Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Foundation Help Please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Ok ive had lots of advice for my skincare now just wondered if someone could help with foundation problems.

At the moment I am using Esteer Lauder Individualist foundation and then apply a bronzing powder over this.It just seems that whatever foundation I use my wrinkles stand out and my skin looks holey and yuck. I tend to where bronzing powder because i use a fake tan on my body except my face as this makes my face even worse. By mid day by skin can be quite shiny too

Below is my post to a previous one about skincare just so that people can get a feel as to how my skin is. Hope someone can help

many thanks

Sally

Im not sure what foundation would be the best ones to try. My skin type - umm not so sure but can only explain what it seems to be doing. Somedays my skin will feel really tight. I get quite a few dry flakey patchy. Though saying that by mid day me skin looks very shiny. Once ive put on foundation my skin looks even older than normal and it looks pretty old, dry and dull at the best of times. My pores are quite noticable in areas. Kinda of looks like ive been run over with a rolling pin that has small needles in ti Id say my skin has lost some elasticity. It looks quite saggy. My eyelids are even starting to droop

Wrinkles - for my age 37, I seem to have tons. My eyes are very crepey underneath and I have crows feet, I have little lines around my lips and one quite prominent frown line that makes me look so angry most of the time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Apply a primer before your foundation. It makes a big difference. Smashbox and Laura Mercier have good primers.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
ETA - Sorry, Salster! I'm only half-awake at the moment and realise that I've just given you loads of unnecessary skincare advice in this post. Hadn't read yours properly. My apologies. Embarassed

It sounds as though you need to try to get your skin back into better, more comfortable condition.

Firstly, regular exfoliation (maybe once or twice weekly, depending on the product you choose) should help to get rid of that dry, flaky skin.

Then you might want to also add some skin treatments. Vitamin C Serum (bought ready-made or made at home - see the DIY section on the forum) can help to brighten and even skintone.

You may also wish to try a "Botox substitute" product such as PSF's BrowTox or Cellular SkinRx's Relax-a-Line that should help to diminish the appearance of crow's feet and forehead wrinkles.

DMAE serum (again, you can buy ready-made or DIY) often works well at firming skin.

There are loads of other serums and treatments on the market or that you can make reasonably inexpensively to cater for all kinds of skincare concerns.

It sounds as though your skin may well be dehydrated. A good moisturiser should help with this.

I don't know much about solving your open pore problem, unfortunately, though.

For facial fake tan, I absolutely swear by Clarins Liquid Bronze. It gives a very natural effect that lasts for a few days, and is very easy to apply. I also have dry skin and this doesn't dry my skin out. I do apply moisturiser beforehand, though, so this probably helps.

Foundation-wise, I've recently started using a tinted moisturiser (mine's by Laura Mercier and is oil-free). It gives a lovely, natural effect that doesn't show up fine lines. I also add a very light dusting of powder on top to set it and prevent shine. The powder I use is by Dr Hauschka and is translucent.

I don't use a primer, but that may help you, as someone else has suggested.

Best of luck!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Majorb

Thank you. I am trying really hard at the mo to get my skin in better condition. At the moment I am using Photolagen day and night, Renova at night and PSF C Serum 20% in the day. I have just ordered from EDS PSF HA Serum and Cellular Skin Relax Plus with Vialox. I do have the PSF stimucoll which i use too (am). I am also looking for a face firming cream and good eyecream (THinking about cellcosmet or something). DMAE has been suggested to me on another thread so im looking at that at the moment. Ive just got a thing about anything making my skin sag all the more. I did read reports that agriliene / dmae could make saggin worse and im afraid ive got this seed planted in my head. Alot of ladies have assured me that this is not the case and to spot treat problem areas only with these.

I tend to use a medium (at the very least) in coverage as my skin is quite blemished

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm not an expert but I do tend to try lots of foundations.. It sounds like you could benefit from a mineral make up becuase I noticed that BE clears my blemishes....I have tried the foundations below.

P.S.
I have use EL foundations and I did not like them...they sat in my wrinkles and made my dry skin (winter) worse.

Options:
Bare Essentials: Love the coverage and ease. The Bisque is great at covering blemishes and I believe it helps heal them. I noticed that when I use this my blackheads are no more and my blemishes calm down.

Amoraleigh: The one for sensitive skin...I use this in the winter b/c my skin gets really dry adn this stuff protects it.

Glo Minerals: Compact powder foundation...love the coverage...feels kinda drying but over all I like it. I like BE better and its cheaper. The concealer is GREAT!!

Some other foundations I liked:
Revlon Color Stay: Works well on my blemish prone skin and gives lot of coverage which I like.

CoverGirl Pure: Feels nice and does not clog pores...very light coverage.

Covergirl Whipped Foundation: Very light and great natural looking coverage. It is a little much for oily skin but when I'm feeling dry its awesome!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi olivia

Do the Bare Essentials make your skin dry. Although the Esteer Lauder (and practically most foundations) tend to make me look older and not at all fresh looking and by mid day i am so shiny. I will have to do a search for samples of mineral makeup

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
BE does tend to "sit on top" of my dry winter skin but I dont think it causes the dry skin...so in the winter when I am very dry I switch to amoraleigh Glissade formula. You can order samples of the amoraleigh mineral makeup from their website. www.amoraleigh.com

I suggested mineral make up because it sounds like you are working out some skin conditions...I find that mineral makeup is less irratating and causes less blemishes.
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I think Jane Iredale's might do. I also have dry skin with shiney t-zone by the end of the day. I'd usually put JI pressed mineral foundation on with a brush in the morning, then spray the JI d2o spray on to let it set. The makeup stays on all day, and if you feel dry again you can always spray more d2o. For shiny t-zones I usually use oil absording sheets, but I'm planning to try the JI absense primer (it's good for oil control).

For the bronzer, you could always get a darker shade foundation, or try the BE powders for that.

JI's products all have UV protection..the foundations have SPF 18
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |