Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Murad skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Calla lily
5% products discount

Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm new here frm Malaysia. I have oily and acne skin. My face is never clear of acne and blemishes. I try soooo many products and like Loreal, Nuskin, Biomedic but the result is the same. My acne keep on coming back and I always have acne marks on my face. I'm interested in Murad acne product line. I've read some good comments frm user of Murad. Anyone has ever tried Murad skincare before ? How effective is it ? Will it make my skin peel ? Will my acne comes back if I stop using Murad products ?

Appreciate all your feedback especially those who have tried using Murad skincare.

Thank you.
nimawho

Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Murad is OK. When you have acne, unfotunately, there is no miracle solution. You may also want to try MD Formulations Kit for oily skin atwww.anessentialdayspa.com/shop.
Also, it might be worth it to look into Proactiv.
nimawho

Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Murad is OK. When you have acne, unfotunately, there is no miracle solution. You may also want to try MD Formulations Kit for oily skin at http://www.essentialdayspa.com/md_formulations_cleansing_products.htm
SkinCareAddict

Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
As someone who has battled with acne-prone skin for about 10 years now, I have been through the whole nine yards of skin care routines, from Lancome to Neutrogena to Decleor, Murad and Dermalogica. And, I have FINALLY found products that are effective and actually perform as the company indicates.

Simply put, the best products for clearing acne that I have found are from Paula's Choice (www.paulaschoice.com). They are all fragrance free, reasonably priced and incredibly effective. The BHA exfoliator is the true wonder product... My skin unbelievably cleared within one week of simply using the samples I requested from them. (It's different from other salycilic acid products on the market as it is produced in the proper pH range to allow for skin surface and poor exfoliation... By the way, unlike BHAs, AHAs are only water soluble, and thus, fairly ineffective for those with oily skin, needing deeper pore exfoliation.) I also highly recommend the blemish fighting solution, which is not at all drying, is very gentle and highly effective.

For moisture, I use Estee Lauder's Day Wear Plus Lotion for Oily Skin. Though pricey, it absorbs quickly, is lightweight, smells great and does not cause any breakout... Plus, it has all the benefits of many antioxidants. For my eyes, I turn to Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair for Eyes... good-bye to puffiness and discoloration with no eye irritation!

If you have any questions about other products, I'd be happy to share my experiences.
Calla lily
5% products discount

Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I check Murad website and they have Acne Complex Kit but how come is not available in this site ? I would like to try the acne kit.

Btw, comparing all products for acne, which give a better result ? Is it Murad, Dermalogica, MD Formulation etc ?
Magda

Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
We added Murad kits at:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/murad_body_care_value_kits.htm
Magda

Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:25 am      Reply with quote
It is very hard to recommend the best acne product withouth proper skin consultation.
We have many happy clients with MD Formulations results as well as with Murard.
Myself I use MD Formulations FAcial Cleanser, Facial Lotion and Clearing complex and clearing mask when my skin brakes out.
Calla lily
5% products discount

Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've check the new Murad website and the admin has added few more Kits. Can i use Murad Acne Combination Kit since my skin is combination oily/normal ? Does MDF normal-combination skin regimen work for acne as well ?

Please advice. Thank you.
Sylvia318

Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Calla Lily,

I'm also from M'sia and stay in Johor, I've oily * spam * sensitive skin and currently using Murad's products.

In my opinion, u should consult their beautician first, then u will know what type of product u should use. U can visit one of their beauty advisor whom is called Ms Loo in CN Beauty, Bangsar, she is very nice and helpful, maybe u can ask some samples to try first.

Calla lily
5% products discount

Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sylvia318,

its nice to see ppl frm the same countyr in this forum. I been to CN beauty in Tmn Setiawangsa and they recommend me to use the Vit C and also Acne Complex kit which is veeeery expensive compare to the price in this forum.

You have used this product and how do you find it ? Are you happy with the results so far ?

Hope t hear from you soon.
Sylvia318

Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Nice to hear from u too.

Yes, the price of this product in Malaysia is very far difference from this website, so I decided to buy Murad product at here in future.

I've been using this product for two years and very satisfying with this brand so far.

Since u have a acne-prone skin, I don't think Vit C is suitable for you, why don't you visitwww.murad.com to learn more about this product.

Wink
Calla lily
5% products discount

Thu May 08, 2003 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Sylvia318,

May I know what Murad product that you are using? What is your skin type and what do they reccommend you to use ? Do you have acne or problem skin ? Appreciate if you would share your experience using this product. Any differences you notice before and after using Murad products ?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you.
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
murad and proactive DID not work for me at all.... so i quit.. when i started using likas papaya soap, my pimples and acne started to go away one by one... and now, im sticking to this soap because it helps me from getting break outs.
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Calla Lily,

I have used Proactiv for nearly 10 years now and it is the only product that's worked for me. I tried Murad when it was "hot" in the market a while back but it literally burned my face and neck. I went to my aesthetician and she thought someone had lit a fire on my face. My skin was flaking and it hurt when I washed my face (the water would irritate my skin). Needless to say, that was $60 well spent since I learned the lesson that Murad was not for me.

There are tons of acne products out there -- it's a lot of trial and error to see what works for you. Proactiv is really great for all skin types -- and you can use it for 30 days with a money back guarantee -- even if you use it ALL, they will return your money (just return the empty bottles and tell them it didn't work for you). The doctors that formulated the product are that sure of the product -- so in essence, it's worth a try. If it doesn't clear your skin up, then return it for your money back. If it does work, then hey, it's a good deal.

Lisa
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
After con't 2 nights, the yellowish stuff in the pimples dried up~! The acne cures faster than ever!~

For preventive actions, use an suitable cleanser for your skin type, do more 'deep cleansing mask' , e.g. Zara mud mask, Jurlique mud mask... etc and avoid sleep late , avoid eating beef, chips and chocolate.
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
hello ming, how many time do you wash your face? me, i try to wash my face 3 times a day, but sometimes 2 times a day, with black bleaching soap, and then use whitening scrub.. after that, i apply depigmenting products to some of my acne scars.Smile
PDS123

Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="white_secrets"]hello ming, how many time do you wash your face? me, i try to wash my face 3 times a day, but sometimes 2 times a day, with black bleaching soap, and then use whitening scrub.. after that, i apply depigmenting products to some of my acne scars.Smile[/quote]

Hi,

I am interested in that black bleaching soap. Where can I find that at a good price.
Miss Sheep

Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Calla lily wrote:
I have oily and acne skin. My face is never clear of acne and blemishes. I try soooo many products and like Loreal, Nuskin, Biomedic but the result is the same. My acne keep on coming back and I always have acne marks on my face. I'm interested in Murad acne product line. I've read some good comments frm user of Murad. Anyone has ever tried Murad skincare before ? How effective is it ? Will it make my skin peel ? Will my acne comes back if I stop using Murad products ?

I personally don't suffer from bad acne, however, I have a friend who does. She used Junkisui from the Kose range to clear up the acne. The breakouts got worse the first week she started using the cream, however, it quickly cleared up after two weeks! If you live in Malaysia, it should be really easy to get Kose products. Try get sample from them, it may not work for you as different people have different reactions to product. I have known the products worked for two of my friends, all my other friends have really good skin.
purpledeli

Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Cally Lily,

Apart from Murad, I found philosophy hope in a bottle (moisturizer with Salicylic Acid) and on a clear day blemish gel are very useful. My pimples are gone and the marks are faded away.

Btw, Do you wear makeup? If yes, choose a right cleanser/makeup remover to clean your face properly. When I was young, I didn't realise the importance of cleansing. Although I washed my face twice a day and used makeup remover, all the dirt and sebum still sat on my face so I got yellowish skintone, blackheads and blemishes. After reading some articles about cleansing, I clean my face carefully especially if I wear makeup, then clean it again and use toner to remove the excess sebum and dead skin cells.

I am currently using Shu Uemura cleansing oil, Shiseido Perfect cleansing oil and Kose Sekkisei whitening toner. Think you can get them easily in Malaysia.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Murad for awhile. I just went to a skincare seminar and heard about Obagi. It is supposed to work wonders for acne scarred skin, and age/sun spots. It sounds like there is a bit of unpleasantness at first...redness and peeling. But, if it works...I'm willing to try it! You might want to check it out.
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Heard many sisters said Murad's products are good. Murad Hydration Set has been ordered. Really want to receive and try the items. Laughing
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Recently, EDS has discount about the hydrated set, about 50% off le...wonderful.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Can't say it enough - salicylic acid peels and DDf sulfur mask. I can't believe these two won't keep your acne away Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
i suffer from hormonal acne and have many scrs on my face. i have tried dermalogica's kits, exposed, md formulations nad murad, but they just didnt work for me...although the murad spot treatment is the only profuct that i have repurchased cos on smaller pimples, it works wonders.
im still in search for my HG acne treatment but PSF acne mud mask works well
i am trying to buy paula's choice too, its out of stock on their website, so i will have to wait Sad

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |