Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Egyptian Magic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello...has anyone tried Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Cream? It is mentioned in my instyle and I have heard about it on the View. It is supposed to be a bunch of celebrities HR moistuizer. I saw it at whole foods and I tried it on my hands...it felt nice but I wanted to see if anyone has used it.

http://www.egyptianmagic.com/
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting... what did it smell like?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
it did not have a smell...the consistancy was like very rich butter. It soaked right into my hand but i'm wonding if it would be too much for the face.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
Hello...has anyone tried Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Cream? It is mentioned in my instyle and I have heard about it on the View. It is supposed to be a bunch of celebrities HR moistuizer. I saw it at whole foods and I tried it on my hands...it felt nice but I wanted to see if anyone has used it.

http://www.egyptianmagic.com/

Thank you so much for this post! I've known about this product for years but could never find it here in Canada until now. I remember my girlfriend who is a well known actress tell me about it when we were teenagers. She said that I could find it at the health food store but I had no such luck.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I found it at Whole foods in the skincare isle. I'm going today to buy it...I've picked it up a couple of times b/c the packaging is fun but the claims seemed a little far fetched. I'll let you all know how it works....I plan on using it as a night facial cream. That is until my zenbiotics comes in the mail.
havana8

Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I've also seen it at Capers.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
And?? How did it work for you Olivia?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Warning, I'm an archaeologist who has studied Ancient Egypt extensively--> very boring historical stuff below.

The ingredient list is rather plain...I think what "sells" it is the focus on the connection with Ancient Egypt, which isn't surprising considering our fascination with everything like that.

This doesn't mean that the product doesn't work though...Ancient Egyptians knew their stuff! They also used jojoba alot because they recognized the rewarding properties of it...this goes for alot of stuff we use today (just ask any Egyptologist!!!).

But what the advertising does it allow them to sell a rather plain mix of moisturizing ingredients for 30 bucks for 4 oz.

If you go to the website and read "about" it's hilarious. "Lord Pharoah Imhotep-Amon Ra" is the founder and manufacturer.

Pharaoh --Self explanatory

Imhotep-- Legendary builder of the the Step Pyramid of Pharaoh Djoser at Saqqara in Egypt and the name of the mummy in the famous movie "The Mummy"

Amon/Amun-Ra: Syncrenization of two dieties (Amun and Ra, the sun god) that rose to prominence during the New Kingdom in Egypt (New Kingdom Pharaohs include the famous Tut and Ramses)

So he pretty much pieced together some of the most famous names in Ancient Egypt...highly doubt he was born with such a name...haha. Especially considering his opening: Peace and Blessings unto You (aka..."assalaam alaikum," a greeting for Muslims but also a common "hello" in modern day Egypt.). He uses that crazy name to push his product.

I bet you anything that you could make something at home for a fraction of the price. Though like me, if you're not inclined to make your own, you'd just go ahead and buy it.

A word of warning...this stuff is full of honey, bee pollen, etc...so DO NOT USE IT if you are allergic to bees. Bad.

Assalaam alaiykum warahmatullah wabarakatu (super version of peace and blessings upon you!)

-Paris

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
You would think it could clog your pores or be problematic for people who suffer cystic acne. The ingrediants has wax, honey, and olive oil.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
it's available at caper's and i've tried it on my hand..i thought it's too rich/buttery and i'd only use it as hand/body cream
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I ran right out and bought this...I'm a sucker for any product that a celeb raves about.

The texture is like a very fine butter...it melts quickly in your hands and goes on like an oil. I get very dry skin in the winter (as soon as the heat comes on) and my trick has been to step up the night creams because heavy creams during they day to not combine well with my makeup. Anyway, I am acne prone and do get cystic acne on my chin from time to time so I'm always looking for something that will moisturize w/o clogging pores. I can not imagine wearing this stuff under any kind of makeup but it does feel nice. I would agree that it would be very easy to make for those that are DIY'ers. I'll report back later once i have used it a couple nights in a row. My skin reacts quickly if it dosent like something.

Oh...I paid $28 at whold foods.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Please let us know...I mean, if it's great on other parts of the body then that's fab!

I'm tellin' ya...the Egyptian civilization didn't last for thousands of years for nothin'! They were smart people (even if they didn't think the brain was important when it came down to it...haha...don't make me tell you what they did with the brain after someone passed away...Embarassed)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
lol I think they drained it through the nose. Neutral
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Not before they mixed it up a bit...so it'd come out better...eeeewwwwww. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
ha ha Very Happy

Oh well, I think you are right about the Egyptions knowing what is good if that lasted that long in dry hot conditions.

My father did tell me that Royal Jelly is very good for you and it does not hurt to consume pure Royal Jelly.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Update!
I bought this stuff a while ago but have been in the middle of trying zenbiotics/L'Occitane/Weleda so it sat on my nightstand and I've been using it as a hand/foot moisturizer at night (it really works without being too sticky). I went for a facial the other night and they used a pretty heavy duty scrub and then put on an "acne" cream which left my skin clear but very dry. Yesterday I noticed that my skin was peeling so when I got home last night I washed as usual and put this egyptian balm all over my face. My face was glowing this morning! I am very acne prone (and milia) and this stuff has not caused either (I usual react right away if its going to happen). I have used it all over my face a couple of times and it ha not broken me out but I would not suggest using it every day.

I have been using this on hands/feet/lips/eyes and its great. Not as heavy as you might think once it sinks in.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
yes i've seen it at capers as well..it's very thick in texture..similar to shea butter
can't remember if it has a smell to it..my hands r very dry throughout winter and i'll probably buy this after i finish my jurlique hand cream
mikan

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting. My friend just mentioned about it a few days ago. Haven't tried it yet. Is it thick?
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
It is very think...reminds me of vasaline (but hard) you put a little on your palm and warm it up so it turns into an oil (which is does quickly) then I pat it on my face. It does stay on top of your skin...i could never use it under makeup but it is a great balm for nightime/flying/winter etc. There is a slight honey smell but nothing too strong.
havana8

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
* bumping for seraphic *

Here's the ingredient listing:

Egyptian Magic
Ingredients: Olive Oil (Olea Europaea oil), Beeswax, Honey, Pollen, Royal Jelly and Propolis Extract

p.s. the texture reminds me of Decleor's Essential Balms except less fragrant
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
i've read a series of reviews for this, it seems that it does help in the scar, but definately not as huge a improvement as shown on the website. Slight scars, it does help, i grabbed a sample online but have yet to use it as my face is having lots of active acne now.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
It seems a rather rich concoction. Not sure if it's worth the risk for acne-prone people who have oily skin to use it.
seraphic
5% products discount

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
i heard alots of raves about this from my friends. She even order it to try. Heard it oily. So it not suitable to use it at day time on face? can imagine out in street with a oily glowing face??

From pictures and raves, its seem that its a magical cream that solve all skin problem. Only thing i hate are oily products. I shall wait for review when she receive it. ^^
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm intrigued by this product. I first saw it on a beauty bloggers blog and saw the before and after pics, and there was a significant difference to her skin.
I found it online in the UK for under £30 (?)shipped and I'm tempted to give it a go...however, anyone with hayfever use the Egytian Magic?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
i've tried this.. i think it's a very gd all-rounder cream.. i use it on my lips, dry wavy hair and face (but only at night).. if u've oily skin.. u might not want to use it too often.. or another trick will be to rub it with ur hands and just use the remainder on your face.. it really does it give a nice glow in the morning..
also, my little cousin with ezcema practically can't use anything except this.. it stops the itch rather quickly and soothe the skin.. might be due to the 'bee' ingredients inside..
as for scarring.. if it's a new scar.. it's very effective if apply daily.. i once get burn from hot oil on my hand... it helps to heal faster and the scar was practically gone after 2 months..
but for older scars.. u might need much longer time and more consistent use.. i'm really no good at that when it comes to consistency Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |