Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
RAVE for PSF Browtox
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Was skeptical about using this, and was afraid about smearing anything allover my "bumpy-prone" forehead but since I can't afford Botox thought I'd give it a whirl. At first I didn't think it was working and I was upset, but then I e-mailed and Darren was actually great enough to write me back himself..wow! And here, I wasn't doing it right!!! I was supposed to load up on it 2 times a day for the first month consistently, and I wasn't doing that..duh! I have learned my lesson about reading directions though and since I have been doing this regulary I've got to say I not only can "feel" something working but also am starting to see the lines above my brows looking less noticeable Very Happy . YAY!!!!!

So in closing, when used properly (i.e. READ directions) this is a product that actually does something and is not a bunch of hype. Also RAVE for PSF and their great customer service!

I am so glad I found this line!

~ Doodlebug
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Doodlebug, if you don't mind i'd like to ask how old you are. I'd like to buy this product for my mom. She is 55, and very sceptical about all skincare products. She uses some creams all the time, just in case, but she doesn't believe that anything would work.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Jumpingball,

Hi, do I have to say!lol! Just kidding.I'll be 42 next month. Wink

I try to take very good care of my skin and am always in search of the best "cream" and now I'm into the microderm crystals in an attempt to help brighten me up! Even now, at this stage of my life, I am still very Oily and can have some acne flare-ups..probably hormones, lol, so as far as wrinkles go I'm not too bad with the exception of those little frown lines that give away my age! And they have really gotten worse over the last year. I blame squinting because I never wear sunglasses, even when I'm driving. And I have two teenager daughters so, I think that explains it!

I think you're Mum would love this if she'd use it. Especially since you can "feel" it working. It's sorta like a strange "pressure", but not like a headache. At 55 she's probably got a bit drier skin I'm guessing? My goal is to just keep consistent and track my results. At this point though I think it will at least be a great prevenative thing! (Oh and I am going to get myself some shades too Cool !!!

HTH
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
Jumpingball,

Hi, do I have to say!lol! Just kidding.I'll be 42 next month. Wink

I try to take very good care of my skin and am always in search of the best "cream" and now I'm into the microderm crystals in an attempt to help brighten me up! Even now, at this stage of my life, I am still very Oily and can have some acne flare-ups..probably hormones, lol, so as far as wrinkles go I'm not too bad with the exception of those little frown lines that give away my age! And they have really gotten worse over the last year. I blame squinting because I never wear sunglasses, even when I'm driving. And I have two teenager daughters so, I think that explains it!

I think you're Mum would love this if she'd use it. Especially since you can "feel" it working. It's sorta like a strange "pressure", but not like a headache. At 55 she's probably got a bit drier skin I'm guessing? My goal is to just keep consistent and track my results. At this point though I think it will at least be a great prevenative thing! (Oh and I am going to get myself some shades too Cool !!!

HTH

I'm highly interested in Browtox from PSF. I tend to frown without a reason, or squint, and my forehead suffers for it. Can you describe how it makes you feel? Is it the same as Botox? I don't want Botox because my mom and sister try it, and said it felt weird. My sister said when she laughed it was not fun because only her lips would move but her eyes couldn't.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I bought some browtox.....not sure if it worked I havent used it more than a couple times I was kinda scared because it has curare in it, which is the stuff natives use in blowdarts to paralyze their prey! Shock Shock
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I bought some browtox.....not sure if it worked I havent used it more than a couple times I was kinda scared because it has curare in it, which is the stuff natives use in blowdarts to paralyze their prey! Shock Shock

But maybe that's why our forehead is paralyzed. I wonder if there's any side effect. I have not heard too much about Browtox, and would really love to hear more from regular users.
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug:
As i don't want to botox ,I'm highly interested in it .I'm 34,should i use it under my eyes ?Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have used browtox too and really loved it! then I changed to Cellular Skin Rx SuperMax Multi-Peptide Skin Solution Serum and while I do like that too I am thinking of going back to browtox...I actually REALLY liked the feeling I had when I used it (sort of numb but in a nice way) I think I am just too scared to stop using the cellular skin one as it has all the 'good' peptides.... Laughing
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
shenpei wrote:
doodlebug:
As i don't want to botox ,I'm highly interested in it .I'm 34,should i use it under my eyes ?Thanks!

OH wow, I don't know if it's safe to use under the eyes??? Confused But that is a great question. I wouldn't mind it if I could, to prevent those crows feet wrinkles that is. I would probably not do it without e-mailing PSF first though, just to be sure it's safe. Let me know if you find anything out!

FYI- as an update, I am still using this regulary (which is a MUST) and def. see an improvement. The numb sensation doesn't bother me anymore. It's sorta odd at first but at least you can "feel" it working. A def. plus. Wink
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
oops should have said I always used it under my eyes with no props! Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
shenpei wrote:
doodlebug:

OH wow, I don't know if it's safe to use under the eyes??? Confused But that is a great question. I wouldn't mind it if I could, to prevent those crows feet wrinkles that is. I would probably not do it without e-mailing PSF first though, just to be sure it's safe. Let me know if you find anything out!

FYI- as an update, I am still using this regulary (which is a MUST) and def. see an improvement. The numb sensation doesn't bother me anymore. It's sorta odd at first but at least you can "feel" it working. A def. plus. Wink

Is it safe to use this long-term? I heard some people experience sagging from using this.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Is it safe to use this long-term? I heard some people experience sagging from using this.[/quote]

I heard this a few times...I wonder if its just something one person said or it is true...I have been using argeline for over a year and I have started sagging but I think thats my age...oh god what if it isnt and its the argeline...yikes...I would love to know more about that..... Shock
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
Is it safe to use this long-term? I heard some people experience sagging from using this.

I heard this a few times...I wonder if its just something one person said or it is true...I have been using argeline for over a year and I have started sagging but I think thats my age...oh god what if it isnt and its the argeline...yikes...I would love to know more about that..... Shock[/quote]

Hi! I have heard of this too but can't say I am finding that to be the case. I have not experienced any sagging, however, I do know that the effects are only going to last as long as you use the product. (which is why it is rather addictive! Very Happy )

For example, I was loving my Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv firming eye cream and I started it in my early twenties and used it for YEARS I really felt that it "lifted" my eyes. When I quit using it and tried another product I was so upset because all of a sudden my eyes looks more saggy. That's when I realized I needed my Re-nutriv! The Re-Nutriv didn't cause the sagging, it only helped the sagging that was already there as I got older.

I think the results are only temporary but I do think that by paralyzing (sp) the muscles it is also preventative. But I think if you really want max results Botox is more the route. But remember, once it wears off, you may feel sagging again. Sad Outside of face lift, these are only temporary fixes. I am not one for surgery and so far I am pleased with my BT and have had no sagging or anything like that occur since I started using it. Botox is just not something I want to get into (too expensive and kinda extreme for me!)

I hope this helps!

~ H
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
hi guys i am 30 and have posted about having fine lines appearing at the corner of my eyes when i laugh and lines between my eyes (across the bridge of my nose). The lines on my nose are the most awful ones because when I apply make up and it wears away, the lines are horribly obvious.

I am thinking if i should try this out. But i have dry and sensitive skin and the contents look a bit heavy for me. Also concern about the HA Acid (my beautician told me to avoid acid-based stuff). Did anyone with sensitive skin try this and work? I am only afraid of reactions. Has anyone stopped using it and see your skin become saggy/wrinkles all return?

I saw Babor has similar stuff but costs waaay more.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |