Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Mineral Fx by CoverFx (Cdn MMU)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just got an advertisement in Glow magazine that Cover Fx has come out with a loose mineral makeup called MineralFx.

It is not on the site yet. I did email and ask for a list of ingredients.

It is advertised as "100% pure mineral makeup" and shown as a powder.

Has anyone seen this in SDM or have more information?
Vana
5% products discount

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I bought it in Shoppers Drug Mart couple of months ago and I absolutely love it. My acne has cleared up since I started using. It is oil-free, 100% fragrance free, non-comogenic mineral make up. The coverage is good, but I had to buy their concealer too as I had lot of spots to cover. The best thing about it is that you can barely tell you have make up on. I have been getting lot of compliments.
Vana
5% products discount

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention that it was developed by a dermathologist from Toronto.
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I think the line was developed initially for patients with skin problems and disorders. The line is available at Shoppers.

A while ago, I was interested in the product and wanted to try some once. The girl at Shoppers did a horrible job. She insisted on putting the make up ALL over my face, even though at that time, I was peeling from topical Vit A cream and did NOT want to have makeup all over.

I don't know it was the make up or her application of it on my face. But I thought it felt heavy and looked unnatural.

It was one of my worst shopping experiences.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
She probably did not know what she was doing because I also had it done in SDM the first time and it looked good so I bought it. Also, it is very important to use a good brush to apply it and even it out. Or you can use the little applicator sponges that come with it and then use a good brush to even it out (this is if you want more coverage).
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using their Powder Foundation and I think that it does even out skintone and redness a bit. In terms of breakouts, I guess it's about the same...doesn't seem to aggravate it. I also tried their Concealer Cream and it does give nice coverage but I found it too oily. I realized that if u apply the Powder Foundation with a brush, it goes on much better.

yeah those SDM ladies don't seem to know what they're doing when they applied the foundation on me. They applied way too much and I look like I'm wearing a mask or something. I achieved better results by doing it myself.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have listed the ingredients in Mineral FX below for you, and it does
contain Bismuth Oxychloride. We consider this product to be sheer to
medium coverage depending upon how much coverage the consumer chooses to
build. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Active Ingredients:
Zinc Oxide 20%
Titanium Dioxide 20%

Ingredients:
Mica
Bismuth Oxychloride
Iron Oxide
Sodium Benzoate
Sodium Dehydroacetic Acid
Benzethonium Chloride

May Contain:
Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)
Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

I have noticed this contains bismuth; might be a problem for some.
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
i've started using this product, i find it works better & more natural when applied with a brush. it comes with this sponge applicator, and i find it looks more made-up... also, i find that its costly (close to 40cad) but it doesnt have much in there, mostly paying for packaging. plus, its extremely hard to find the right color, it took me & the SDM SA to figure out a color, but when i started using in the mornings, i noticed its much darker than my skin color... Rolling Eyes (i got 2 since there was a 20x event, so now i've got to use up 2 of a darker MMU...)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
btw, i've also used the powder mmu foundation...i find it rather drying, and it was reli itchy, so i kept spraying my jurlique rose water to soothe it out...i only had the makeup on for 2 hrs, later i find that i had an allergic reaction underneath as i was the makeup off.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Hauschka Night Serum (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |