Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin B12 Injections
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wondering if anyone else here has tried them?

I’ve had three shots now, each two weeks apart, and *think* I like them. From what I can find, there’s not really any proof that they do give you more energy and *maybe* make your skin look better (as some people claim), however I do feel like I’ve got a lot more energy a few hours after the shot and for a couple of days later. Don’t know if this is real or me just imagining so because I think I’m supposed to ??

Would really appreciate any input on this, as I can’t find much on the net?
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I have never heard of this before, sounds cool!
LoathingFoundation
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
i'm going to have to ask my doc about this... thanks for the info
natalie2
5% products discount

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been receiving B-12 shots on a monthly basis for over 5 years. I love it! I can really tell a difference if there's more than four weeks between injections. I don't ever plan on stopping them.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Heard they're great to cure a hangover too, lol

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
My mother in law gets these shots regularly too.

I do see a difference in her energy levels!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I thought your body can't keep B in it? It's like C? How does just a monthly injection help?
(Sorry if im being ignorant)
lulabelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
my old boss went to Dr. Bernsteins (sp?) "medical" weight loss clinic and they did b-12 injections into your fattiest areas and she swore up and down that they helped to "spot remove" her worst areas.

I noticed her losing a lot of weight at the time, but she was also doing the low carb/high protein - so I'm not sure how much was attributable to the injections.

how/where do you guys get these injections?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:24 am      Reply with quote
lulabelle wrote:
my old boss went to Dr. Bernsteins (sp?) "medical" weight loss clinic and they did b-12 injections into your fattiest areas and she swore up and down that they helped to "spot remove" her worst areas.

Yikes, I hadn't heard about B12 injections being used for weight loss. I really don't want to lose any weight!

I get the shots in the butt or arm but I imagine you could get them in the thigh or elsewhere, like other intramuscular injections.

Daisylondon - I was wondering the same thing. I think B12 is one of the water soluble vitamins (?) I've been having the shots every two weeks, but not sure I can "feel it" after a day or so. A shot before a night out does seem to help with the hang-over though Laughing

Natalie - do you get 1cc shots or 500 mcg? I've been having 500mcg.
lovelyme
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been getting the shot for a few years, and it does take 2 or 3 months to notice and results. Doc. gave them to me for being tired and run down. I use to get them with my estrogen shot, but I don't do the estrogen anymore because of heart and breast reasons.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
my sister did the Dr. Berstein's shots too. I am pretty sure it is B12 and B6 shots. She dropped some crazy weight, like 70lbs in 4 months or so! But it was REALLY expensive. She has since put it all back on after her pregnancy.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:
my sister did the Dr. Berstein's shots too. I am pretty sure it is B12 and B6 shots. She dropped some crazy weight, like 70lbs in 4 months or so! But it was REALLY expensive. She has since put it all back on after her pregnancy.

I'm not familiar with this Dr Bernstein weight loss thing, but the actual B12 shots are dirt cheap. I buy a 10cc vial from the drugstore for less than US$4. As I have 500 mcg each time, that means I get 20 shots from that. You can inject yourself if you want to, but I take it to a small local doc's surgery and the nurse does it for me for less than US$4 - which means the total cost to me is around US$4.20 per shot. I imagine your sis was getting extra services apart from B12 - at least I hope so!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |