They are an Ojon authorized dealer and they do ship internationally. I have bought form them numerous times and they are a good merchant but since I live in the US I cannot comment on the international shipping service. www.beautyhabit.com/ojon.html HTH
Lizzy630
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love Ojon products! Found it through Sephora, and now use most of their products. I used to use Davines and still alternate days of using their conditioner with the Ojon. The treatment is my fav., it smells like insence!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I like the Ojon - especially the conditioner with the cute little comb Rolling Eyes - but I love Pureology. The only thing of theirs that I haven't tried is the hairspray (love F Fekkai's with olive oil). My hair is a short short bob. It's coloured, super fine & very limp. I'm also getting a receding hairline & trying to figure out what that is all about Shock !!! The volume shampoo & conditioner of Pureology together do wonders.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Do you have QVC over there in Oz, bushy? Our UK and the US versions sell Ojon.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Do you have QVC over there in Oz, bushy? Our UK and the US versions sell Ojon.

No we don't have QVC either. I will have a look at Amazon.com and BeautyHabit. Thanks again everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Confused I am a little bit confused....I did not think Purology is expensive at all! Am I missing something?

I did get a sample of the blue packaging...I think it was to help keep your hair straight. I got the shampoo, conditioner and the serum/cream treatment.
I thought nothing special about it.
Should I try it again?
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both of these....I loved Pureology but I am allergic (I get a really itchy head after I use it a few times in a row). I may be the only one but I didnt like the results I got from Ojon after a while. I felt like my hair was really soft but I could feel a build up on my hair. If I wasnt allergic to Pureology I would still be using it. I have switched to Redken and Kerestase and I'm happy with both. If you have color treated hair Kerestase Chrome Shampoo is awesome...save your money on the hair mask...Neutrogena has a great one that blows the $60 one away.
Rosie Girl
5% products discount

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Definately Purelogy! I don't know where my naturally curly and coloured hair would be without the hydrating shampoo and volumizing conditioner...The spray gel is a god send as well as I hate gels that make your hair hard/sticky or ones that don't give enough hold! Granted it is a little pricey but nothing else really works for me. Oh the price of trying to have beautiful hair... Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have never been a fan of Neutrogena. I have, from time to time, tried some of their products with disappointing results. While I have been pondering on where to source either Pureology or Ojon, I tried the Redken Extreme Deep Fuel and was very pleasantly surprised at how well it worked.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
ojon is amazing!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |