Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pics! Skin remodeling w/CPs, emu oil and acids! My journey!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to give some feedback to anyone who is currently using CPs/acids or considering them for skin remodeling. About a month or two back, I decided to really hit the skin care with a vengeance and mind you, I've been taking care of myself ever since I can remember but not necessarily with the best products.

Fast forward, I discovered Dr. Pickart and copper peptides and the journey began. I started out slowly and am currently up to 6 drops CP Serum/2 drops water mixed each night along w/Night Eyes Premier, TriReduction on neck and BND Cream on decollétage. I use Exfol under my eyes and around my lips, LacSal on my neck and decollétage, and 5% BHA 2x each day for exfoliation. I add Mandelic Acid in the AM, as well and do a 35% fruit acid peel every 1-2 weeks. I also use a microfiber cloth, Clarisonic brush, PSF Pumpkin mask and microdermabrasion cream.

I have a rather involved regime but it doesn't take me long and boy, oh, boy, has my skin improved and so have a myriad of issues I wanted to address (uneven texture, scarring, mole removal, control the VERY oily-nature of my skin, thicker lashes and especially eyebrows and lastly, broken caps - these I'm still working on with my BabyQ but need to be more diligent).

I have been seeing what is called "remodeling" where you see the skin changing, which indicates that collegen is being produced and new skin is forming. One of the signs of this is that scars look "wider" or old scars suddenly resurface. They do go away and new skin is pushed upward and this is a good sign of things improving. Well, I decided to add a bit of abrasion to the mix, which in my case was to gently rub a soft toothbrush after I applied my BHA 5% to "work" the product further into the skin as well as abrade the skin, which kicks things up a notch. Well, it started working almost immediately!

In fact, I think this also helped kick my exfoliation into gear from my last 35% fruit acid peel! My skin was "sheeting" last night and the new skin was nice and pink!!! Yay! Now, for the scars, the one mole (you can see it in the before and breakdown pics and it's almost GONE). In fact, it's pink, too and I cannot even feel it anymore. I know where it was, naturally, and can see the faintest outline but for me, that is killer cool as it was so annoying before! I'm sold on acids and CPs for remodeling! On my cheeks, where the bulk of the orange peel and ice pick scars are, they are actually remodeling almost before my eyes! In fact, I currently notice:

-A little deeper line where crow's feet are (normally, I have just the tiniest line here)
-Scars appearing "wider"
-My neck lines are more noticeable (I've been treating them w/LacSal or Exfol and TriReduction)

I have also added the Zenbiotics products into my AM routine and this is my big time HOLY GRAIL for oil control!!! Here is an updated pic after this morning's routine (no makeup except touched up brows and curled lashes):

Here's a breakdown of some of my targeted areas. Notice how great the brows are looking and my lashes are out of control (thanks, Jan Marini). You can see the new skin and compare to the more "golden" color of skin still around my eye area! I am VERY pleased with my progress so far!:

Before dated August 25, 2006. The color's a little off but I was more "golden". You can see how much my brows, lashes, skin tone and texture have improved in just ONE month!!!:

TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

Notice how great the brows are looking and my lashes are out of control (thanks, Jan Marini).

I hope you don't mind me asking this since you probably posted it elsewhere. But what are you doing for your eyebrows? They look fantastic (actually all your results are pretty amazing). Are you brown naturally thin or thin from over tweezing? I have areas on my brows that are overtweezed and am wondering if what has been working for you would work for me!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Theresa, no problem at all. I actually do not think it was due to overtweezing but getting older and so, thinner. This should be good news for you, though, as I think it was harder in my case.

I tried Rogaine, which worked okay (used men's full version) but when I started CPs, I also got Folligen and switched to that for my brows and have been doing so for about a month. I use it every night and apply it at the same time as all my other CP stuff. I put emu oil/HA over everything after they are absorbed.

About 4 days ago, I tinted my lashes blue/black and also my brows brown. I recommend using a mascara wand (clean, of course) for applying the tint to both your lashes and your brows. It will really help keep the tint where you want it. For some reason, I forgot this and used the plastic thing on my brows and it went a little awry. Fortunately, it rectified in a few days. I have fairly light brows but the brown works fine for a tint and you do not have to leave it on very long, either.

I also use the Anatasia brow kit in brunette - have the large kit w/everything and purchased the scissors (great) but I really only use the lighter color to do a slight fill in.

Hope that helps!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Folligen is CPs right? If I don't use CPs now do you think that the Folligen would be too strong to start out with? Also, if I apply the folligen in the evening when would I apply it? I currently wash my face, apply Differin-wait 15 min. then apply moisturizer.

I have been somewhat reluctant to try CPs because being the cautious person that I am I feel that I have to really reserach things beforehand (especially powerful actives like CPs). But the results you have been getting have inspired me to really start doing some resarch!

Fortunatly my brows are very dark and do not need tinting. My natural hair color is dark brown and even though I color it black my eyebrows don't need to be colored. Are you really impressed with the Anatasia brow kit? I have heard a lot of good things about it but usually have trouble matching brow powders, etc. to my brow color. I am sort of waiting until I can see the kit in person to see if the colors would work well for me.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Folligen is a CP lotion formula for hair regrowth: http://www.skinbiology.ca/products.aspx?id=hc

I use the lotion right on my eyebrows and think you could start w/no problems as I did but I only apply it on my brows. You may feel a slight tingling sensation so just keep an eye on how your skin reacts. Since you are not using emu oil, you won't be pushing the Folligen in any more or "intensifying" the effects like I do.

I would apply it after the Differen wait before your moisturizer. It normally takes a minute or so to fully absorb.

Re: the Anastasia kit, yes, I am highly impressed. You can see it and the brow shades at Sephora, if there is one near you. The price is $75 for the kit but worth it. I think brunette would work perfectly for you as you've described.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
You look great!!! Thanks for sharing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Wow. You look great! I really like your use of "mapping"! Laughing I might be PMing you in the next couple of days for some advice if thats ok with you.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Wow. You look great! I really like your use of "mapping"! Laughing I might be PMing you in the next couple of days for some advice if thats ok with you.

No worries at all! Ask away. Laughing I've done a lot of research, let me tell you! If you do PM, I might reply by email as it's easier than using the mailbox on the forum and I imagine the conversation might be quite involved.

Figured the mapping would be helpful in pointing out "my" issues because no one else generally knows what you mean!

FYI, I am 40 years old so consider all this work a sort of fountain of youth, if you know what I mean!

Thanks, all, for the feedback. Very Happy
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
vonstella wrote:

No worries at all! Ask away. Laughing I've done a lot of research, let me tell you! If you do PM, I might reply by email as it's easier than using the mailbox on the forum and I imagine the conversation might be quite involved.

Figured the mapping would be helpful in pointing out "my" issues because no one else generally knows what you mean!

FYI, I am 40 years old so consider all this work a sort of fountain of youth, if you know what I mean!

Thanks, all, for the feedback. Very Happy

Great! I'll PM you this weekend with my email addy and questions. TIA!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'll keep an eye out for it, Vonstella! Later!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
That is so incredible,and I can't tell you how much you have inspired me.I am going to do the toothbrush thing.So,you think the Folligen works better than the Rogaine? Your lashes and brows,well,everyting looks soooooo good.
Thank you so much for sharing and the pics are really excellent.
Thanks again for being so open and honest.
Linda Very Happy
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for you post. You've done a great job. Smile I love it when people give such good detail, and even better, POST PICS, so we can see what you're talking about! Good job. I love before and afters.
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
You've done a great job! and have definitely found your youth fountain! I thought you are in your late 20s!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, everyone! I know it's so helpful when someone has success that I had to share! I imagine that in a few months, I will have even better results to post. Smile

I am very happy with the Folligen and since I already use CPs, it makes it easier to apply along w/the others at the same time. I feel that I have gotten super results with it, as well, so feel comfortable recommending it.

As for the toothbrush thing, what a great trick I've found it to be. If anyone is interested in my skin care routine, let me know. It is quite involved but I believe in everything I'm using. Oh! I am also following the Perricone supplement prescription, which equates to A LOT of tablets but I am seeing very fast results so think that this is giving me a fantastic foundation!
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have been considering using CPs for awhile, your results are inspiring! I am definitely interested in your skincare routine.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

I tried Rogaine, which worked okay (used men's full version)

Aiee, please don't do this ladies. It's for men because it can grow facial hair (like... beards) and may cause health issues. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Aiee, please don't do this ladies. It's for men because it can grow facial hair (like... beards) and may cause health issues. Sad

Well, that's good information to know. I saw another thread recently and no one was able to determine the difference or supposed side effects. If you are aware of the details, you should post them or links to this information as 1) it will certainly be of interest and 2) someone else will surely ask for it!

I'm happy to say that I never had a problem using it, certainly no facial hair, but that could be because I didn't use it for very long. I believe that another forum member uses this; there is a rather long thread discussing it for eyebrow growth. However, I am very happy with the Folligen. Surprised
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
kalegr wrote:
I have been considering using CPs for awhile, your results are inspiring! I am definitely interested in your skincare routine.

For kalegr and others who may be interested, here is my current routine. Yes, it's involved but I've noted comments to help clarify:

This doesn't take as long as you might think. The only real time length is for the 30 minutes after applying my acids. I've added times to give you an idea of how long it all takes. I won't give up what BHA/Mandelic has done for my pores so choose to continue "sacrificing" the time as it solves so much for me. I make breakfast (usually a health shake, pop my supps, brush teeth, get dressed during that time) so it's not wasted.

AM
· Cleanse with Zenbiotics cleanser, exfol with microfiber cloth, rinse (0 minutes - do in shower)
· (occasional) Spot treat scars w/TCA 20% applied w/cottoned toothpick then neutralize w/baking soda/H2O and rinse (3-5 minutes)
· Zenbiotics Oxy Toner (skin prep) sprayed on face (1 minute)
· BHA 2% all over then 5% on problem areas (nose/forehead) - rub this in gently with a soft toothbrush to scarred and blackhead-prone problem areas (2 minutes)
· Exfol serum around eyes, lips; LacSal lotion on neck, décolletage and hands (1 minute)
· Mandelic acid all over (about 10 drops) - WAIT 30 minutes (1 minute)
· PSF Browtox on forehead and in between brows (using 2x day for first month and see results already in muscle relaxation)
· PSF DMAE Toner on face/neck then pat in (wonderful, actually chiseling cheekbones)
· PSF Cranberry Phyto-Lift eye gel followed up by PSF Stimucol-C under eyes (both fabulous!!!) (2 minutes for above 3 steps)
· Zenbiotics Phyto Moisturizer sprayed on face (recently added these products and really, really impressed)
· Zenbiotics Cell Renewal Serum - 1 drop lightly all over while face is damp (additional cell turnover) (1 minute for above 2 steps)
· ISC Super serum (face, neck, chest and hands - for antioxidant and sun protection, this is a Vit. C serum) (1 minute & 5 minute wait)
· Zenbiotics Oxygen (soothe and detox) sprayed on face/neck (this balances my still semi-oily skin - a HG for me!)
· SPF 30 Shiseido, if sunny and going to be out a lot - otherwise, I rely on antioxidants (Super serum), which is most of the time so this step is normally skipped

17 minutes + 30 minute wait after BHA/Mandelic

PM
· Cleanse w/Devita Aloe cleanser to remove makeup (use Clarisonic brush - manual exfoliation) (3 minutes)
· Jan Marini eyelash treatment (0 minute)
· BHA 5% all over - rub this in gently with a soft toothbrush to scarred and blackhead-prone problem areas (2 minutes)
· Exfol serum around eyes, lips; LacSal lotion on neck, décolletage and hands - WAIT 30 minutes (1 minute)
· CP Serum (6 drops CP/2 drops water) to face (working up to full application) (1 minute)
· Night Eyes Premier around eyes (no problems w/this as others have reported w/other CPs)
· TriReduction on neck/BND on décolletage/Folligen to brows (seeing remodeling w/all CPs - very happy - applying all of my CPs takes me about 1.5 minutes; let absorb)
· Ultra Emu oil w/HA lightly applied to face and neck (this is fab for healing and preventing breakouts; another HG) (1 minute)
· Spot treat scars w/SuperCop 2x (used in conjunction w/TCA acid to remove scars/moles) (1 minute)
· Katee's Eye potion or Cellcosmet eye cream (for eye moisturization; not in love w/either at this point so still up in the air right now)
· Castor oil to lashes then blot excess (part of my lash growth routine; fantastic) (1 minute)

12 minutes + 30 minute wait after BHA/Exfol

Every 1-2 weeks, 35% DY fruit acid peel with PSF Oxygen toner to help with irritation sprayed 2x/day after peel (I love this peel; excellent results).
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - I have just ordered samples of fruit acid peel, CPs and Mandelic acid
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Thanks for the great post, Scalawaggirl! Your skin is looking great! I may have to try parts of your routine.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
kalegr wrote:
Thanks - I have just ordered samples of fruit acid peel, CPs and Mandelic acid

If you have questions, please feel free to ask. I will try to help as much as I can w/the knowledge I have.

Re: the fruit acid peel, it is mighty strong so take care and only use for 1 minute or 30 seconds the first time, if you are venturing into the peel world. I would also recommend for sure getting the emu oil or using jojoba for healing. It is imperative after peeling and especially, if you end up with irritation.

Tosca, thanks. Let me know, if you need anything clarified.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Harmonster wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Well, that's good information to know. I saw another thread recently and no one was able to determine the difference or supposed side effects. If you are aware of the details, you should post them or links to this information as 1) it will certainly be of interest and 2) someone else will surely ask for it!

I'm happy to say that I never had a problem using it, certainly no facial hair, but that could be because I didn't use it for very long. I believe that another forum member uses this; there is a rather long thread discussing it for eyebrow growth. However, I am very happy with the Folligen. Surprised

"Treatment must be continued indefinitely. If minoxidil is discontinued, any hair that has been maintained or regrown as a result of the medication will be lost.... Side effects — Minoxidil causes few side effects. Occasionally, the skin may become irritated. Systemic side effects are possible if minoxidil is absorbed through cracks or cuts in the scalp. Patients with a history of heart disease, in particular, should watch for systemic side effects such as an increased heart rate, edema or swelling (for example in the hands or feet), or weight gain. Four percent of women treated with 5 percent minoxidil develop increased facial hair." fromwww.uptodate.com

A few other sites offered warnings of possible side effects to pregnant or nursing women. A lot of them had a major problem if you take Minoxidil orally, but I really don't think that's a problem for anyone here.

Not as scary sounding as I thought, but there ya go. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster, thanks for following up! It seems that may be why the other forum member has had success using Rogaine with no reported side effects...she must be in the 96%! Smile

I'm getting such good results with Folligen, that I am keeping it on my list of must-use products. Laughing
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
wow!...you really have taken the bull by the horns! hats off to you.

I wish i can be as dedicated as you...I dream to get rid of my acne scars one day....but I cant stand so much layering Sad .... what would you suggest if I could use only one active?...cp serum?.....

once again...WOW
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Ummmmmmmm, what are "CPs?"
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |