Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SulWhaSoo from Korea: a Beauty Secret
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
My mom is really into healthy diet, she shops everywhere for good organic produce and seafood. Her recent visits to a popular Korean market lead to a new friendship with the market owner, a lady in her 60' that has flawless skin of a 30 year old. Her beauty secret: SulWhaSoo Beauty Cream. Of course, my mom, a never retired beauty junkie, can't wait to try this line. So, along with the grocery, she brought home today a SulWhaSoo set of 7 mini sized ptds.

I will post a review may be a month from now about these ptds. I will also ask my mom to let me have the empty jars to add to my collection, they are the most gorgeous golden coloured and beautiful shaped jars and bottles I've ever seen, so Korean, so Oriental, so romantic...written only on Korean characters ( they have enclosed English pamphlets).

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used this skin care line? Is it as good as its packaging? :P
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi, babyfish:
I havent tried that particular brand, but I used to like the korean cosmetics and skincare ..I am not sure, maybe just b/c they suit better for the Asian skin :P, same for the Japanese brands..

One of my favourites is Coogi platinum exclusion conrneous peeling gel .. it is indeed a treatment with sea weed extract and keratin (yes, a peeling gel) .. you just put it on your cleansed face for one minute, after that, you massage for about 3 minutes, as you do so, you can actually "peel| off something from your face!! (guess some dead skin, debris cells, etc).. I like that a lot, it's very effective, your skin glows after the treatment, unlike the regular exfoliation, it also deep cleanse your skin, like that a lot Very Happy .. I hope you mom will discover sth wonderful for her skin too ~~
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi, babyfish:
I havent tried that particular brand, but I used to like the korean cosmetics and skincare ..I am not sure, maybe just b/c they suit better for the Asian skin :P, same for the Japanese brands..

One of my favourites is Coogi platinum exclusion conrneous peeling gel .. it is indeed a treatment with sea weed extract and keratin (yes, a peeling gel) .. you just put it on your cleansed face for one minute, after that, you massage for about 3 minutes, as you do so, you can actually "peel" off something from your face!! (guess some dead skin, debris cells, etc).. I like that a lot, it's very effective, your skin glows after the treatment, unlike the regular exfoliation, it also deep cleanse your skin, like that a lot Very Happy .. I hope you mom will discover sth wonderful for her skin too ~~
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Babyfish
This Sulwhasoo sounds amazing - fanzy looking 30 when I get to 60 - growing old suddenly doesn't sound so scary after all.

Please do let us know its effectiveness once your mum is ready to review. Oooo, can't wait.
Jenny
eden

Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just wanted to add a note about korean products. I lived in Korea for five years, up until a few months ago, and I tried many of their products.

They look and smell great, but keep in mind that korean products have A LOT of chemical additives. Also, many products have special "whitening agents", since the vast majority of Korean women want to have whiter skin, like foreigners. I have no idea if these agents actually work, but it's what sells.

For better Asian products, look to Japan, which has been in the beauty business longer and caters to a variety of consumers, including those looking for all natural products. The packages are gorgeous, and some chemical-free products can be found easily.
All around, I found Thailand to be the best for beauty supplies, and I travelled there often to buy natural oils, creams, etc.. while I lived in Asia.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jenny
Hi Babyfish
This Sulwhasoo sounds amazing - fanzy looking 30 when I get to 60 - growing old suddenly doesn't sound so scary after all.

Please do let us know its effectiveness once your mum is ready to review. Oooo, can't wait.
Jenny

Jenny, to give you some more info about this skin care line:

SulWhaSoo is an herbal cosmetic developed by co research of Amor ( a popular cosmetic company) and professors of the college of oriental medicine in Korea. It's formulated with the extracts of herbal medicine, a complex of 5 herbs: Solomon a Seal, Lotus, Lily, Peony, Rehmannia which will improve the dryness of skin by relieving the Yin deficency of women over 35 years old.

In the mini gift set my mom is trying, there are Vital Water and Vital Emulsion ( for day) and Resilience Cream ( for night) and Nourishing Pack ( a mask) and a sample of Whitening Powder Essence that contains licorice root extracts, rhubarb, and Vitamin C.

I like the Vital Water myself for its lightness but I save it for my mom. She's my Queen. I just will collect the bottles. They are gorgeous!
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Babyfish for the detailed info.
I am sure Mummyfish loves this sweet little babyfish....(looks from left to right)...am I getting too corny and mushy here??
Jenny
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
i agree that this brand is remarkable. my mum's friend also uses this line for 5 years already and she said that it was so good she never looked elsewhere for other products and she has flawless skin and looks like 20s when she is already in her 40s\
takiko
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard about this brand too, but it's super expensive ^_^;
I changed to Korean brand recently too, just look at most of the korean actress, they have flawless skin! I don't agree that they use lots of chemial additives......because the brand I'm using are natural like INNISFREE (it's also from AMore Pacific, a natural brand)

I've heard that there're Yeyeonsoo from Baviphat, and they use the same formula as sulwhasoo, but it's cheaper!
Yeyeonsoo
Yeyeonsoo Brightening Cleansing Foam – C$18.00
Yeyeonsoo Vitalizing Cream – C$29.00
Yeyeonsoo Vitalizing Emulsion – C$27.00
Yeyeonsoo Vitalizing Essence – C$29.00
Yeyeonsoo Lifting Eye Cream – C$29.00
Yeyeonsoo Vitalizing Skin – C$27.00
Yeyeonsoo Moisturizing Sleeping Pack – C$24.00
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
It's so nice to hear about these Asian brands. wish we could have easier access to them in Canada. I use Shiseido and quite like it but it is expensive.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I found it quite interesting just how many Korean skin care brands mentioned are all made by one parent company?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taepyeongyang_Corporation?wasRedirected=true

Taepyeongyang Corporation

Taepyeongyang (Amore Pacific) Corporation (hangul:태평양주식회사) is a chemical and cosmetics company. It is headquartered in Yongsan-gu Seoul, South Korea. Established in 1940, the company's cosmetic unit is called Amore Pacific. (hangul:아모레 퍼시픽)
Amore Pacific
Type Public (traded on the Korea Stock Exchange)
Industry cosmetic
Founded 1932
Headquarters Seoul, South Korea
Revenue 1,531,337 Million KRW (2008)
Net income 170,235 Million KRW (2008)
Employees 3,557
Website http://eng.amorepacific.co.kr

Hide Original brand

Amore Pacific is a leading cosmetic brand in South Korea and is popular in other Asian countries and beyond. Laneige (French for The Snow) appeared as a product line of Amore Pacific in 1993 and became available outside of Korea by 2003.

Taepyeongyang also markets products under the name Etude (French for Study). Laneige Products are also available outside Asia, in Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, and South America).

The following are other brand lines sold by Taepyeongyang:

AMOREPACIFIC
LANEIGE
Mamonde
IOPE
HANNULE
innisfree
HERA
SULWHASOO
ÉTUDE
mise en scène
RYOE
Lolita Lempicka
HAPPY BATH
median Toothpaste

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
You can purchase from here - with free shipping to anywhere in the world!

http://www.cosme-de.com/en/brand/brand_page.html?bpid=b00000168

Some of the products are reasonably priced.

Babyfish - could you tell us which products your Mum is trying?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
It's so nice to hear about these Asian brands. wish we could have easier access to them in Canada. I use Shiseido and quite like it but it is expensive.

Hi, I'm in Canada too, I used to use Shiseido, but I'm using some Korean brand too~~Since I don't know where do you live, but you can buy lots of cute Korean skincare products at i-zakkaya, I got mine there too!

I'm using Innisfree right now, want to try some more products soon!
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Babyfish. How is your mom liking the products. Are they keepers? TIA
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:

I don't think Babyfish has posted since 2004.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:

I don't think Babyfish has posted since 2004.

Ooops. I didn't even notice the year on her post.
livmaquillage
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh this was a long time ago post.

They are overpriced on that hongkong website. The price is lot cheaper at Seoul intl airport. The brand has many lines, heard their refining line is good for anti-aging but too rich for me (25). The basic line for young people is just so so.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
livmaquillage wrote:
Oh this was a long time ago post.

They are overpriced on that hongkong website. The price is lot cheaper at Seoul intl airport. The brand has many lines, heard their refining line is good for anti-aging but too rich for me (25). The basic line for young people is just so so.

I hadn't seen much about these products until recently, but that site
http://i-zakkaya.blogspot.com/p/how-to-buy.html

has been posted quite a lot lately? I have looked at a few other sites also and it appears
where I saw one translation of ingredients these contain parabens and other non organic compounds.
I have to say a good deal of packing I have seen would appeal to the Tweens!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think they claimed to be organic or free of parabens. The biggest attraction is "herbal". This is to korean brands just like "celluar" to swiss ones.

I don't trust any low-priced korean brands. Sulwhasoo is one the very few pricy ones that worth a shot. I'm not saying it's good but it's better than the others...

Honestly Sulwahsoo looks ugly to me Razz I will definitely turn to Whoo for fancier bottles Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
It was the innisfree brand that was touted elsewhere on here as being totally organic and that's the brand I saw a translation on. I had posted on a different thread that most all Certified Organic US brands have some preservative or they would have no shelf life! I was told that wasn't the case with innisfree, that's when I did some digging to see and found one translation on another site?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Sulwhasoo can be purchased on Strawberrynet. The link is below.

http://ca.strawberrynet.com/skincare/
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
sulwhasoo is cheapest if u purchase on gmarket

i have used the sulwhasoo basic line for a few months, and i am sticking to these gems! they are arguably the 2nd best products i've used and they have done wonders to my skin!!!

the concentrated ginseng cream is love and so are all the other products.

sulwhasoo never marketed themselves as an organic brand, but the focus is on the chinese and korean herbs and medicine.

why sulwhasoo is 2nd? hehe because it's largest competitor'the history of whoo' is no1 for me. results are even more dramatic!

join the sulwhasoo/whoo fanblog :

http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/introducing-brands-sulwhasoo/
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Sulwhasoo can be purchased on Strawberrynet. The link is below.

http://ca.strawberrynet.com/skincare/

Wow. That stuff is expensive.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I no doubt would probably jump on this like flies on honey if it took away wrinkles.

Anyone wanting to try it there are quite a few of the products on ebay that are sample sizes. i.e. 40 packets for $20. Just a thought, I just bought a vitamix so I'm good for a bit regarding spending $$.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I no doubt would probably jump on this like flies on honey if it took away wrinkles.

Anyone wanting to try it there are quite a few of the products on ebay that are sample sizes. i.e. 40 packets for $20. Just a thought, I just bought a vitamix so I'm good for a bit regarding spending $$.

Oh off topic but I have 2 vitamix the 4500 and my old metal one, I love them!!!

I won't try these products mainly because I can't even find any ingredient lists! Rolling Eyes

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |