Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BEAUTIFUL STREAKS OF GOLD IN LIFE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
ok yeh my name does not makes sense but that's how I am feeling right now!!!

Within the last 24 hours, this happend in my life...I got this position I wanted in school. The coordinator of the entire volunteer services centre! AND THEN, my MCAT score showed up (note..the test you need to take to apply to medical school) and I got in the 93 percentile!!! Which means that out of the tens of thousands of people that wrote the MCAT in August, only 7% are smarter than me hehehe! I am not bragging, guys! I don't want to come off sounding conceited Sad It's just that I spent FOUR SOLID months studying for it in the summer, from 7am to midnight EVERY single day and went out maybe twice and didn't get to travel or see my friends so I am so happy that the hardwork that almost drove me senile paid off!@!! well actually, this forum helped with the sanity in the summer Laughing This one test score basically determines whether or not I get to reach my dream of becoming a doctor *teary* I am sooo happy!! And now I can spend next summer doing something nice instead of studying whew!

AND THEN...I come on EDS...and I got a 50 dollar voucher to spend! Just before I was going to order a little something something to reward myself Laughing

Happy streak huh?!! I feel like I am high on happiness! Just wanted to share with everyone because you guys are the bestest people I've ever met on the internet Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
congrats !!! and yes a great streak that you've worked very very very hard for!!!!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! A gigantic congratulations to you and what a beautiful, enlightened way of looking at the positive things in life!!!

I am very proud of all your hard work and effort; enjoy your goodies. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats!! Certainly a very admirable achievement! You have every right to be proud of yourself. And the EDS voucher is the perfect icing on the cake!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
CONGRATULATIONS! Good Karma, that is what it is. What a perfect example of hard work pays off.

Now, I should team you off with my hubby so you can gloat together.. he was in the 97th percentile or something ridiculous like that when he took his TOEIC (test of English communication for non-native speakers) and he STILL reminds me of it. Laughing Mind you, yours is more impressive though!! 93rd percentile? I will visit your surgery when you become an MD! Very Happy

PS hmm ... you say you STUDIED from 7-midnight EVERY day? Hmmm... how did you find the time for EDS?! Laughing (oh, I just saw that you did not specifically say you were studying medicine for all those hours - I guess EDS can count as "study" too. Razz )

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Poofy, that's amazing! Good on you! You should be so proud of yourself ... I'm sure your friends and family are just beaming!

Please send a little of your good standardized test mojo my way - I'm going to be taking the LSAT and am shooting for at least a 170. I know a girl who was at UCLA with me and she scored a 175 on her LSAT (99th percentile - isn't that insane?) - yeah, she's at Harvard Law School right now! I made her rub my arm for good luck before she left!

Becoming a doctor is a long road and such a noble pursuit. The fact that you studied so hard and did so well on your MCAT is a good sign, because you are going to have to tap into that wonderful dedication you have while you're in med school and during your internship. What area of medicine are you looking toward? If you want to make a lot of $, you should focus on plastic surgery and set up a practice here in Southern California, which I swear is the plastic surgery capitol of the world!

You have had a wonderful, blessed day and I'm sure you deserved it - you obviously have good karma, not to mention amazing dedication.

So now do we address you as Dr. Poofy or Ms. Penguin, M.D.? How about P.B. Penguin, M.D.? Has a nice ring to it! Very Happy
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Dancing Dancing Dancing CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! and, well-done!!! the sky's the limit, girl!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
So now do we address you as Dr. Poofy or Ms. Penguin, M.D.? How about P.B. Penguin, M.D.? Has a nice ring to it! Very Happy

I love it! My vote is officially: P.B. Penguin, M.D. but familiarly: Dr. Poofy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
That's great, poofy!! Your hard work paid off...enjoy and thanks for sharing your happiness!! Smile
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
AWww Thanks everyone! So many good things are happening at once that I am getting a little scared now! To add to the um previous streaks of gold..this weekend is my birthday and my friends threw me a surprise birthday celebration and I got THREE cakes! How is that even possible Laughing

I can't wait to apply to medical school!everyone tells me I should specialize in dermatology because of my obsession with skincare hahah
People starts to look at me funny when I rant about how great EDS is Embarassed But I am actually thinking of oncology (cancer) because it is such a challenging field. You have to be so attentive to patient needs and family needs both physically and psychologically. And after that, my ultimate dream is to open up hospitals. Sounds a bit insane, but I can dream, can't I? Very Happy

Mermaidgirl - Good luck on your LSAT! When are you taking it? A score of 170 is a very competitive score and I'm sure you will get your pick of law schools! Let us know how it goes! I hear the LSAT is similar to the MCAT in that it also tests for critical thinking but with more emphasis on logic. You will be great! *lucky hug*

tiger_tim: WOW smart guy!!! He is allowed to gloat Cool Did you reward him with some new skincare? haha
I wish EDS would be considered studying lol In the summer, I'd take a break every 2 hours and go on EDS for 15minutes. It was the highlight of my day haha sad huh? But I actually enjoyed it!!

p.s. P.B. Penguin, M.D. rocks! By the way, everyone should go see the new penguin movie in November! It is called Happy Feet. It is about this penguin colony that insists on the male penguins sing to the females in order to find their soul mates. But this one penguin, Mumblez, can't sing but he sure can tap dance! He gets exiled...and you will have to see the rest of the movie to find out if Mumbles finds his soul mate and gets accepted into the penguin society again Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
congrats! happy birthday~
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations!!!!!!!! You should be very happy and proud of yourself!
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
AWESOME....you should be so proud...consider derm.....no call......no call...that will be important one day when you want a life, but it is a hard one to get, oncology is very noble and it takes someone special..and your user name sounds so CUTE !
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
babypenguin, congrats, i am so proud of you smart girl!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
What a great post...wonderful to hear that life is treating you so well! You've worked very hard and you totally deserve all the goodies that are coming your way...so just relax and enjoy! Cool

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Congratuations P.B. Penguin, M.D.! Laughing

Becoming a doctor is really a loooong road. I can't imagine going back to those years when I was still waiting for my BF to graduate from Med school......and now he's still in his internship year working 100 hours a week! Isn't it insane? Shock He says it's the craziest decision in his life in choosing medicine. Laughing

Well, dermatology sounds like a perfect specialty for you. Laughing Whatever your goal is, GO FOR IT!! Very Happy
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
...this weekend is my birthday and my friends threw me a surprise birthday celebration and I got THREE cakes! How is that even possible Laughing

I can't wait to apply to medical school!everyone tells me I should specialize in dermatology because of my obsession with skincare hahah
People starts to look at me funny when I rant about how great EDS is Embarassed But I am actually thinking of oncology (cancer) because it is such a challenging field. You have to be so attentive to patient needs and family needs both physically and psychologically. And after that, my ultimate dream is to open up hospitals. Sounds a bit insane, but I can dream, can't I? Very Happy

Mermaidgirl - Good luck on your LSAT! When are you taking it? A score of 170 is a very competitive score and I'm sure you will get your pick of law schools! Let us know how it goes! I hear the LSAT is similar to the MCAT in that it also tests for critical thinking but with more emphasis on logic. You will be great! *lucky hug*

tiger_tim: WOW smart guy!!! He is allowed to gloat Cool Did you reward him with some new skincare? haha
I wish EDS would be considered studying lol In the summer, I'd take a break every 2 hours and go on EDS for 15minutes. It was the highlight of my day haha sad huh? But I actually enjoyed it!!

p.s. P.B. Penguin, M.D. rocks! By the way, everyone should go see the new penguin movie in November! It is called Happy Feet. It is about this penguin colony that insists on the male penguins sing to the females in order to find their soul mates. But this one penguin, Mumblez, can't sing but he sure can tap dance! He gets exiled...and you will have to see the rest of the movie to find out if Mumbles finds his soul mate and gets accepted into the penguin society again Laughing

Dear P.B. Penguin, M.D.: First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Enjoy your birthday weekend! I hope you have a lot of fun with your friends and take lots of pictures to show us ... and you will remember this weekend fondly as the capper on a week of really wonderful things that happened in your life!

I was going to take the LSAT on 9/30, but decided against it because I'm still burned out from school (I just graduated UCLA in June). I'm not in any huge hurry, and will probably take it next June or October. My GPA is pretty good and if I can make the LSAT my biyotch, I'll be in good shape. Yes, the LSAT is similar to the MCAT as far as critical thinking but the logical reasoning and logic games sections of the test are KILLER!

The movie sounds like a lot of fun ... penguins are just so darned cute! I love the fact that they are such dapper dressers, always formally attired and ready for a grand event! You will have to post your movie review for us. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |