Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TCA Cross method to reduce acne icepick scars & scared P
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
willowsnow
5% products discount

Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,

I have just been reading up on the internet on the a technique called TCA Cross where you dip a toothpick in TCA solution and then press it into a scarred pore which has been damaged by blackheads or a small icepick scar and the localised application of the acid in a scarred area enables the skin to rebuild it's self and smoothes out the skin on the surface to at least some degree making the scars / pores less noticable.
Needless to say I am very excited about this treatment especially as it is possible to do it at home fairly cheaply Very Happy .
Has anyone else attempted this method and had good results?
It seems it would be perfect for my problem of large scared pores and small icepick scars on my nose so I am tempted to just go ahead and order!

Please let me know what you all think?

Willow
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm doing this. So far, I've done the TCA cross once and it went as planned. I used 20% TCA applied as a spot treatment and also use Super Cop 2x at night as a spot treatment for rebuilding collagen. My main and largest scars have minimized by atleast 1/3 so far.

Anyway, I'm going to start the cross spot treatment again soon as there should be some time between applications to allow rebuilding.
willowsnow
5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your resoponse scalawaggirl. I think I am going to take the plunge and order the stuff to do this with.
I am going to order the 12.5% TCA peel (from Platinum Skin)for an all over peel and then the 20% TCA for the cross treatment. I am also going to get the CP Super Intense Regenerating Serum to use after it is all going to be quite price but I spent over £400 on a series of Glyolic peels previously which made no diffrence so it will be good value!

Did you just use an ordinary wooded toothpick to do the cross treatment? Also could you tell me if you did any scars on your nose using this method, this is where most of my scars are but I am not sure it it would work as well on the gristly part of the nose?

Thanks again for your reply!

Willow.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Willowsnow
In my experience the Supercop 2X seems and feels much more regenerative (if there is such a word) than the Supercop serum. If you're going for maximum attack on your pores I'd opt for that one instead.
willowsnow
5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly for your reply to my post regarding the supercop x2. if you really think this could help my enlarged pore and marks I am willing to go for it but do you think I would need to buy the Supercop serum for the rest of my face after the 12.5 peel or is it possible to use teh Supercop x2 all over your face and under the eyes? the platinum skincare website seems to suggest that you need to work up to the supercop x2.
I think I shall go ahead and order anyway but any thoughts on the above query are welcome!

Willow
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
What about hyperpigmentation?
willowsnow
5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Razinkane,

Are you asking if the peels could help hyperpigmentation or warning that it could cause them?
I have the fairest skin possible irish/scottish/celtic and with all it's problems it rarely has problems with hyperpigmentation, although I do plan to do a patch test on my inner arm first.
If you have a problem with hyperpigmentation I think TCA is sopposed to be good for them and it is considered one of the most suitable for black and asian skins as it is less likely to cause pigmentation problems.

If this was not what you meant please let me know!

Willow.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I mean, can't the cross method cause pigmentation issues. I was reading about it and it said somehthing about applying a skin lightening agent. I was just curious, thats all. I can't do anything until I give my cps a fair chance. Very Happy , but of course, I would like to... but I'm afighting it.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I agree w/Molly re: using SC2x for spot treating. For the whole face, I am still using CP serum currently diluted at 5 drops CP/3 drops water and will follow my dilution schedule (changing every 2 weeks) until I can work up to full strength (CP Serum is the weakest formula). That said, my point is to NOT rush CP use as you will likely be quite disappointed in the potential results (commonly known as "uglies").

Re: hyperpigmentation, I believe that spot treating can cause disparate coloring so would use caution, if your skin is darker; however, I cannot comment on this much since I am fairly light. I can share that I did have a bit of HP on my forehead that has since all but disappeared. I use quite a few products, though, so can't pinpoint one specifically though I think the acids are likely the reason.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, forget to answer the toothpick question. I ordered some from Platinum Skincare (where I also ordered the TCA 20%). They were cheap so I got about 10 packages. They work well for applying the TCA as you have to sort of soak the acid and then apply to the scar, which will then frost.

I'm not quite ready to try a 12% TCA peel at home yet though it's in the back of my mind for the future. I've noted other forum members have done so with caution and come through unscathed. There is downtime, though, so perhaps I will do this when I can assure a week of no travel for work. Smile
willowsnow
5% products discount

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Again,
I just responded to your reply on the other thread!
Thanks again for the info on the sticks I ordered a pack along with my other products from platinum skin. I am very excited!!!
I orderd the SC2x, the TCA 20%, TCA1 2.5% and the lowest strength CP serum to use on my whole face, could I use this on my under eye area? I will dilute it down as you suggest, is it possible to dilute the TCA or would that just neutralise the solution?
I am a little worried about hyperpigmentation issue as I am doing the TCA Cross treatment on my nose and obviously if anything goes wrong it will be in a prominent place, however I think it must be better that having this pot hole in my nose. Also as I said before I think the fairer you are it is unlikely you will suffer from hyperpigmentation.
I will definetly test in a not noticable section 1st.

I have to wait a few weeks for my order to arrive from the States but I will keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Willow x
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Willow, you can use the diluted CP serum under your eyes but keep an "eye" on it since many have had droopy or crepey problems show up due to irritation. I use the Night Eyes Premier from Skin Bio w/zero problems.

Hope that helps. Smile
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
scally, (i saw that in another post Smile )

are you doing this on "indented" scars, or raised ones as well?
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:57 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Willow, you can use the diluted CP serum under your eyes but keep an "eye" on it since many have had droopy or crepey problems show up due to irritation. I use the Night Eyes Premier from Skin Bio w/zero problems.

Hope that helps. Smile

Did you have to dilute the Night Eyes Premier? I am thinking about using cps too but I'm a bit chicken (afraid of the uglies).

I don't know when I will get to use cps as I have such a list of products to sample/test. But this and mandelic acid will definitely be on my list as I have large pores.

Did you get the CP serum from bioskin or Platinum? When you first started using the CP what was the percentage of cp to water?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm not mixing mine with water Shock
I've just been using it the last two weeks every other day, and last night I finally tried the emu oil over it. I haven't experienced anything bad yet, knock on wood, and in two more weeks am going to try using it every night, see how that goes.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
scally, (i saw that in another post Smile )

are you doing this on "indented" scars, or raised ones as well?

Indented scars and raised moles (red and others). Smile I did a pretty agressive 2 night scar treatment w/SuperCop 2x and am having a good response though there is the lovely "brown" phase that I am currently in (where scabbies turn brownish - mostly cover w/mineral makeup so not a biggie).

I also did a 35% fruit acid peel and have been following my normal routine w/adding PSF O2 serum periodically. This really seems to be helping calm any irritation or it may be that the fruit acid peel is, in fact, far less irritating than glycolic, which I used previously.

Since I'm already splotchy from the SC2x, I only did a TCA Cross on one larger-sized mole that I have to further experiment. So far, so good!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Did you have to dilute the Night Eyes Premier? I am thinking about using cps too but I'm a bit chicken (afraid of the uglies).

I don't know when I will get to use cps as I have such a list of products to sample/test. But this and mandelic acid will definitely be on my list as I have large pores.

Did you get the CP serum from bioskin or Platinum? When you first started using the CP what was the percentage of cp to water?

No dilution necessary for me at all w/the Night Eyes Premier. I do apply Exfol serum prior (if I have the time in the PM) as well as AM at the same time as my 2% BHA/Mandelic. I apply around my eyes, neck and decollétage. Then, the required 30 minute wait before the rest of my routine. I am a huge, huge fan of mandelic acid along w/BHA (keeps the blackheads way down).

I'd give CPs a try but take it very slowly. You won't see immediate results but then it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I have been using TriReduction on my neck and hands and am already seeing a change to a scar on one of my fingers. It has minimized significantly so I'm a believer. I also use Folligen cream on my eyebrows w/great success; they are growing in faster than when I tried Rogaine. As for the Night Eyes Premier, I do not have any wrinkles to speak of but I did have an uneven texture under my eyes (what people often refer to as "chicken" skin) it was pebbly in tiny areas. Now, it is smooth.

Questions, let me know.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |