Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All!

I feel like it's been forever since I've actually written a review! But here I am, reviewing Dermalogica's Multivitamin Power Concentrate.

This product comes in little gel caplets that you have to break or cut open. The concentrate is white and little bit greasy, but it's not oily once you work it into the skin. I wasn't really sure how to work it into my skincare regime, but I end up using it when I need a "booster."

First of all, you can use about half a capsule everytime. I could easily use the whole thing, but there are only 45 in a jar so I don't want to use it too fast.

I've been using it on my skin to clear up little "leftovers" from acne. Dry skin, redness. If you have a sensitive spot (like a pimple that's just been squeezed or any similar open wound), the concentrate will "sting" a little bit as you put it on. I thought this was bad, but it's actually VERY effective in helping you renew your complexion. I put it on one night and by morning time, the dry skin area is "healed."

I don't notice much of a difference on the rest of my skin -- just well nourished and healthy (so it's not causing BAD reactions, knock on wood).

It contains vitamins A, C and E and helps reduce signs of premature aging and helps with skin elasticity. You can use your regular moisturizer over this (although I just use it as a moisturizer as is because my skin is naturally oily).

Overall a very nice product, but I use it primarily to "renew" my skin when there's a certain spot that needs extra vitamin treatment. I first started using this when EDS sent me a sample. It's great to try because it's always "fresh" (in that you have to break open the capsule to get to the product).

Lisa Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica MultiVitamin Power Concentrate (45 capsules)
Dermalogica MultiVitamin Power Concentrate (45 capsules)

Help reduce the signs of premature aging at their start with this daily dose of topically-applied, pure vitamins. Regular use can actually help your skin recover from previous sun and free radical damage, ensuring optimum health for years to come. For external use only.

Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks just bought them and using half is a great idea as 45 do not last long.
littleprakhem
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
May i ask, what is the color and the texture of the liquid inside the capsule?

I got a sample of this one (just one capsule). I was expecting it to be a gel texture, but it was kinda light white lotion. It didn't sting my face (but then again my skin is not quite sensitive). Some mentioned about the smell, but i didn't get that smell at all. I'm so curious about the sample i got now.

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
i also got this as a sample a while back, it did stung my face a little when i used it. if i remember correctly, the capsules cannot be reclosed once it's broken, for those that only use half the capsule, how do you keep the other half fresh??

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
dont like this product. it really smells so its very off-putting. futhermore, it is too oily on my skin and remains oily. AND its very $$$$$...hence would not re-purchase
gb00
5% products discount

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I really liked the packaging of this product and the fact that it came in individual capsules to retain its freshness. But I couldn't see any difference to my skin after using this.
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
i must admit i was captivated by the packaging....hehehehe Smile looks are everything
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone,

i'm researching some eye care topicals... fine wrinkles, tone, rejuvenating, etc. was interested in purchasing.

is anyone using this on a regular basis? has anyone notice long term effects?
TIA

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
I tried these a few years ago and didnt see enough positive effects for me that I didnt quite finish the full tin.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:24 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
I tried these a few years ago and didnt see enough positive effects for me that I didnt quite finish the full tin.

thanks pal. what are you using now? any recommendations?

i just received the dermalogica masks and protectant spray, and thought i should add an eye cream to the routine. i was a little hesitant since i haven't read many raves about this product. your feedback is appreciated!

(happy new year pal! Very Happy )

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
pal wrote:

thanks pal. what are you using now? any recommendations?

i just received the dermalogica masks and protectant spray, and thought i should add an eye cream to the routine. i was a little hesitant since i haven't read many raves about this product. your feedback is appreciated!

(happy new year pal! Very Happy )

Hey llina Happy New Year to you also!! Very Happy

I use Skinceuticals vitamin C E Ferlic serum daily and I absolutely love it. I believe for my skin although may not be a similar type product the skinceuticals gives far better results and antioxiant protection.
I hope what you have chosen works out well for you! Smile
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Tried Intensive moisture balance, extra firming booster and some chop stick...didn't do much good for me, but at least no damage either.

Karina
peachy3001
5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I was actually going to order this product.
But the price and that I do not know the %of vitamin C is stopping me.

Right now I sometimes use the Neostrata Vitamin C serum and it is 30 capsules and often on sale for $35 around here.

It lasts mea while as I seem to have a bit dry skin with it as it is kinda too strong for me (willnot try vitamin C higer than 10% anytime soon...)

The Neostrata product works well and has an orangish smell.

http://www.neostrata.ca/products/-category/radiance/vitamin-c-concentrate/48/

I saw the Body Shop has a similar item, and am kind of curious about it too...

I also just got a discounted bottle of their 20% vitamin C cream, and probably willnot rebuy.
I like the one in capsules that is less vitamin C better for me.

http://www.neostrata.ca/products/-category/radiance/skin-brightener/49/

I am not sure if you can get these in the US,as I think they are sold as Exuviance? there?

Does anyone know of any other vitamin C capsule products?
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I like the the feeling of it on my skin. It is not oily at all and my face feels so smooth, like powder on my face. Thinking of buying it.
Anyone using this for a long period of time?

Or anyone has alternative that has kind of texture on face?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |