Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

glotherapeutics Gentle Enzyme Exfoliant (73 ml / 2.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Hello Kitty Rose Repair Gel Mask (150 ml) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)
Good Deodorant.. ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I consider hygiene to fall under skin care, so I thought this would be the appropriate place to ask this question.

I'm looking for a good deodorant (not antiperspirant). I currently use Certain Dri as an antiperspirant, as I could never find a regular deodorant/a.p. stick that worked. Certain Dri is great, I use it once or twice a week before bed and NO SWEAT! The only thing is that it doesn't do anything for odor. And somehow, even though I'm not sweating, I do still get a slight odor under my arms. I tried the regular Kiss My Face roll on, but it didn't seem to do anything. Actually, most things that I use tend to have a weird reaction with my body - as in I will end up having more odor WITH a product than I do without it.
I recall having pretty good luck with Tom's of Maine, but even though it's a clear stick, I get a bit of residue on black or dark clothing. I've got a Whole Foods nearby and was thinking of checking out something by Jason maybe. What does everyone use? Any recommendations for a natural antiperspirant?

TIA!! Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I'd be very interested to hear everyone's responses as I have yet to find a natural deodorant that works as well as I would like. That being said, I have some ideas that I think would help you! I have the same problem as you and it drives me nuts! What I do is I let my antiperspirant dry, and then I top it off with some kind of powder (I know I know, not the best for black clothes, but it works so well!). If you like the smell of Baby Powder, Johnson's makes a nice cornstarch-only one that works well. I've also had GREAT results with Jurlique's Rose Silk Dust and Jason's Tea Tree Body Powder. Good Luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Dove Ultimate Clear deodorant is very nice.
Toronto_Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi! A year ago, I decided to stop using anti-perspirant. I feel that the body needs to release harmful toxins, and so I'd rather sweat than do more harm to my body. I tried "natural" deoderants from Health Food Stores, etc but I never liked any of them. One day, I went to Shoppers Drugmart and I found my new fave!

ADIDAS 24 hr control Absorbent-Deo. On the lid, it says "Aluminum Free, Cotton technology". I have to apply it through out the day, and my underarm area gets damp at times but it controls any odor as long as I reapply...a small annoyance in comparison.

Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I wanted to add that while I've not personally tried it, I've heard that L'Occitane's deodorant is really nice... expensive, but it's supposed to have lots of EOs and smell divine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Kiss My Face liquid rock. However similar to the experiences of some MUAers I found the new non-paraben formula doens't work as well as the old formula which contains parabens. Not sure why. But I'm still using the new formula and it still works for me, but I never had strong BO to begin with.
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Addidas cotton and also found it did not control wetness but smelled nice.
Shirley M
Caspers Mum

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use deodorant. I don't like to sweat, and use antiperspirant. My favorite is Mitchum For Women Cool Dry Invisible Solid (Shower Fresh). It has 25% Aluminum Z.T. I am not concerned about the latter. I've faced death a few times, and something will kill me eventually. Laughing

Sometimes, I even apply Drysol at night.
rkai93
5% products discount

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
real purity - the best
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
It has 25% Aluminum Z.T. I am not concerned about the latter. I've faced death a few times, and something will kill me eventually. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

However, I feel the same way Smile. I never really got the fuss about the aluminum and even if I did figure it out, I would most likely continue using it just because it helps me! I've used Secret Platinum protection which gave- up after a while of using it. Then I got a trial of Dove deodorant which seemed very nice but didn't deodorize at all and then I've also tried the new Degree one for women. This seems to help a bit more than the others. But with my luck, it's going to stop working and I will continue my search. Confused
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Certain Dry also makes a daytime deodorant formula for use with their original product. I saw this at Walgreens next to the other.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
what i have found - is once i gave up antiperspirant, i stopped sweating as much.
when i was using it, it would inevitably stop working

better to jsut use a GOOD deodarant with the least amount of chemicals possible and go from there - it's your breasts, ladies - putting htat crap near your gland there is just asking for trouble
yes, there is a about a week of detox - where you sweat alot, but then you normalize
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
rkai93 wrote:
better to jsut use a GOOD deodarant with the least amount of chemicals possible and go from there - it's your breasts, ladies - putting htat crap near your gland there is just asking for trouble

Ok, so what deodorants would you recommend that have the least amount of chemicals (and also are widely available/ cheap).

Thanks! Very Happy
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Toronto_Belle wrote:
Hi! A year ago, I decided to stop using anti-perspirant. I feel that the body needs to release harmful toxins, and so I'd rather sweat than do more harm to my body. I tried "natural" deoderants from Health Food Stores, etc but I never liked any of them. One day, I went to Shoppers Drugmart and I found my new fave!

ADIDAS 24 hr control Absorbent-Deo. On the lid, it says "Aluminum Free, Cotton technology". I have to apply it through out the day, and my underarm area gets damp at times but it controls any odor as long as I reapply...a small annoyance in comparison.

Hope this helps!

The body doesn't release harmful toxins through sweat, just electrolytes Wink but I'm glad you found a great sunscreen without aluminum! I'll have to look into that for my BF who hates my natural sunscreens Laughing
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I was always skeptical about whether the "natural" health food store-type deodorants worked, but on a whim I tried one a few years ago and haven't used anything else since! It's called Lafe's Natural Crystal...here's a link: http://www.naturalcrystal.com/product.php?productid=13

It's inexpensive and lasts FOREVER...well over a year. So, you may want to give this a try!

Hope this helps!
Mary Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use one of the natural crystal deodorants from time to time, and it works great and is cheap. I do find that it irritates my skin, though. I get really itchy and swell a little. Works great, though!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I use one of the natural crystal deodorants from time to time, and it works great and is cheap. I do find that it irritates my skin, though. I get really itchy and swell a little. Works great, though!

Tosca-

Ive had the same issue with the solid crystal so I switched to a liquid form. So much better! Its called Be Natural Stay Fresh Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal. Its a roll on and cost about $4USD at Walmart. I will never go back to anything else. I NEVER stink and actually seem to sweat less than with an antipers. My HG.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I use a deodorant-only product. So far my favorite is JASON Tea Tree Oil deodorant stick. It works pretty well on odor, and I've found that I don't sweat as much as I used to think I did before switching. Wink
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
That's exactly the one I like, Vonstella! Unfortunately, the roll-on still gives me the same reaction. Confused I save it for days when I'm wearing sleeveless tops because I can't use it every day. It would be my HG if it weren't for that.
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone explain how the crystal deodorant works? I've wanted to try something more natural but can't see how a crystal would help with odour and wetness.
Shirley M
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Shirley, from what I understand, it has anti-bacterial properties. It does not stop you from sweating, but it kills off the bacteria that causes the odor. I never really sweat with it, but I don't sweat much anyway.
Toronto_Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I suffered from bouts of horrible acne to more milder acne for years (since I started mensturating). Just over a year ago, I stopped using Anti-perspirants and began using deoderant only. I also stopped wearing foundation. I felt ugly for the first few weeks, but I felt great when I started seeing my skin improve. After about a month of not wearing foundation and not using anti-perspiratn, my skin really improved to the point where I never get cysts or actual pimples (with a white head) anymore. I will occassionally get a superficial pimple that lasts a day or two and usually only around the time when my period visits. I believe that the improvments are due to the simple fact that I no longer apply anything to my skin that will block it from purging, or sweating, etc. If I go out on a date or out dancing, I'll apply foundation to get that "flawless" look, but otherwise-- I stay away from blocking my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I use secret body spray, I LOVE THE SCENTS. I am currently using the Apple kind. Keeps your dry and smelling yummy.

I am wondering about the Dr. Hauschka deoderant. N E 1 try it?
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
HI Tosca, thanks for the info, it can't hurt to give the crystal a try (although I sweat a lot at work and wear a black uniform - good test for the crystal!)
Shirley M
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like a great place to test it out! Let us know what you think.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) glotherapeutics Gentle Enzyme Exfoliant (73 ml / 2.5 floz)