Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Curly Hair Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Does anybody know of a serum, mousse, styling cream.. ANYTHING!! that really separates and defines each individual curl? I really love that long curly haired look but only if the curls are in control. i've tried SO many different products and it seems like theres always a new one jumping out claiming to do exactly what little curly haired gals want, but i can't seem to find one to really get those curls in LINE and flowing, not puffing or frizzing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have naturally curly hair and my favourite product that I've found so far is Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious styling cream. Work it through wet hair then rub a bit between your palms and twirl hair into sections (you don't need to be neat about this). It defines and separates curls but doesn't leave you with that horrible crunchy feeling!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Garnier Fructis curl and shine leave in. I use that with a dab of honey and it works great! Sometimes I use that alone or along with either Herbal Essence Totally Twisted which has less hold but softer to the touch or Herbal Essence Set Me Up which has great hold and clumping.

Also try honey rinses, my curls come out better when I do honey rinses and it leaves it shiny too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
What are honey rinses?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I second the Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Creme.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
What are honey rinses?

I put about a tablespoon of honey with a cup or either warm or cold water, dissolve it in the water. After I'm done washing my hair, I just pour the honey water over my hair and viola! I don't rinse it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
What are honey rinses?

I put about a tablespoon of honey with a cup or either warm or cold water, dissolve it in the water. After I'm done washing my hair, I just pour the honey water over my hair and viola! I don't rinse it out.

Ahahahhaa moment here! I've been rinsing it out! Must try this next time. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
What are honey rinses?

Ahahahhaa moment here! I've been rinsing it out! Must try this next time. Thanks.

If you do rinse it out, try literally a drop or two of honey in your hair products when you put it in whether it's gel or a leave in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. So you just pour it on top or work it into the scalp? Doesn't it leave the hair sticky? Any brand of honey? What about treacle? Sorry for all the questions. It's the first time i hear about this and am very intrigued.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Creme of Nature shampoo was voted best Detangling Conditioning shampoo for curly hair in some girl mag a few years back. Although my hair is only slightly wavy its all I use. It wont strip your hair and its SLS free. No need to add an extra conditioner after washing, its about $4USD and you can get it in any drug/grocery store in the ethnic hair care isle. Best stuff ever IMO!

ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Thanks for the info. So you just pour it on top or work it into the scalp? Doesn't it leave the hair sticky? Any brand of honey? What about treacle? Sorry for all the questions. It's the first time i hear about this and am very intrigued.

Oh no prob. You just pour it over your hair and that's it. I usually flip my head over and pour it all over, if I'm too lazy I don't flip over no biggie either way. No need to work it into the hair whatsover. It doesn't leave the hair sticky at all. Now that I think of it, I use about a tablespoon of water to probably a 1 1/2 cups of water. I just use like a glade tupperware type of deal container, eyeball the honey and take in the shower. You are more than welcome to use molasses. I hear if you use honey it'll gradually lighten hair not sure if it's true though I think my highlights have gotten a smidge lighter and the opposite for molasses.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
OOOoh...! I'm going to try this. My hair is naturally curly. I've tried all the products for curly hair and the ones to give you "beach hair" with no good results. I want something to separate the frizzy curls into longer waves. With natural curls, each separate hair somehow seems to do it's own thing - hence the frizz. I usually end up straightening it - then it's nice and wavy after I've slept on it! Then I don't want to wash it again (although I have to).... And you know when you're going out and you want to be fresh and newly styled? Forget it - I have to wash my hair the day before. Bummer.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Oh another one for you cury/wavy hair girls.

It's a citric acid rinse. I haven't tried it yet but will do so tomorrow, but from what I've read it leaves your hair SUPER soft and really defines and separates curls. I like the feel of my hair after an ACV or a baking soda rinse so I'm super stoked about trying this.

about 1/2 conditioner of your choice to 1/2 cup of warm water and the dissolve about a teaspon of citric acid. Mix or shake it up well and put it on your hair. Massage it in a little and then rinse off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I hope I'm allowed to post a link to another forum. If not, I will understand if this post is deleted or edited. Have you checked outwww.naturallycurly.com ? It's a great site for people with curly hair with tons of people posting about different products.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I hope I'm allowed to post a link to another forum. If not, I will understand if this post is deleted or edited. Have you checked outwww.naturallycurly.com ? It's a great site for people with curly hair with tons of people posting about different products.

Marci that's where I go too!

5% products discount

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have LONG naturally curly hair. I have tried the more expensive products to see if they work. Nothing works as well as Tresemme. Now I like my hair to be defined and in control. I use Tresemme (sp) in the black bottles from CVS or any drug store. I mousse my hair first. Then I use their hairspray to spray the roots and the ends. Then I bend over and blow dry. Stopping a few times to spray again. And then Blow dry. Spray... Hair comes out lovely. [/url]
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I too have naturally curly hair, and I use Curls Rock by TIGI. I have also tried many different brands (John Frieda, Bumble & Bumble, Pantene for curly hair and so on), but find that this seems to be the best for me. Infact, I use the whole range. Curls Rock Shampoo & Conditioner, Leave in Moisturiser and Curl Defining Creme.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mixed Chicks www.MixedChicks.net is a good product for this purpose.

Just be sure to clarify weekly with Nexxus Aloe Rid or another gentle, but effective clarifying shampoo, to prevent buildup. Embarassed
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Rebecstar1 wrote:
I have LONG naturally curly hair. I have tried the more expensive products to see if they work. Nothing works as well as Tresemme. Now I like my hair to be defined and in control. I use Tresemme (sp) in the black bottles from CVS or any drug store. I mousse my hair first. Then I use their hairspray to spray the roots and the ends. Then I bend over and blow dry. Stopping a few times to spray again. And then Blow dry. Spray... Hair comes out lovely. [/url]

Rebecstar I like Tresemme too, but I use their S&C, esp C, because I like to do the no-poo thing. Don't you find your hair stiff with so much hairspray?

Marci & Aries: I used to go to naturallycurly.com, too, I think I was one of the very first ones to be their 'regulars' when they first appeared like 10 years ago. Then I found that I was buying products like a mad cow (happened here as well Rolling Eyes ) until I realised I was on the borders of being obsessed with my hair Bad Grin and the only way to stop buying was to stop going there and stick to whatever's been working well for me namely Redken Allsoft, TIGI Bed Head (must try Curls Rock now Rolling Eyes ) and Tressemme (the Vitamin H and Almond range).

Anyhoos...

p/s Rebecstar would you mind posting your hair pic here? Thanks Smile
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried tons of different combos, and for my 3b hair (wet, it's down to my bra strap, dry, it's just below my shoulders Confused ) my HG is GF Curl & Shine topped of w/ Aussie Tizz No Frizz. The C&S offers great clumping and the TNF offers flexible hold. I do the naturally curly thing the whole way.

For you curlies who don't blowdry: How do you get your hair to dry faster w/o getting frizz or losing the clumping? When I try a diffuser, my hair is stringy curly; when I let it air dry (which is my usual method) my hair is great but I end up walking around for 4-5 hours looking like a wet dog Confused Is there a faster way that still yield great results? TIA Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
If I don't dry with a diffuser my curls are pretty relaxed and not as nicely defined, so I tend to dry it with a diffuser whenever I'm wearing it curly and want it to look nice. If I'm in a hurry though sometimes I'll just flip my head over and dry it with a diffuser at the roots for a few minutes since that is the area that is the slowest to dry naturally. Maybe you could partially dry it just at the roots and then let the rest of the curls dry naturally?

By the way, my two favorite combos that I use when I'm wearing my hair curly are GF styling cream followed by Tresemme bouncy curls or Biolage curl cream followed by Bumble and Bumble curl conscious creme. Both of these combos help define my curls without leaving my hair crunchy. My hair is fine and wavy/frizzy unless I use products that help encourage it to curl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks mamawalnut! I'll try just diffusing the roots. I'm new at using a diffuser, and when I've tried it it made my curls separate into several thin strings instead of bigger clumpy curls.

I've had my hair trimmed only once in the past year, but I swear it's getting shorter Confused I want to grow it down almost to my bra strap DRY. It seems to be taking forever, even w/ taking hair, skin, and nails supplements.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Tsjmom, I know exactly what you mean about the snail-paced growing out phase. I've also been trying to grow my hair long for forever it seems but between all the coloring, blow-drying, and flat-ironing (I wear it curly about half the time and straight the other half) it gets too much damage and breakage to gain much length. I do find that more frequent trims (every three months or so) help get rid of the split ends and damage so that overall my length has grown by a few inches in the past year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Giovanni's Leave In Conditioner....I LOVE this stuff. It's all natural, and doesn't weigh down your hair. It subtly helps define the curl, leaving it soft and not krinkly, and conditions your hair in the process. It's also cheap! I get mine at the health food store, but you can buy it online even cheaper.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
System
Automatic Message
Fri May 10, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |