Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Large pores on nose, need product suggestions.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
somethingducky

Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi new here. I'm 20 and have oily sensitive skin. After years of going back and forth with products and having all sorts of skin problems i've more or less figured out what works for me. I use Lush's Aqua Marina skin clenser and Dove sensitive essentials day lotion. Once or twice a week I use Lush Angels on Bare Skin as a gentle exfoliant. I also tend to stick to mineral make-up. My skin is settling down wonderfully, but I still have rather large oily pores on my nose. They're very prone to looking dirty. I have an Avon mask that helps but dosen't really have a long lasting efect. The Clarisonic skin brush looks tempting but too pricey for me at the moment. Any product recomendations would be helpful. I'm on a bit of a budget but i'm open to anything.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Go to your nearest Sallys. I love their Beyond Belief Clean Pore Nose Peel, I bought a tube last week for around $5.00. The back of the tube says the product.....unclogs, tightens and reduces the appearance of pore size, helps control blackheads, etc. I use it a couple of times a week and it really had helped clear up the blackheads on my nose, and my pores seem smaller. Its a definite HG!!!!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've got this nose peel too and agree with Chrissie that it does an amazing job. I've even got my SO using it too Very Happy
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
How does the Nose Peel work? Like Biore strips, or does the product make a film on the skin that is peeled off on its own? I think I have to add this to my Sally's list!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marci65.
Its a cream that you leave on for 5-10 minutes and peel it off and best of all.....it works Very Happy
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to this board, and my first purchase since joining and reading reviews, was Dr. H's cleansing cream. I do the whole "press and rule" thing and then leave it on for about 2 minutes after, and it really degongests and appears to make my pores almost invisible. And of course, I had to get the juice beauty apple peel last night and my skin is glowing, no big oily pores (we're about the same age, so I can relate).
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
I'm new to this board, and my first purchase since joining and reading reviews, was Dr. H's cleansing cream. I do the whole "press and rule" thing and then leave it on for about 2 minutes after, and it really degongests and appears to make my pores almost invisible. And of course, I had to get the juice beauty apple peel last night and my skin is glowing, no big oily pores (we're about the same age, so I can relate).

I agree with both these suggestions. I'll also add that you should follow with Dr H's Clarifying Toner. You can see a reduction in pore size the first morning after use. It really is great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I found using Vitamin C, like Vivier 20% or IS Clinical Super Serum contributes to smoothing out your pores on your nose.
Clarisonic must help also Very Happy
Maybe IS Clinical Active Serum can help.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Hi Marci65.
Its a cream that you leave on for 5-10 minutes and peel it off and best of all.....it works Very Happy
Thanks, anya -- I just picked some up from Sally and I'm going to try it one night this week.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
For me, anything with salicylic acid in it helps. I've been using the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Skin Defense lotion with 2% in it and it helps as does a cleansing wash with 2% SA in it.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
Go to your nearest Sallys. I love their Beyond Belief Clean Pore Nose Peel, I bought a tube last week for around $5.00. The back of the tube says the product.....unclogs, tightens and reduces the appearance of pore size, helps control blackheads, etc. I use it a couple of times a week and it really had helped clear up the blackheads on my nose, and my pores seem smaller. Its a definite HG!!!!

I've used this for awhile now. My nose is the only oily thing on my face, so I use this every now and again and it really even my complexion out. It's very gentle yet deeps cleans.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:

I totally forgot about this! I used it several years ago, it really does work. Gonna get some more this week!
tina7006
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
What about Biore strip? Is it any good?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
tina7006 wrote:
What about Biore strip? Is it any good?

I found that rather than removing anything from my nose, it just deposited a nice thick layer of gluey junk. rarr!
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A Micro always worked amazing for me.
Made my skin incredibly smooth.
Rx only.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
For me to reduce the size of my poors or at least the illusion was consistently using my ACV Toner. Also Vivant Madelic Acid has made such a huge difference. It seems that my pores instantaneously decrease in size in front of my eyes when I put it on. Also since it tends to be a drying affect it may help with you oil problem.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
So Sally's Nose Peel works better than Biore's nose strip.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about Sally's Nose Peel but I have heard extreme cases about people getting broken caps from removing the Biore strips from their noses.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
DDF Glycolic 10 percent is great for refining pores. -Melissa
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I have very large pores & haven't had much luck with anything actually Sad. The only product that I thought was ok was Sisley Tropical Resins Lotion, which also helped make my skin a lot less oily. But unfortunately my pores are still fairly large, & I now find the lotion way too drying to use on my skin Confused
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
A well formulated BHA will clean inner pore walls, and help a lot. http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/exfoliants.htm
(not all are created equal)

Dianna Yvonne, Skin Biology, and Paulas Choce also have some good ones. Strengths vary a lot. I like the I feel pretty because of cost, because its stronger then the Paulas Choice or Exfol, and an aha and bha in one step. I find the 5% BHA does excellent on ,y enlarged nose pore area. 5% may be to much for beginners or those with sensitive skin, but it does work. A lower strength product is also available.

Pair it with jojoba oil and Hazel nut oil as a moisterizer which also help clean pores inner walls and regulate oil production.

The Clarifying Serum here is excellent, I like to mix it with the DMAE Toner, but you can use the facial spritz or tap water also.

http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/facial.htm

Many moisterizers have a slew of pore clogging thickners and waxs, even those made for acne prone skin. This can build up inside the pore, and contribute to the enlarged pore problem.

Avoid pore clogging ingrediants, and irritants in your other products. See this list:
http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
vivant mandelic seems to consistantly get good reviews for pore issues (particularly for the oily skinned - i think if dryer skinned folk used this too often it might be too drying) I'm combo/dry in winter and have tried this and would use again - especially in my larger-pored t-zone.

but a good bha (2% or 5% @ 1.9) is what I always go for, it's more cost effective for me.
also, I can find no controversy on bha useage, but there seems to be some concern with mandelic.

tangal -
thanks for the link.
it seems likes she knows what she's doing -
and the price is certainly right, but I don't see any ingredients lists for the products.

that bha/aha product and dmae/anti oxidant mist
have me interested.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
A well formulated BHA will clean inner pore walls, and help a lot. http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/exfoliants.htm
(not all are created equal)

Dianna Yvonne, Skin Biology, and Paulas Choce also have some good ones. Strengths vary a lot. I like the I feel pretty because of cost, because its stronger then the Paulas Choice or Exfol, and an aha and bha in one step. I find the 5% BHA does excellent on ,y enlarged nose pore area. 5% may be to much for beginners or those with sensitive skin, but it does work. A lower strength product is also available.

Pair it with jojoba oil and Hazel nut oil as a moisterizer which also help clean pores inner walls and regulate oil production.

The Clarifying Serum here is excellent, I like to mix it with the DMAE Toner, but you can use the facial spritz or tap water also.

http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/facial.htm

Many moisterizers have a slew of pore clogging thickners and waxs, even those made for acne prone skin. This can build up inside the pore, and contribute to the enlarged pore problem.

Avoid pore clogging ingrediants, and irritants in your other products. See this list:
http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

I just purchased the "I feel Pretty" 2% BHA/ 4% AHA.
I've used Paula's choice BHA before (used it for about two or three years up until 1.5 years ago...and I'm realizing that I probably should not have stopped using a BHA. THis might be the extra kick my skin needs to become truly blemish free. I remember it working well, but I stopped using it when PC's prices went up. I just went back to her site and now there are no 2oz. sizes available anymore (I liked these) and her prices are now quite a bit more than before. Still cheaper than other products, but I'm intrigued by BHA/AHA in one product...

Thanks again Tangal! I'm excited to get this!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
The I Feel Pretty are good formulations. She does not list the ingrediants any more because of ppl copying her formulas. But you can email her for them, or if you have specific concerns and Kim will be happy to help you out.

She likes to use basic ingrediants, with as few ingrediants as possible to minimize sensitivity issues etc. (bot herand her daughter have sensitive skin)

The DMAE uses a Rooibos Tea base which makes it very nice for soothing skin, or helping with redness. It has some other antioxidant ingrediants added, to give an overall blend of antioxidant types. I like it myself. Its a water like product so easy to layer other products over it without penitration issue.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
...Hum !...What is a Sally ? I have no clue what is it. A store ? A cosmetics brand ? Confused
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |