Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favorite Lipstick
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
crossing23

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a good lipstick, that will stay on more than 2 hours?
I have paid all prices and cannot find any![/b]
jilllpa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Great question! I am also looking for the same advice!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Urban Decay Lip Envy got a good review in the Products Review Forum recently, but it's a lip stain, not a lipstick.
Haven't yet tried it myself.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE Lancome's Juicy Rouge!! It's very creamy and moisturizing so it doesn't dry out my lips like a lot of other long-wear lipsticks, but it stays on my lips for hours! My shade of choice is caramel--- it's a gorgeous nude color.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
MAC..MAC...MAC..I use a liner and it stays put. My favorite shade is O.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins lippies in their red cases lasts well on me....
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
The Urban Decay Lip Envy is wonderful. It stays on pretty much all day, though towards the evening it's on to a lesser degree... But I think any lipstick should stay on for two hours, given you aren't eating/drinking/talking extensively. Maybe what you really need is a stain. Like Urban Decay Lip Envy. Very Happy
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
MAC..MAC...MAC..I use a liner and it stays put. My favorite shade is O.

MAC...MAC...MAC here too!! My fav shade is "Gel" though Dancing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I will be the minority here. I don't like MAC lipsticks because they dried out my lips, but I like their lipliners. Very Happy
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
MAC and Bobbi Brown...when applied with a brush they last ALL DAY for me.
Fatjack
5% products discount

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
i second bobbi brown. i'm on the road all day and even after a sandwich its still on!!
need to apply over foundation with a brush, blot then reapply!
Wink
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
MAC and Bobbi Brown...when applied with a brush they last ALL DAY for me.

Whaow???! I've never found a BB lipstick that actually lasts. I must be weird. The ONLY one that ever worked was Max factor Lipfinity but they discontinued it. snif. So, I am looking too.
hindoss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I love Estee Lauder Gloss
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased a Sue Devitt matte lipstick and it's fabulous - lasts for hours and it doesn't have the dry feel of most matte lipsticks on the market.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love YSL lipstick rouge! When used together with its lip gloss, it stays long and shining!

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
surfer
5% products discount

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried Clinique Gloss in Black Honey - used to be an old fave of mine in the stick. I prefer the gloss, since it's so much more moisturizing. The color lasts over 3 hours on me and it fades slightly into a nice stain at that point.

The smell is a little weird but fades quickly. I've had several compliments on the color, it's my perfect color for fall and no bleeding into the lip line.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:05 am      Reply with quote
I find Bobbi Brown ones last well on me too, but they can be drying. MAC is more drying for me, although I love their colours.

So what I do to avoid drying up my lips no matter what brand I wear is before touchups I'd clean all traces of lipstick first, smear a wee bit of lip balm and then reapply.

My sister loves Dior ones, they seem non-drying as well.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:18 am      Reply with quote
My fav is MAC Playboy Bunny Pink - it's the best colour and have not found the same colour ever since - similar MAC colours just don't look as good on my lips. Not to mention the logo engraved on it is so cute!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm a sucker for lipsticks with pretty packaging Very Happy so I Guerlain's lipsticks, especially KissKiss Maxi Shine in "Peach Shine" & I also quite like the Dior Addict lipsticks, the LE Pearl Shimmer collection was gorgeous! Drool But I really want to try the new Dior lipsticks actually, they look really good! Wink
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
I'm a sucker for lipsticks with pretty packaging Very Happy so I Guerlain's lipsticks, especially KissKiss Maxi Shine in "Peach Shine" & I also quite like the Dior Addict lipsticks, the LE Pearl Shimmer collection was gorgeous! Drool But I really want to try the new Dior lipsticks actually, they look really good! Wink

I forgot about KissKiss (love the tube, too)! Years ago I used to wear nothing but KissKiss not only were they longlasting (through greasy food, even) but also non-drying. I finally stpped when they increased the price and it suddenly became absurd to pay that much money for a tube of lippie, no matter how pretty the packaging or how well it performs.

Anyways, if money is no object, KissKiss and Divinora are good longlasting lipsticks.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I find NARS lipsticks are really good in terms of staying power but aren't too drying or strangely-textured. There's also no scent or taste and there's a lot of lovely colors to choose from.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I usually wear a little gloss rather than lipstick but the best ones I have tried are KISS KISS and Clinique Long Lasting lipstick. It is truly the only thing Clinique does that is not made of gasoline.

As autumn is here I am going to use lipstick rather than gloss but my best budget buys are Boots natural collection lipgloss in watermelon (never without this) and Rimmel sweet jelly tubes for a lovely natural and yummy spot of colour. Cheap but great!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
YSL and shiseido both have very nice lipsticks with solid colour
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
YSL #272 is amazing! It's an amazing colour for most skin tones!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Chanel and I love the packaging. It displays class.

I don't think it can last longer then 2 hours on your lips. Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |