Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eye Cream with Retinol?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Okay, so now I am torn between the retrinal and the emulsion. I would also prefer a gel Molly, but I didn't see one sold by avene ystheal. I suppose I would start with the 0.025 percent. Is that going to do anything? I used retinol before with obagi, but it was 0.1 percent and my face bout peeled off. And thats no joke. It was horrible. I didn't realize the doctor was serious when she said use sparingly.
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies who have used Avene Ystheal Gel...can I use this for my eyes in addition to my face, or must I get a separate product (in this case the Avene Ystheal+ Eye Gel?)

I have oily and acne-prone skin.

TIA!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Okay - I couldn't wait and tried the Retrinal products last night. One other disadvantage of Retrinal is that it comes in tubes (albeit with very long, very thin spouts at least), whereas Ystheal comes in pump bottles (better preservation).

I experienced no stinging or irritation, and I applied both immediately after cleansing my face. I always had to wait quite a while before applying SC Retinol or prescription retinoids, and even then they irritated my skin and caused a lot of flaking, etc. God bless Avene!

It's true, Retrinal is less emollient than Ystheal.

I used Retrinal .05% around my eyes. It spreads more easily than the .1% I used on my face. In fact, the .1% was rather difficult to spread, unlike Ystheal Emulsion, and I ended up using more product to cover my face and neck. It must be that the weaker strengths are designed to be more emollient because it's figured that dryer-skinned people use these, and oilier skins use the stronger formulae.

I don't know what I was thinking when I said earlier I could compare this with SC Retinol .5%, which is 5-10 times stronger than my Retrinal products. I seriously doubt that I'll molt using this stuff since it's still relatively mild. I apologize for being a Nervous Nellie (and poor mathematician) last night!

Hi Poppy - I think I read on the forum a while back that Avene Ystheal Gel was being phased out and that supplies are limited.

I'm interested in the newer Avene Eluage range (also a retinaldehyde line) -- has anyone tried it yet? I think it's supposed to include pre-tocopheryl as well as hyaluronic acid, and so would be more suitable for mature skin.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I use Ystheal+ eye gel mainly because I bought 2 pumps. It has a nice texture but after I've finished the pumps, I'll continue with Ystheal cream.

For the rest of my face, I switch off between Ystheal cream (heavier) and Ystheal gel and Diacnel (which I can't tolerate every night).

Below are notes I've copied - can't vouch for accuracy.

Ystheal+ gel
is being discontinued. Many of the Avene products are similar but marketed for different purposess so the pricing was very different.
Ystheal Gel is a 0.05% retinaldehyde gel intended for oily skin and may be better-suited for acne-prone skins than Ystheal Creme. It may also be more potent due to the presence of alcohol, a penetration enhancer.
ingredients: Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, PEG-12, Alcohol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, BHT, Methylparaben, Retinal (retinaldehyde), sorbic acid, tocopheryl acetate, triethanolamine.

Diacnel is a great option if you want glycolic acid. It contains 0.1% retinaldehyde and 6% glycolic acid and is the most potent retinaldehyde formulation available.
ingredients: aqua, cetyl alcohol, cyclomethicone, polysorbate 60, glycolic acid, alcohol, sodium hydroxide, BHT, dimethiconol, fragrance, polymethyl methacrylate, potassium sorbate, RED 33 (CI 17200), retinaldehyde.

I have a sample of Eluage but haven't tried it yet. It's expensive because it's marketed as anti-aging (vs. Diacnel which is marketed as acne treatment).Ingredients Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Triethylhexanoin, Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, BHT, Butylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Fragance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Red 33 (CI 17200), Retinal, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thiethanolamine.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've asked my sister to look for some Eluage when she goes to Marsaille this WE.

I am liking the Avene retinol gel as I get absolutely no irritation.
I am starting to see some improvements around my eyes which is very encouraging.
Also, using the 10% lactic acid is helping my lip lines after just a few weeks use.

I want to try the Eluage to see if it is even better than the gel.
I am a bit of a sucker for buying new products but I think these new ones that I've got are actually going to work.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Emma, definitely keeps us posted on the Eluage. I'd like to add that to my collection. Glad you're having some success Smile
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
My sis is also in Europe for vacation this week and I have asked her to get me Avene Diacneal and Ystheal+ Eye Gel. If the latter is being discontinued I will probably ask her to get me Eluage instead...

Thanks so much for all the information!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Poppy - The Tubotica site says that it's been discontinued but I think there's a good chance there is a big supply still in pharmacies and other stores. I was on Tubotica a few weeks ago and they still had a good quantity.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Yes Emma, definitely keeps us posted on the Eluage. I'd like to add that to my collection. Glad you're having some success Smile

I certainly will Molly.

I am very pleased with the way my skin is looking after starting my new regime.

My skin loves trhe PSF Vitamin C (12%).
The emu and HA is perfect moituriser for my skin - it was initially not enough but I think that my skin needed to get used to a change. I also try to drink more water.

I am also ordering Ice Elements 2MM and Blacberry Fusion Mask.
Shelly is a lovely person to deal with from there.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |