Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hello Ladies! Need help on my skin routine...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
white_angel
5% products discount

Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have extremely dehydrated skin (turning 25) all over my face ESPECIALLY my forehead where it feels tight all the time (no oil on my face at all!!!) but having to deal with this dehydration (very reactive as well) which is causing premature fine lines, i'm also very prone to clog pores especially my T-zone area (blackheads/congested). I'm so confused...don't know what to use...need to make some serious choice for a moisturizer that would cure this problem. I have come down to the following:
1) Phytomer Hydration Reinforce
2) Valmont 24 hour cream
3) Kiehl's Ultra facial moisturizer
4) Dr. H Quince Day cream
5) Orlane Creme Fluidratante Active Hydration
6) Decleor's Hydra Flora Creme

sidenote- I've tried masking everyday and i also exfoliate once/sometimes twice a week, i drink tons of water and take Omega 3 but nothing seems to help.

I'm definitely OPEN to any other suggestions, i would try anything to have this dehydration problem solved because i'm too young to have this problem...PLEASE HELP!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi White Angel
Speaking from my own personal experience (my 2 cents worth):
I, too, had dehydrated and dull skin, with some black heads and clogged pores.
What worked for me:
1. Vit C serum - it definitely clarifies the skin, and lessen wrinkles. If you have dry skin, I would recommend that you try Skinceuticals Vit C+E which is more nourishing (it should not leave your skin tight).
2. B5 Hydrating Gel - sometimes, it is not only the surface, but the internals - so attracting moisture beneath your skin would be good
3. You mentioned exfoliation - but did not specify chemical or physical. My experience is that we all need both. For chemical exfoliation, I find that using Cellex C's Smooth Skin Complex not only makes the skin smoother, it moisturises it. I use it in the night and usually wake up to a smoother and more glowing complexion. With the chemical exfoliation, you not only speed up cell rejuvenation, but also make your skin more receptive to the treatments.
4. For a more targeted treatment of fine lines, I find the Skinceuticals' Intense Line Defense good. The line between my brows is definitely less pronounced after I used this.
5. You can also try to jump start your skin with masks like Valmont's Renewing Pack (very good reviews) and Phytomer's Revitalising Mask ( I tried it - was very good too).
6. Email EDS directly and get more detailed recommendations if need be.

HTH
Jenny

white_angel
5% products discount

Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Jenny:) Thank you so much! I ordered B5 Hydrating Gel 2 days ago, hopefully that will help me with my condition and i'll for sure let you know the results too. Very Happy
And as for the vitmain C serum, i have the 10% stored in my fridge but i'm just waiting for the B5 Gel to arrive so i can use them together.
Just like you, I absolutely ADORE the Valmont Renewing Pack but i have never tried the Phytomer mask so i'm looking forward to trying it.
Thank you for your suggestion about the chemical exfoliation, i'll definitely look into it!

Nina;)
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |