Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Are networks trying to interfere with TIVO recordings?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Some shows program for the shows to go over by one minute or 2 and it interferes with me trying to TIVO them. well my DVR is Comcast and it cannot get all of a certain show AND another on another station if it goes over like that. Do you think that is their intention? Like WifeSwap tonight is on back to back and both go over by a minute or two and prevents me from recording on another channel b/c I can't always record on 2 dif channels. Am I just paranoid or does this happend to other DVRers?
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm finding the same thing.. I don't DVR 2 shows at the same time, or at least I haven't so far... But it happens when just DVRing one.. It's frustrating to say the least...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I have DVR, and I can record 2 shows at the same time, but if I want to watch at the same time, I have to watch one of the shows I am recording, or something already recorded. I know on my DVR there is a setting where you can have the recording start 2-3 minutes before and after the show...it was a default setting but is typically helpful Unless you are recording multiple shows at the same time And you have something starting, as a lot of shows seem to not end or begin at their proper times.

For example: At 730 you have shows A & B recording on different channels from 730-800. Both recordings are defaulted to start at 728 and end at 802. Show C is on at 8. You cannot record show C unless you change the settings so at least one of the previous recordings ends before show C officially starts. I hope that made sense. Anyway, to watch show C you can either click live onto show A or B as it is ending and end the recording by pressing Stop, then flip over to C and press record. Or if you know there is going to be a conflict beforhand, you should be able to change the defaults so that shows aren't beginning and ending early/late.

I don't know if that was helpful at all, and I know Tivo has some differences in it, but I figured I'd pipe in just in case!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
I have DVR, and I can record 2 shows at the same time, but if I want to watch at the same time, I have to watch one of the shows I am recording, or something already recorded. I know on my DVR there is a setting where you can have the recording start 2-3 minutes before and after the show...it was a default setting but is typically helpful Unless you are recording multiple shows at the same time And you have something starting, as a lot of shows seem to not end or begin at their proper times.

For example: At 730 you have shows A & B recording on different channels from 730-800. Both recordings are defaulted to start at 728 and end at 802. Show C is on at 8. You cannot record show C unless you change the settings so at least one of the previous recordings ends before show C officially starts. I hope that made sense. Anyway, to watch show C you can either click live onto show A or B as it is ending and end the recording by pressing Stop, then flip over to C and press record. Or if you know there is going to be a conflict beforhand, you should be able to change the defaults so that shows aren't beginning and ending early/late.

I don't know if that was helpful at all, and I know Tivo has some differences in it, but I figured I'd pipe in just in case!

I DO get that and that is what is frustrating. I will alway miss the end of a show b/cof this or not record the other. I don't sit down to watch my shows until 9:30-10:30 because I have a toddler and a teenager I have to get to bed first (teenager ALWAYS trying to stay up later so I can't be distracted with TV) so sometimes I want to record shows on dif networks. they do this I THINK to prevent you from recording competition? Stinks.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Wendy,
You might be right about the networks doing it intentionally! I guess I never thought of it that way, But I started thinking about it and it's always The Same Shows over and over again that seem throw me a wrench. It is annoying, but I never gave any thought to Why that was happening. I think you have an excellent conspiracy theory going!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Some shows program for the shows to go over by one minute or 2 and it interferes with me trying to TIVO them. well my DVR is Comcast and it cannot get all of a certain show AND another on another station if it goes over like that. Do you think that is their intention? Like WifeSwap tonight is on back to back and both go over by a minute or two and prevents me from recording on another channel b/c I can't always record on 2 dif channels. Am I just paranoid or does this happend to other DVRers?

I had Comcast (recently changed to Time Warner) and I'm noticing this more and more. I was SO mad that I lost the last minute of the season premier of Grey's Anatomy! It's soooooo wrong.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Strictly speaking, this is off topic: but similar - just thought I'd give everyone something else to steam about: there are moves afoot for a new generation of televisions to prevent people using the 'mute' button when the ads come on. Ah well, at least I'll get some exercise when I get up and leave the room...!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |