Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Desperately seeking help for blackheads!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,Im new here.Ive been glued to the screen for about a month,and now I feel its my turn to seek some help from you guys.Im looking for a product that can remove the tiny blackheads on my nose for good!Its like an ongoing battle and I feel my self-esteem is getting a punch in the nose:(I feel there are about 800 of them on there.WHAT do you recommend?I will be eternally grateful if someone can help me.I must mention that ive used DrH about a long month and ive just started Juice Beauty organic cleanser.I feel my skin is getting kinda worse after JB.DrH was great,but the blackheads wont leave me.Sigh..Im 25,had a baby 7 months ago,started exercising 3 weeks ago and im trying to change my diet and drinking alot of water.Nothing.So if anyone out there has a miracle cure,please let me know-Skin should be the least of my problems:)
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
You should a clay mask regularly.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had stubborn blackheads on my nose for-ever, then I started using a BHA + AHA regularly (like a glycolic product in the evening and BHA in the morning) and got a Clarisonic face brush. The combination has *really* cleaned out my pores--no more blackheads!

5% products discount

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Nijey-I will try to find something that kills them.Stubborn little fellas:)(
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I was using a 2%BHA liquid for a few months to try to get rid of my blackheads. It was fantastic at first, but it wasn't a long term solution for me to use everyday and I found that after a few months of use my blackheads started to reappear.

I found that using the Cellcosmet Activator Gel after cleansing really seemed to help to start to clear them up again though. I've recently started to use some of the Zenbiotics products and Rare Minerals at night. Although I hate just about everything about the Rare Minerals, the colour is awful on me! So far it seems to have done an amazing job at helping to shift the really stubborn blackheads, and to shrink my pores too.
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sel! I live in Norway,but hopefully ill get to try the Cellcosmet.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I started using IS Clinical from all tha wonderful advice on this forum & it REALLY helped with blackheads. I used to have quite a few on the side of my nose & chin. They're virtually gone from regular use of Super Serum in the AM and Active Serum in the PM. I started off with trial sizes & was so happy got the full size right away. It's expensive but works amazingly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
A 2% salicylic acid cleanser and a 2% salicylic acid leave-on lotion will help very much. Also, using an AHA mask or Enzyme mask about once each week, will help to get rid of the dead skin cells that can clog pores and cause blackheads, et.c
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Pouty--good luck!

(also, about why the BHA + AHA thing works--BHAs can actually penetrate into your pores to clean them out, increasing the effectiveness of AHAs, which also exfoliate the top layers of skin, refining the overall appearance. I think the Clarisonic is nice if you wear a heavyduty foundation or sunscreen and don't want to bother with OCM or a complicated cleansing routine at night. It also provides more exfoliation. Granted, I do have combination/oily resistant skin, so a more sensitive-skinned person should proceed with caution.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
If you're going to extraxt the blackheads...do so after a warm shower. You can buy an instrument at a pharmacy for extracting blackheads...it's in the nail file area. Clay masques also work really well.
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone,I really appreciate it:)
I will let you know what works for me!
By the way-I use DrH clay mask,and facial steam every week-used it for about 2 months.But cant say its working for me yet..I cant stop picking my face either and that problaby makes it worse.Its like an * spam alert * you know Confused
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Oh no! I was all set on trying the IS Clinical but they dont ship outside the US.Is there any other produkt that works for blackheads? Rolling Eyes
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Poutypuppy-You could order IS Clinical fom EDS, do they ship to Norway?

5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
No im afraid not Annie R.I dont know why..just my luck Confused
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Mandelic acid is supposed to do wonders for blackheads. I am trying 15% mandelic acid (Vivant) myself.

Check out this thread about Mandelic:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15496&highlight=mandelic
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pricilla.Ive bought BHA today and if that doesnt do the trick,Ill test your advice.Thanks a billion Very Happy
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Try Earth to Body products. I love the Emu-Neem Soap and the Clay-Neem Treatment. They're all natural too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I tried BHA and AHA neither helped my blackheads. Ive finally had success with Avene Ystheal Gel but it took at least 4 months to really see results.I love this stuff, its been discontinued but Avene have other Retinaldehyde products so I will have to try one of them. This has really helped my pores.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
try steaming your face before applying clay mask..doing so helps to open up your pores and the blackheads are then easier to be "sucked out" by the clay mask
sometimes i try squeezing the blackheads but hate those reddish marks on my face after doing that
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |