Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Advices needed for skincare product at night!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
matti_pacman
5% products discount

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I previously had bad acne but its now very much clear. Surprised My normal routine has been-

Morning: Vitamin C serum 12% from CSRx then SPF 35+ sun screen

Afternoon (home from work): Wash face then apply 10% AHA (Neostrata)

Night: apply differin gel

Since my acne has been cleared for about 3mths now, I am thinking of stopping the differin gel and apply some other product to reply/enhance my skin condition. My skin still looks pretty dull and has a few scars from acne but its slowly imporving. Any advices is very much appreciated!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
The Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel would help with the fading of the scars and improving your skin texture.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Yen that you need a peel or some sort of exfoliation to get rid of the dead skin cells that are making your skin look dull.

I use Ice Elements 2 minute miracle exfoliating gel as it is gentle, yet effective, however I am thinking that although you would see benefits from this you may also want something more aggressive, like microdermabrasion to help with the scarring.

Take care.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input guys! however i am already applying AHA 10%, which is a form of exfoliator in the afternoon... so would another peel/exfoliation at night become abit of an over kill??
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Matti!

Your AHA is going to help you with your skin cell turnover, however, you are going to need an actual peel or exfoliant to remove the dead skin cells that have turned over... Depending on your skin, you may not need to exfoliate often, however, since your skin is dull that does show that it does need to be done.

I exfoliate my skin 2 - 3 times a week, however some people exfoliate daily.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
But, if your skin is sensitive, you must think twice before exfoliating. I would suggest no exfoliation if you have sensitive skin.

Personally, pearl powder improves my skin by making it glower and fairer.
matti_pacman
5% products discount

Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:20 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the input! my skin does go alittle red and stings alittle after i apply my 10% AHA... so i guess its alittle sensitive.

So what product do ppl using uses as a night time product? pearl powder?? i never use it before but sounds fancy! Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:12 am      Reply with quote
For acne skin Jojoba Oil works well as an overnight or daytime moisturiser, I like to add a few drops of Lavender and Tea Tree essential oils to treat my skin at the same time.
Also Decleor Aromaessence Balms, particuolarly the Ylang Ylang would help to bring that 'glow' to your skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
matti_pacman I would suggest continuing with the Differin for several reasons. First, acne is generally not cured and it is only kept under control by the products you use. If you got your acne under control using Differin and AHA chances are that you will experience a return of your acne if you stop either one. Second, retinoids including Differin IMO have a lot of antiaging benefits mainly due to increased collagen production. I have been using Differin for eight years now for acne and I believe that if I ever stopped using it it would only be to try a different retinoid. Unless you are experiencing irritation from the Differin, I don't think you should stop using it. Just a note about AHAs it is normal for your skin to sting a little after you apply these because of their low pH. If that is the only problem you experience from using these and your skin is not irrated in general then that is okay. Personally, I cannot use AHAs everyday because I really do experience irritation from them. IMO since you use 10% AHAs everyday you may want to be carefull adding more exfoliation to your routine in the form of a peel. I am not saying don't do it but just be carefull adding one of these products. I am actually surprised that your skin looks so dull with your current routine. How is your skin hydration wise? It is possible that all the strong products you are using are drying your skin a little and that is why it looks dull.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
how about re vive moisture renewal cream? It works for creating glowing skin ^_^

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
matti_pacman
5% products discount

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great input! I think TheresaL you hav my skin condition spot on. My skin does get dry very easily.
Thanks for letting me know that Differin is a retionids... so does that mean not only does differin cures pimple, but also does good to the skin itself?
The AHA 'suppose' to moisturize the skin too, but i guess i need to sqeeze in a moisturizer somewhere then... Confused
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Yes Differin does have benefits other than helping with pimples and that is why I think you should stick with it as long as it is not irritating your skin. AHAs can by themselves moisturize the skin and I imagine that the base for your AHAs would contain some moisturizing ingredients. However, if your skin is dry or dehydrated then I think it needs additional moisture. Or you may need to occasionally skip a day of AHAs or Differin.

A few questions. Do you use the Differin Cream or the Gel? Do you wash your face again before you apply the Differin? Also, how much time is there between applying your AHAs and Differin? I'm sure that we can fit a moisturizer in your routine somewhere. BTW I didn't say this before but you have a nice routine that contains a good mix of actives!
matti_pacman
5% products discount

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using Differin Gel and I usually apply it after my shower and before i go to bed. ( i prefer shower at night Rolling Eyes )

I think theres about 5 hrs gap between my AHA application and differin gel application... is that enough?

Maybe i can apply some moisturizer in the morning after my Vit C application... but then i will feel theres 100 layers on products on my skin after i put on my sunscreen too! Razz

I guess i may try using dfferin gel on alternate days, see how that goes. Thanks!!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I prefer to shower at night too so I don't think that is odd at all!

A five hour gap between the AHA and Differin is plenty!

I would say that if you feel you need to apply moisturizer you can do so after applying the Differin. I am sure some retinoid purists would say no moisturizer but I think that if you wait at least 15 min. after you apply the Differin there is no problem. I always apply moisturizer over my Differin (after waiting of course) and this works fine for me. Using the Differin everyother day instead of every day might be enough to take care of your dryness though. Let me know how it works for you.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |