Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)
Oh. My. God!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
And we thought we were high maintenance!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/smile/1006_tl_kids.shtml

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
ACK! I think my brain just melted reading that! I can't fully comprehend giving a child a fake tan or fake nails.

Can we say, Future 'Mean Girls' anyone? Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Why does a little girl need £300 a month for her beauty regime? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
Why does a little girl need £300 a month for her beauty regime? Shock

I know, I was flabbergasted! and how vile is hte mother for being embarrassed her kid prefers fruit to junk food Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
What a sad reflection of life that children no longer have a childhood.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
What a sad reflection of life that children no longer have a childhood.

OMG. Those parents need to start acting like parents and quite trying to be their child's best friend. Parents need to make decisions that will help their children grow into mature, compassionate, successful adults. To give into these whims at such a young age promotes narcissism and self-absorption. What in the world are they thinking?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Mind you, I wish she was my mummy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Shock why would anyone spend that much money on a kid's beauty regime!? they already have the perfect skin

"I want to be just like Jordan" ---that has got to be the BIGGEST problem!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
The little girl was not very attractive in her photo and the boy looked like a brat. Confused
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
That's just really sad. I can only imagine if they start out that young obsessing about their looks, how it will be when they get older. One plastic surgery after the next trying to make themselves look perfect? (I have nothing against PS, but I can see these kids being obsessed with their looks enough to take it to the extreme). And their parents! It's sad that they have enabled their kids in this way!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
That's just really sad. I can only imagine if they start out that young obsessing about their looks, how it will be when they get older. One plastic surgery after the next trying to make themselves look perfect? (I have nothing against PS, but I can see these kids being obsessed with their looks enough to take it to the extreme). And their parents! It's sad that they have enabled their kids in this way!

I agree. I was in my gym locker room the other day and a mum had brought her two girls in to swim in the pool. They could not have been any older than 8 or 9 and they were standing in front of the mirror commenting about how fat they were getting Shock

My heart broke. I had an eating disorder for 11 years and I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I did.
Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sheesh - I couldn't even get my daughter to take a shower until she was 11 or something. Laughing She loved being outside, riding her bike, playing soft ball and being a kid. Now that she's a teen (14....the bitchy years....kill me now Crying or Very sad ) she's more conscientious of what she looks like - hair, skin, etc....but nothing too outrageous. These moms are just way too over indulgent - raising a bunch of Paris wannabes! Wink Childhood goes by fast enough as it is....blink once and the next thing you know your baby is going off to college....let them stay little as long you can.

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Shock why would anyone spend that much money on a kid's beauty regime!? they already have the perfect skin

"I want to be just like Jordan" ---that has got to be the BIGGEST problem!

Eek! Jordan is just like another Pamela Anderson.. Silenced
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
The saddest part is that the little girl said that no one likes to talk to ugly people and that she wouldn't be popular if she wasn't as pretty. I would be mortified if I was her mother and knew that I was teaching her to believe that.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I feel sad for that little girl when she grows up and hits hard times financially. She won't have any sense of self-worth without all the "things" that she bought to make herself pretty. Why do that to a person willingly. Those parents have real problems.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I SO had to ROFLMAO reading this. I can get into the fake tan though.. better than having bunnykins out baking themselves to get brown..

So the blonde kid wants to be just like Jordan? Man, I would be SO proud if I had a daughter whose dream was to get implants the size of balloons and become a topless model.

But the real question is.. that last photo.. the little African girl.. is that her MOM with her or her Dad in drag?!

5% products discount

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:35 am      Reply with quote
I know children are innocent and all, but I think those kids are absolutely disgusting. Confused
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Ohmygod - I feel the same disgust for the parents of these little girls as I did for the parents of Jon Benet-Ramsey. Geez, why can't these wannabe showbiz moms let their kids be kids? Instead of climbing trees, riding bicycles and skinning their knees, these little girls will turn into pampered, prissy, empty-headed little narcissists who can't look beyond themselves and the mirror.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Two words: uh oh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Something that really stuck with me when I was a kid, was my mom saying she didn't think it was appropriate for children to wear clothes that are supposed to be "sexy" - i.e. the cropped shirts that both of those girls mentioned.

It's one thing to want to be frilly and pretty as a little gal (NOT to excuse the crazy lengths these disturbed mamas go to, or the brats they've raised - but I'm sure many of us liked our milder princess fantasies as a lass) - but wanting to wear something *revealing*, before you've even hit puberty, is just creepy and wrong to me. Mama taught me right, and I definitely won't be letting my kids wear cropped tops and heels and whatnot when they're still indisputably children. Not that I'm exactly worried some pedophile will snatch them out of my grocery cart, but it just seems off.

And I don't exactly know where to draw the line about how much kids should get to primp - I just know it's been crossed with these ones. I was allowed to start wearing makeup when I was 12, and that rule was set at a very young age for me. When I started having breakouts before then at age 10 or 11, I bugged my mom into letting me wear concealer and a little powder for the greasies, but that was it. Nail polish was always OK though.

When I have kids, I want them to be able to play at this stuff, but while they're still young, that's exactly what it is - playing. Dress-up is just that, it's pretending to BE an adult, when you're NOT one. So in the house with friends over is fine, but in my opinion, ballgowns out to McDonalds are not fine. I don't plan to go to the other extreme - I knew families who only let their girls wear nail polish that was clear, and another family I grew up with only let their girls paint their nails with beet juice (!) because of the chemicals! That seemed like a crazy hippie idea to me at the time, but actually, I might try it, haha. Laughing But I digress.

I think it's important for kids to have boundaries set by their parents about what is and isn't appropriate. The worst part of that article was the quote from the little Sasha gal about how she throws a tantrum until her mum gives in. I can't believe the mother let the article be printed like that, haha - but then again, the daughter was probably given editorial control, too!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Haha, whoops, didn't mean to go on my own little rampage there! I guess this just hit a nerve for me. My biological clock must be ticking hahaha. Very Happy

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
These parents are robbing their kids of a childhood! One of the things I miss about being a kid is being able to jump out of bed, throw on some clothes and go outside to play without a care about what I looked like. Yes, your mom should make sure you are clean and your teeth are brushed, etc., but this is just sad.

Tigertim---that is a very good question Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

But the real question is.. that last photo.. the little African girl.. is that her MOM with her or her Dad in drag?!

hhahahahahahah, I was wondering the same thing!
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Something that really stuck with me when I was a kid, was my mom saying she didn't think it was appropriate for children to wear clothes that are supposed to be "sexy" - i.e. the cropped shirts that both of those girls mentioned.

It's one thing to want to be frilly and pretty as a little gal (NOT to excuse the crazy lengths these disturbed mamas go to, or the brats they've raised - but I'm sure many of us liked our milder princess fantasies as a lass) - but wanting to wear something *revealing*, before you've even hit puberty, is just creepy and wrong to me. Mama taught me right, and I definitely won't be letting my kids wear cropped tops and heels and whatnot when they're still indisputably children. Not that I'm exactly worried some pedophile will snatch them out of my grocery cart, but it just seems off.

And I don't exactly know where to draw the line about how much kids should get to primp - I just know it's been crossed with these ones. I was allowed to start wearing makeup when I was 12, and that rule was set at a very young age for me. When I started having breakouts before then at age 10 or 11, I bugged my mom into letting me wear concealer and a little powder for the greasies, but that was it. Nail polish was always OK though.

When I have kids, I want them to be able to play at this stuff, but while they're still young, that's exactly what it is - playing. Dress-up is just that, it's pretending to BE an adult, when you're NOT one. So in the house with friends over is fine, but in my opinion, ballgowns out to McDonalds are not fine. I don't plan to go to the other extreme - I knew families who only let their girls wear nail polish that was clear, and another family I grew up with only let their girls paint their nails with beet juice (!) because of the chemicals! That seemed like a crazy hippie idea to me at the time, but actually, I might try it, haha. Laughing But I digress.

I think it's important for kids to have boundaries set by their parents about what is and isn't appropriate. The worst part of that article was the quote from the little Sasha gal about how she throws a tantrum until her mum gives in. I can't believe the mother let the article be printed like that, haha - but then again, the daughter was probably given editorial control, too!

I never raised a daughter, but I teach girls and my sons have brought MANY of their female friends into our home. It's interesting to me how girls dress (area allowed to dress) through their ages and stages.

In fourth grade I already see little divas wearing "strappy shoes" and lip gloss in the fall. By this spring about 1/4 of my girls were wearing pink "sparkly" lip gloss, and silky scarves around their necks. They had also taken to starting every sentence with their hand on this cocked hip going, "Um, um, um" in baby talk. It may sound innocent enough, but to me they had crossed a line. The boys still talk legos at that stage and this little girls were just working it. It was shocking for me to note that the girls who dress like this did NOT have a very high academic standing and only one of them had ANY interests other than boys. This choice of dressing/adornment set them apart from the rest of their peers (which may be exactly what they want). I have seen healthy friendships change because of this ... there are some moms who will NOT let their own daughters hang out with little lolitas. And while the fourth grade boys continue to be oblivious the 5th/6th/7th/8th grade boys are not. That some of my girls have middle school "boyfriends" makes me sick to my stomach.

Ok. I should stop talking now.

OH. One more thing. The little girls like this have MOMS who "work it" constantly. Modeling behavior is huge. Kids watch EVERY move we make!

Ok. NOW I'll stop.

Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:

I never raised a daughter, but I teach girls and my sons have brought MANY of their female friends into our home. It's interesting to me how girls dress (area allowed to dress) through their ages and stages.

In fourth grade I already see little divas wearing "strappy shoes" and lip gloss in the fall. By this spring about 1/4 of my girls were wearing pink "sparkly" lip gloss, and silky scarves around their necks. They had also taken to starting every sentence with their hand on this cocked hip going, "Um, um, um" in baby talk. It may sound innocent enough, but to me they had crossed a line. The boys still talk legos at that stage and this little girls were just working it. It was shocking for me to note that the girls who dress like this did NOT have a very high academic standing and only one of them had ANY interests other than boys. This choice of dressing/adornment set them apart from the rest of their peers (which may be exactly what they want). I have seen healthy friendships change because of this ... there are some moms who will NOT let their own daughters hang out with little lolitas. And while the fourth grade boys continue to be oblivious the 5th/6th/7th/8th grade boys are not. That some of my girls have middle school "boyfriends" makes me sick to my stomach.

Ok. I should stop talking now.

OH. One more thing. The little girls like this have MOMS who "work it" constantly. Modeling behavior is huge. Kids watch EVERY move we make!

Ok. NOW I'll stop.

Embarassed

I totally agree, the mother's behavior definitely rubs off on the girls. I remember when I was in fourth grade, one of my best friends at the time had a really slutty and kinda irresponsible mom - she'd take us to bars while she'd drink with her friends, etc. and when my mom figured this out she stopped us hanging out - the behavior totally rubbed off on her. She was creepily promiscuous at the age of 9, and she was fascinated by her mom's ------------ collection she discovered, and tried to make all her friends watch it with her. I'm all for sex positive teachings and being open to exploring things, but AT AN APPROPRIATE AGE! Which nine will never be, at least not in this culture/genetic makeup. The girl was sexed up WAY before her time, and while I didn't fully understand WHY it upset me as a kid, it creeped me out and some part of me knew it wasn't right, even back then.

Girls these days do kinda freak me out. I'm not ready for kids yet, but I'm getting increasinly so with every day and a lot of my friends who are a few years older than me are starting to have kids, so I think I'm in a very analytical and thoughtful place about how to raise them. My boyfriend and I always discuss how our parent friends do (probably kind of catty of us, but it's definitely in a sort of "how will we be?" way), and this is something I've definitely been noticing more and more. If I have girls, I don't want them becoming little Barbie dolls before their childhood is over! Call me old-fashioned, but kids should climb trees and play tag and draw and read and socialize for fun kid-stuff, not get ready for the catwalk. It reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Lisa gets a new hooched-out friend who tries to get her all dolled up, but in the end Lisa goes back to wanting to be a kid, and I think it ends with a giant food fight. That's MUCH more what I want to see my kids having fun at! I love to primp within reason, but I think I'll be conscientious about what message I'm sending to my daughter(s) when that time comes, because I appreciate the balance my mom passed to me. There were plenty of things she didn't do perfectly, haha, as with all parents, but I feel like this was an area she did great at, even if I resented not being able to get as dolled up as I wanted at the time!

System
Automatic Message
Mon May 20, 2024 1:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |