Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help...bumps under my eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happy_go_lucky

Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, for the last couple of years i've noticed tiny bumps in my undereye area. They really suck because when i try to put concealer on dark circles the bumps make it look REALLY bad! I also have mild acne..i don't know if that has anything to do with it. Help would be appreciated! thanks!
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe your concealer is causing the bumps (milia?) so you could try using a different one. I found ysl touch eclat caused bumps so had to change, which was a shame as I loved the effect of that concealer. Im using bourjois one at the moment which is fine for bumps, but not as good for coverage so will try something else next time.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:30 am      Reply with quote
From what I read, millia is caused by eye creams that are too rich for your skin type. Have you changed to a different eye cream lately? If not then has the season changed from say winter to summer (which is when your moisturiser might end up being too rich for you)?

Just a thought.

Mabsy
niccollee
5% products discount

Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
YONKA PHYTO CONTOUR EYE AND LIP CREAM!! IT WORKS!Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Mabsy is right - you probably got milia from an eye cream that was too rich for your skin - same thing that caused mine. I searched all over the internet and was told over and over that once they are there, the only way to remove them is with a laser - otherwise, they are permanent. Of course, you can prevent new ones from forming by switching eye creams but, according to the "experts" you're just going to have to live with the ones you've already got unless you want to undergo laser treatment - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MadMad
I purchased some Yonka Phyto Contour Eye and Lip Cream - not for milia but for puffiness and circles. But the funniest thing happened and at first, I thought I was imagining it! It took a while (2 wks. to a month) but all of the sudden, the milia were much smaller! And they kept getting smaller and smaller and eventually the majority completely disappeared!! The few I still have are so small you can't even see them without a mirror 2 inches from my face! I put the Yonka on the area where they used to form before I do anything else to my face in the morning after my shower. As for eye cream, I use a less rich one than those I had used before and use it sparingly in that area - just enough to help with the application of concealor. It seems to be enough though because with the combination of the Yonka, my PTR Power K Eye Rescue (by the way Mabsy, I read an article last night that gave away the secret of why that works so well for dark circles), and the eye cream, my eyes have never looked better! I do still use a very rich cream for other areas around my eyes (like the crows feet, etc.) but those areas never developed milia. Mine began right in the corner of my eye (under eye) and extended out and down kind of following the line of my undereye circles (that is my EX-undereye circles thanks to PTR). I use the Yonka religiously every morning and I'm careful to make sure it is completely absorbed before I put anything else on.
IT REALLY WORKS! It may take a while before you see a difference - but be patient. My mom had milia for years and years (large and noticeable from 10 feet away) and she started using it and, about a month or a month and a half later, hers have shrunk by 50% and continue to shrink!
Plus - it feels SO good to put on your eyes in the morning b/c it has a menthol aroma that really wakes you up - and it also helps with puffiness. It is one of my favorite finds EVER! And you can get it right here on EDS!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
roopdh
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
here's a question more than anything else? I have these little bumps but I stopped using everythign underneath my eyes.

As bad as it sound, no creams, not even gel ones, no concealers, no foundation. I cleanse around my eyes (and infrequently use a little cleanser there) and let my natural oils do their job. My eyes are fairly normal as far as skin type goes.

But I have these bumps regardless. What am I doing wrong? And maybe what should I use?
Mabsy

Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Roopdh - you could try an exfoliating eye cream. MD Formulations make one - I've read good things about it and getting rid of millia.

Niccollee - do tell! What did they say? Is it the vitamin K or a combination of things?

Mabsy
roopdh
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
)But i can't figure which one it is by MD?

Also are there any others that you recommend that may do the same job.

I too have dark circled underneath my eyes, but the PTR cream is way tooooo expensive for my budget (at least right till i save my pennies up Very Happy cause now I feel must have it).

Is there a cheper alternative that will lighten underyeye circles or nah, you do get what you pay for in this case?
niccollee
5% products discount

Wed May 05, 2004 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
The Yonka is DEFINITELY what got rid of the milia. I know because I was using this and seeing results (i.e., shrinking milia) long before I ever used the PTR Power K. It takes a while to work - you HAVE to be patient. And what is even more scary is that the bumps might actually get a little larger before they start to shrink. Who knows why. This happened to my Mom - and she almost quit using it - but I encouraged her to keep trying and now hers are shrinking quickly.

You MUST use it every morning at least (at night too if you can) and really rub it in there (where the milia are) - I mean rub it in to the extent you can without stretching your skin or anything. But make sure it gets all absorbed. And I try not to put anything else over it before I put on my makeup. If I do put my regular eye cream on that area, I put it on VERY lightly - even though I don't think the cream I use now was the cause of the milia.

Try the Yonka! I think it is about $34 but you only need a little. One tube lasted me 5 months and I probably was using way too much when I first got it. If you want, it also helps with puffiness both under the eye and on the eyelid. You can also use it on your lips although I'm not sure what it is supposed to do there and have never really noticed anything so I've quit doing that.

TRY IT - I bet it will work! Just give it a chance! Be patient!
Nicole
Mabsy

Thu May 06, 2004 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Roopdh,

Sorry, the MDF product I'm talking about it the Vit-A-Min Eye Cream. I haven't tried the YonKa eye cream, or the Phytomer one, but I have tried a whole lot of other creams that were meant to rid me of my dark circles. I tried cheap stuff all the way up to La Prairie Caviar Complex.

I think in the end different creams will work for different people because of different skin types and different underlying causes. If you'd like to know (most of) the ones I've tried then have a look at http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=764 (I think it's the 4th post down in that topic). Summertimegirl's recommendation for the Phytomer Eye Cream is in that topic as well (I'm pretty sure it has it's own "review" topic that you might be interested in reading as well).

HTH
Mabsy
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
niccollee wrote:
YONKA PHYTO CONTOUR EYE AND LIP CREAM!! IT WORKS!Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Mabsy is right - you probably got milia from an eye cream that was too rich for your skin - same thing that caused mine. I searched all over the internet and was told over and over that once they are there, the only way to remove them is with a laser - otherwise, they are permanent. Of course, you can prevent new ones from forming by switching eye creams but, according to the "experts" you're just going to have to live with the ones you've already got unless you want to undergo laser treatment - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MadMad
I purchased some Yonka Phyto Contour Eye and Lip Cream - not for milia but for puffiness and circles. But the funniest thing happened and at first, I thought I was imagining it! It took a while (2 wks. to a month) but all of the sudden, the milia were much smaller! And they kept getting smaller and smaller and eventually the majority completely disappeared!! The few I still have are so small you can't even see them without a mirror 2 inches from my face! I put the Yonka on the area where they used to form before I do anything else to my face in the morning after my shower. As for eye cream, I use a less rich one than those I had used before and use it sparingly in that area - just enough to help with the application of concealor. It seems to be enough though because with the combination of the Yonka, my PTR Power K Eye Rescue (by the way Mabsy, I read an article last night that gave away the secret of why that works so well for dark circles), and the eye cream, my eyes have never looked better! I do still use a very rich cream for other areas around my eyes (like the crows feet, etc.) but those areas never developed milia. Mine began right in the corner of my eye (under eye) and extended out and down kind of following the line of my undereye circles (that is my EX-undereye circles thanks to PTR). I use the Yonka religiously every morning and I'm careful to make sure it is completely absorbed before I put anything else on.
IT REALLY WORKS! It may take a while before you see a difference - but be patient. My mom had milia for years and years (large and noticeable from 10 feet away) and she started using it and, about a month or a month and a half later, hers have shrunk by 50% and continue to shrink!
Plus - it feels SO good to put on your eyes in the morning b/c it has a menthol aroma that really wakes you up - and it also helps with puffiness. It is one of my favorite finds EVER! And you can get it right here on EDS!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

can you tell me where you purchased this Yonka?
sally72
5% products discount

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:13 am      Reply with quote
I say go to a dermatologist. It sounds like a skin disease. Are the bumps white but can't be popped? If so do not touch them or try to pop them. Go to a cosmetician and she will remove them professionally for you.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Please tell us which of the contour Yonka creams you have, I think there are three different ones that all say contour cream. One is hazelnut,another is phyto contour,another is phyto fruit. If this works I want to make sure I am getting the right thing.
Thanks,
Toby
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |