Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candessence "What Scar?" ointment - RAVE!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
After a fairly recent surgery, I was once again in the market for some sort of scar-fading treatment. I've tried Mederma in the past, and while it seemed to be okay for less nasty scars, it never (at least for me) seemed to deliver on more heavy-duty stuff like surgical scars, which remained stubbornly "pink" even after quite some time.

So, as luck would have it, Candy started offering her own scar ointment, and I decided to give it a whirl. SO glad I did, because after 6 weeks of daily use (2-3 times a day), my scars are well on their way to fading completely! At this point, they have gone from an angry red to a light pink, and they keep fading with each passing week. As anyone who uses Candy's products knows, they are chock full of pure and effective ingredients...none of the fillers you see in other (more pricey) products. So, a little of this stuff goes a long way! http://www.candessence.com/Body.html

So, if anyone has scars (new or old) that they would like to fade, I highly recommend this product!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Strange, I just PMed Candy asking her whether her scar cream is suitable for old burn scars.

My daughter got burnt when she was very young and has an unsightly scar on her collar bone area.

Glad to hear it worked for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Hmm can this be used on facial spot scars too??? (pretty please say YES Wink )

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
Hmm can this be used on facial spot scars too??? (pretty please say YES Wink )

Thats where I'm using it now. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mary H.
Would this product be good for ance scarring. I cant fade a few spots on my chin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
MarciaNZ wrote:
Hi Mary H.
Would this product be good for ance scarring. I cant fade a few spots on my chin

Hi Marcia!

I think that if it's working on my surgical scars, there's no reason it wouldn't help acne scars as well! In fact, Candy is using it on her face right now to fade some spots of her own. But if you've got any questions at all about this product, I'd definitely PM Candy and ask her anything. She's the best when it comes to customer service! Very Happy

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
i've got eczema scars so maybe i'll try this and see if it works..i've tried vit e oil & cream and that didn't quite work
yet my scar is over a year old so maybe i waited too long..??
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Is it good for dscoloration only...or can also wok on depressed scar from acne?....anyone knows?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
Is it good for dscoloration only...or can also wok on depressed scar from acne?....anyone knows?

This is to assist in repairing scarring, old and new. Not for discoloration. Though, I just put the 'hopefully' final touches on my lightening serum tonight, more testing & hopefully released by the end of October. (** For those who read on my site the end of September, I'm sorry - tweaking took longer than I thought. )

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
oops! i was on a short holiday when these posts appeared.... just want to add a huge rave for the scar cream. at the very least, *nothing* feels as good or soothes as much on an owie itchy newly healing scar as this. i have a two month old eight inch surgical scar and nothing makes it happier than this. the incision is looking a lot better as well, though i am using healing sheets on this as well as prescribed by my rehab guy. (they actually drive me mad with itching, but i'm trying to be a good patient here. the second i pull it off, i rub in some of the Candessence scar cream Wink and it feels oh so much better!)

for those looking to heal scars on the face that are acne prone, though, i don't know if i'd recommend it. i can't speak from experience as although i have enough scars, i'd be loathe to put this on my break-out prone face. perhaps i'm just paranoid, but i'd rather wait and get her lightening serum which is expressly for the face....

but still, i highly highly recommend this for new scars! when i get more, i will start trying it on old ones as it seems that it would work nicely. (right now everything is being used to treat my elbow, one of the most difficult scars of all to treat.)
leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have a scar on my chest. Would like to try this as well. Going to check out the site.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Ok since I already love love love her dmae serum and no more stinky toes (baby soft feet here), how'd I miss this one, I had surgery in June and although its a bikini cut (cut low enough to hide) I'd like to not have to hide anything Laughing !!!
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the travel size to see if it will work. I have a surgical scar on my stomach from a car accident 14 years ago. It looks like a centipide on my stomach! would love for it to go away.

will keep you posted once it arrives.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
How soon can this be used???? I am having my breast implants replaced in a couple of weeks, and I don't want a visible scar!!!!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
How soon can this be used???? I am having my breast implants replaced in a couple of weeks, and I don't want a visible scar!!!!

Hi Chrissie!

You can use this product as long as the wound is completely closed and your doctor is okay with you using topicals. Massage it in at least twice a day...more if you're able.

Hope this helps!
Mary Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used this on old surgical scars and had any success? If so what kind? fading of the colour? smoother? totally disappearing? Also my friend of asian origin has a scar, has anyone of asian origin used this and had any results?

thanks!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:

Mary answered the first question. as to your comment, i recommend using something like http://www.medicalz.com/scar-management-medipatch.htm this for 12 hours a day, and then use the Candessence scar treatment twice a day (the other 12) for optimum invisibility.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
La vien en rose
Have u used this patch before? How old was the scar?

sorry I dont know how to 'quote' the previous message!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:
La vien en rose

i'm currently using it on a scar that is 2 1/2 months old. however, before i started using it my rehab guy showed me the difference on another patient -- one scar was used, one not. *huge* difference! i won't say invisible, but you really had to look -- and this was on the inner arm where it really stands out. another fellow had used it on his hand, and i had to really look hard to find it.... my scar is about 8 inches long and in a very difficult place -- the outer arm. i don't really care about total invisibility, i just want it to heal the best it can. i sleep with the gel and use Candessence scar ointment during the day and it's healing just fine. (if only it would remove my newly sprouted fur from the lower arm below my elbow!) anyways the the gel/patch was recommended at a top hospital here in paris even though it's an american product. trust me, if there was anything better here, they would have recommended it. it's a bit uncomfortable (itchy to me, but i have trouble with bandaids), but that is what makes Candy's scar ointment such a joy to use during the day. it moisturises the scar and soothes it. it feels like heaven!

ETA: i just realised *you* wanted to know about old scars. sorry, have been too stingy with my current stash to try it on old ones.... next batch i get, i will!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
canadagal wrote:
La vien en rose

i'm currently using it on a scar that is 2 1/2 months old. however, before i started using it my rehab guy showed me the difference on another patient -- one scar was used, one not. *huge* difference! i won't say invisible, but you really had to look -- and this was on the inner arm where it really stands out. another fellow had used it on his hand, and i had to really look hard to find it.... my scar is about 8 inches long and in a very difficult place -- the outer arm. i don't really care about total invisibility, i just want it to heal the best it can. i sleep with the gel and use Candessence scar ointment during the day and it's healing just fine. (if only it would remove my newly sprouted fur from the lower arm below my elbow!) anyways the the gel/patch was recommended at a top hospital here in paris even though it's an american product. trust me, if there was anything better here, they would have recommended it. it's a bit uncomfortable (itchy to me, but i have trouble with bandaids), but that is what makes Candy's scar ointment such a joy to use during the day. it moisturises the scar and soothes it. it feels like heaven!

ETA: i just realised *you* wanted to know about old scars. sorry, have been too stingy with my current stash to try it on old ones.... next batch i get, i will!

any idea how much this stuff cost???
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
any idea how much this stuff cost???

i paid forty euro for a sheet that i've been cutting out long strips from. each strip lasts about two weeks.... as for the custom breast ones, i've no idea. sorry. i'd ring them up or send them an email.
coocoo
5% products discount

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, I couldn't find the scar item on that website. Would it work for big pores holes...on my nose? Sad
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:39 am      Reply with quote
coocoo wrote:
Hi there, I couldn't find the scar item on that website. Would it work for big pores holes...on my nose? Sad

Hi coocoo!

I shouldn't think it works on large pores, but I don't know. It's for scar healing, I think you need something to "tighten" your pores and even your complexion. I've got a tube of the scar ointment and use it on my hands for cuts and such like. It's moisturizeing and smells of herbs. It's very comforting.

After the site was redone Candy took off some of her products, but I'm pretty sure she's got some scar ointment on hand or will wip some up for you if you ask her to.

I suggest you PM Candy8865 and ask her about her vitamin c-serums for your pores and overall complexion boost.

HTH wave

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I can't find this scar treatment on her webite.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum wrote:
I can't find this scar treatment on her webite.

Hi Mardy Bum... write to Candy who's the owner of Candessence and ask her about it - just coz it aint on the site doesn't mean she doesn't have any or won't make any..

oh...interesting screen name...LOL

HTH wave

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |