Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Just ordered Jane Iredale's loose powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I've been using BE loose powder since before christmas and have noticed that it tends to accentuate my pores and forehead wrinkles Sad So, based on the feedback from the ladies here, I thought I'd give the other a try. Can't wait to get the samples from Magda. Will let you know my opinion.

Can't wait, Can't wait. I love getting things in the mail ! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Fantasia,

What shade of JI powder that you ordered. I found BE loose powder #1 is still quite dark for my skin eventhough it will be perfect for Summer when I get some kind of a tan ( after a horrible burn) so I just put my BE away since I got it too last Christmas.

The SA at MAC told me I was an NC15 and at La Prairrie said I was an Ivory girl:DVery HappyVery Happy ( I visited them to be professionally advised of what shade of foundation is a perfect match for my skin).

I'm also still not very good at applying skin base, sometimes too much and sometimes too little. Do you think I need a lesson of how to put on makeup? Should I put on concealer before or after foundation? Many times after foundation and concealer, I put some blushes on my cheeks and find out that all my bemishes poking through my perfect based skin giggling at me again ( especially when I use cream blush )Sad:
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Twin Fish:

Well, I agree with your reply of the BE colors, even the lightest 1.2 is too dark for me but with the mineral veil overtop of it, it looked pretty good. I was using the mineral veil also under my eyes as a concealer and it worked fairly well.

I have found that any type of cream blush overtop of the mineral foundation doesn't work well with me, but I am a big fan of the BE glee. In fact, I love it! It really does give a nice glow to the face.

As for needing a lesson - sure, treat yourself to a demonstration. You deserve it.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
oh, I ordered the cool sand from JI. I hope it's the right color. If not, more shopping. I just wish we all could meet and shop together. That would be sooo fun.Smile
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:24 am      Reply with quote
arg, i was just told that i look tired Sad

i'm out of BE mineral powder and i haven't received my JI mineral powder yet so i'm using the classical covergirl coverup.

hurry, mr. mailman.....eeeeekkkk Mad
Mabsy

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by babyfish
Should I put on concealer before or after foundation? Many times after foundation and concealer, I put some blushes on my cheeks and find out that all my bemishes poking through my perfect based skin giggling at me again ( especially when I use cream blush )Sad:

Hey Babyfish Smile

I always put concealer over foundation but I have heard conflicting info - even the makeup artists can't agree on this! Sheesh!

I know what you mean about the cream blush. I find that blending cream/gel blush uncovers anything that I might have covered up with concealer. I generally put foundation on first, then blush (if it's a cream or gel), then concealer (and dab a touch of blush over it if it's going where the blush has been applied) then powder. If I'm using powder blush (BeneFit Dandelion at the moment - but I have the Bobbi Brown pink shimmer brick in the mail *grin*) then it goes: foundation, concealer, powder then blush.

Generally I only reach for my cream blush if my cheeks are looking nice and clear Smile

Mabsy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, Thanks too for the great info. I've wondered that many times myself and felt kinda lost when applying such a simple thing that turns out not to be so simple afterall Smile

and thanks Magda for the shipment. It was received in a few days just like you said it would and packaged very safely to the United States. I appreciated that.Smile
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, it's so nice to know there's always someone who knows thing that you think everybody else (BUT YOU) knows and you are so ...chicken to ask.

I remember who said "concealer should be applied first": the Make Up For Ever artists. I tried that method, but ended up having to reapply concealer.

Any hoo, I think yours is the best. And I agree with you cream blush only looks great on perfect skin. Well, I can wear it about once or twice a year then. Seriously, right after my period, some months I am blessed with perfect clear skin!
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Fantasia,

Can't wait for your review of JI Cool Sand Powder. Have you tried it on yet? :P:P:P
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you like it! Jane Iredale is wonderful! I also tried the Cool Sand, it was too pink for me.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
hi clin1202 Smile Welcome to the board.

I absolutely love JI cool sand, the "pink" tone is fabulous for me. As I was telling Babyfish, it goes excellent with BE glee. Even though I felt BE mineral foundation is too yellow for me , I love the mineral aspect of it. Yay, for JI. I highly recommend both products. Very Happy
FeralFeline

Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fantasia, I also used BE mineral makeup and it accented my pores so bad and made me so shiny. I looked horrible. I tried JI pressed powder, but that seemd to make my face look too matte, and masky looking. I like the idea of the natural mineral thing, but can't get good results. I was told that if you have combination skin you should only use the pressed powder that JI makes, does anyone know if that's true? and Fantasia since you are using the loose powder by JI is it accenting your pores like the BE did? thank's

FF
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Well, according to the JI application instructions, you can mix the minerals with your favorite moisture. Look on the home page of this website and bring up JI makeup and scroll down. You should see the application instructions then.

I do like BE glee and and mineral veil alot and will continue to use them.

Welcome to the forum. You will read alot of great and fascinating posts.

Fantasia Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |