Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review of DDF Erase Eye gel after 6 wks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished a six week trial of DDF Erase Eye Gel. I purchased it at Sephora for around $42 USD. I used it twice a day on both eyes. It is supposed to treat eye puffiness, lines and dark circles. Here's what I thought:

Texture Smell and Packaging:
The product is a pleasant gel texture and soaks in quickly.

It has a slight smell that makes me a little queasy, but I was able to use it. The smell fades completely once the product soaks in.

The packaging is great because it comes in a little pump bottle, so you don't contaminate the product as you use it. One problem I can forsee is that you will run out of the product without knowing it because the bottle is opaque.

Effectiveness:
Only slightly effective on puffiness, which is my main area of concern. I have seen a small decrease, but certainly not enough to justify re-purchasing.

Dark circles are not really a big problem for me, but I did not see any decrease at all in my slight circles.

I don't have a real problem with lines either, but I do have some very faint ones at the corners of my eyes. I noticed that the eye erase gel actually seemed to make them appear. I decided it was dehydration and put a little emu oil in the areas of concern. This took care of it, but the faint lines I have were not reduced at all during the time I used the product.

Active Ingedients:

Vitamin K Liposome
Vitamin C
Kojic Acid
Horse Chestnut Extract
German Chamomile Extract
Citrus Bioflavinoids
Beta-Glucan
Hyaluronic Acid

Overall Impression:

Since the gel contains Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and HA, I was hoping to see some nice results. Unfortuantely, I'm not very impressed. It's a nice product other than the smell, but it didn't really do anything for me. The reduction in puffiness that I saw was so slight that it's hardly worth mentioning. I can't really say I'd recommend this product to anyone. I will probably use the remainder of the bottle, but will not repurchase. If I see any changes while I am using it, I will post an update.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I'm obsessed with eye cream, but I don't think this is for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the DDF Erase Eye Gel for about 3 weeks now and I am NOT pleased with it either. In fact, I think it's giving me flat white bumps (milia?) under my eyes (and even one on my eyelid last week--and I never get these on my eyelids--YUCK!). My undereyes are puffier and my wrinkles are more visible than when I use other products. The ingredients make it SOUND so promising, but unfortunately I haven't gotten any positive results from using it. IMO: A TOTAL WASTE OF $!
**Another one bites the dust. Brick wall **

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Your results sound worse than mine. At least I haven't gotten any milia from it. Try emu oil to get rid of those lines. It worked on mine, so I'm assuming they're just dehydration.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
thanks..i was interested in this eye gel some time ago and read similar reviews at MUA..most ppl did not see any big improvement in terms of reducing puffiness..
Mabsy

Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you again for updating your initial experiences with this and I'm sorry it didn't improve. I was hoping you might see some good results from it...

ETA: You've probably heard this from others as well, but the Juvedical eye serum is good at de-puffing (though it's $$$).
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Mabsy! With all the $$ I've spent on products that didn't work, I'd probably save money with the Juvedicial in spite of the price.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:52 am      Reply with quote
How about DDF's other products? Are they good?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
yaling111, I have no idea. I've never tried them.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |