Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
ABSOLUTE RAVE for Purity Cosmetics Seafoam Cleanser!!!!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
OH MY GOD!!!! Please!!! Buy this cleanser if you have combination skin, oily skin or acne prone skin, it's amazing!!! It is the ultimate pick me up/wake me up cleanser! No doubt because of the peppermint/eucalyptus oils, my skin tingles like never before. It is so refreshing and deeply cleansing, but it hasn't dried out my skin at all, and I do have a few typically dry/reactive spots. My skin looks so much brighter and cleaner, so much more even since I starting using it (a little over two weeks ago) and it definitely has never felt so soft without moisturizing. I really can't stop touching my face.
here's the product: (I use the eucalyptus one, there's also a lavender one, but the girl at bath and body works with amazing skin recommended the eucalyptus one, so of course...)
http://www.puritycosmetics.com/FacialEucalyptusSeafoam.html
The ingredients:
Organic seaweeds (Kelp, Sea Lettuce, Spiraluna), French Green Clay, Honey, Coco betaine, Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Seabuckthorn, Rosehip Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Rosemary extract

I was absolutely in love with the ingredients when I first read them at BBW, I just can't stop raving about them, they are just the ultimate ingredients!!! It's such a simple product, but it's so effective!

The texture:
is at first a sort of thick, wet clay like feel, but once it's on your skin it gets very creamy and almost bubbly, I wouldn't say it's "foamy" but its lightly creamy and clay like, if that makes sense. It rinses easily and leaves your skin feeling soooo tingly and rereshed!!! The sensation is amazing!!! It's mild at first, when the cleanser is on your skin, but when you rinse it off, oh my goodness!! It's so strong and invigorating!! It's really like I said, just the ultimate skin pick me up/wake me up feeling. I am seriously addicted to washing my face now.

Since I've been using the cleanser, like I've said, my skin is much more "clean looking", I don't really know how to articulate it, but my skin just looks brighter and my pores appear smaller. It helped clear a very bad breakout in record time, and it seriously softened my skin. I hope you will all try this so you can feel the amazing sensation it delivers and see how clean and refined your skin can appear, with just a cleanser! It's reallty like getting a mini-facial. I've never felt so pretty after simply cleansing my skin Smile
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like a wonderful product!

Do you think it would be drying at all? Expecially in the winter months?
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
Sounds like a wonderful product!

Do you think it would be drying at all? Expecially in the winter months?

Lucinda, my chin is super prone to flaking, and I'm in a very dry climate, there hasn't been any flaking yet, not even tightness. I think that the oils in it balance out the otherwise possibly drying french clay/tea tree oil.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi dealated,

The cleanser sounds wonderful and the price is nice too. I checked out their site after reading in self magazine about their lip glosses which are colored with fruit juices. have you ever tried any of their other products?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi dealated,

The cleanser sounds wonderful and the price is nice too. I checked out their site after reading in self magazine about their lip glosses which are colored with fruit juices. have you ever tried any of their other products?

I tried their coffee bean eye cream, which is amazing for puffy, dry eyes but on most days it's a little too moisturizing for my eyes. I also tried their antioxdant toner, love it!
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
ah..would love to try..

but international shipping is $25 for 1-3 items..
$50 for 4-6 items!!!!!

way toooo expensive...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love the sound of this line! Everything on their site sounds so yummy. But I'm in Canada -- no Bath & Body Works here, and as amaska says, that shipping!! Yikes! Shock
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sutrish and Amaska, that's crazy! Maybe shipping from the manufacturers sight isn't as bad?
http://www.puritycosmetics.com/
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Those are the prices quoted on the site, unfortunately. Sad
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
l have send an email about shippong fee to Canada

answer is: $10
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, lotus003! That's much better!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
You are wellcome, Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
dealated...are you still using this cleanser??? Can you update on your review? I'm curious about it but am wondering if over time it might be too drying...

thanks dear!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
dealated...are you still using this cleanser??? Can you update on your review? I'm curious about it but am wondering if over time it might be too drying...

thanks dear!

Yes, I am still using it! Still loving it too. What I said still remains, I just wish it wasn't so pricey, and I really despise the packaging. It's in a glass jar with a tin lid... So I have to spoon out the product once it's almost empty. I don't mind it enough to stop using it though, my skin has never looked so clear and my pores have never been invisible like they are now. It still hasn't been drying to my combo skin, even though it's been so cold and dry where I am. I hope you like it if you try it Smile
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm going to try this too -- it's cheaper than what I'm using now (philosophy purity) and I've been looking for a good cleanser with tea tree oil that won't dry me out.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
The website is actually more expensive...18 dollars plus 5 bucks shipping. (www.puritycosmetics.com) =24 bucks altogether.

Bath and Body works has it for 13 dollars, plus 6 shipping and handling. (only 19...though they might charge tax too, I don't know as I've never ordered from them).

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2224798&cp=2073258.2250222&parentPage=category

ETS: Yeah, they charge sales tax...but still cheaper than the Purity Website...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oddly, the product amount/size listed on the puritycosmetics.com site is 5 oz., and on the B&BW site they indicate it is 6 oz. This must be a mistake? Still, its less expensive on the B&BW site. Anyone know if they carry it in the B&BW stores? I need to go over to one to return something and I'll just exchange it for this if they have it.

Deleated, your description of the product makes it sound like it would compare to Dermalogica's Dermal Clay Cleanser - sound like they have some similar ingredients. Would you agree?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
B&BW site just for us not for canada Crying or Very sad
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear Sad I'm lame sometimes...I forget that US-based companies don't alway ship to Canada (which is silly, honestly).

Then again, some stuff I want to buy from EDS isn't shipped to the US (like Yonka) so I have to go somewhere else for it.

Purity Cosmetics does ship to Canada though...so you can still get it (trying to redeem myself here...Laughing)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
This is in my Purity shopping basket (for hubby) but I have to wait a couple weeks to order since I am skint after my shops at Sephora and Candessence and vitacost this month. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Just ordered this from Bath and Body works...$19.99 with shipping and tax.

Looking forward to trying it!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I asked one of the B&BW stores near me if they carry it in the stores and not just on the website. They told me that here in Denver it is at their downtown store but I haven't been to it to check it out. It's definitely on my list of things to check out though...
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:42 am      Reply with quote
i am debating on whether to go to the flagship store near me, this sounds like a great cleanser, but noticed on the 100% pure site that they also have a lavender version of the cleanser for drier skin. the bath and body site didn't list this cleanser.

http://www.puritycosmetics.com/FacialLavenderSeafoam.html

other cleansers they have also:

http://www.puritycosmetics.com/CleanserAll.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I just wrote a review about their eye cream and just wanted to post my experience w/ this cleanser. I have combination skin but I felt this was too drying on it and made my pores look bigger because of the dryness. Like I said in the other review, I really really wanted to like it but it's not for my skin. However, I believe it's more for the oily skin and acne as it did clear up so blemishes I was getting.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've read that cleansers with certain oils in them like peppermint or menthol can be very irritating to your skin. I got some samples of this cleanser in an order and my skin felt weird and tingly like I'd smeared mentholatum all over my face. I personally wasn't impressed.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |