Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:REVIEW: My Haba review can wait no longer...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
So I wanted to hold of on reviewing my newest acquisition in the field of skincare til I gave it a good week. I will update this after a few more weeks but I wanted to give a preliminary assessment. Oh my gosh, I sound way too scientific.

Anyhow, I have been using Yonka Gel Nettoyant since July (and I still have some left, use it in the shower...still really love this cleanser. Sad that EDS doesn't ship it to the States but that's okay) and decided I wanted more exfoliation. While I was online, I remembered that I wanted to order Sofina Nuance Up (before I decided to do it off of ebay) and googled it...and came to a website called bobodave.com (out of HK I believe). They had tons of different skincare lines like SK II, Kose (tried it, didn't like it) and then Haba caught my eye. I read that they don't have additives or parabens and it sparked my interest. I noticed that their prices weren't too bad, but I decided to head to MUA to see if there were any reviews on it.

The first three products that come up in Haba reviews were Powder Wash, VC Lotion, and White Lady (Fair Lady in the US).
The Powder Wash received an 83% rating, the VC Lotion received 91% and the White Lady (Fair Lady) 84%.

POWDER WASH:

I read through all the reviews (of which you'll see mine at the top now!) and despite the few negatives, decided it was something I wanted to try. At 18 bucks, I couldn't lose really. Much better than the 35 I paid for Fresh Rice powder wash. I really like the concept of powder washes. And you can take it on the plane no problem since it's not a liquid. They last a long time. You take a very little amount, after moistening your face, and apply. It actually foams up a bit and cleanses very well. My only thing is that I might have to get an eye makeup remover separately due to the type of stuff I wear, which I don't mind. It makes my skin really soft and smooth.

VC LOTION:

This is great, it's more expensive than you would assume, 33 bucks, but it is amazing how great my skin feels after this. Not dry in the least. I don't use a cotton ball, instead I put it in my hand and apply that way so as not to waste as much. I love the PWash VCLotion combo!

WHITE LADY (FAIR LADY):

This is my first Vitamin C serum (6%) and I bought the smaller, 10ml at 14 dollars. (They have a 30 for 39, not much difference in cost per ml) The texture is wonderful, not the least bit sticky and soaks in really well. I was regretting not buying the larger bottle but it is not stable (since they don't incorporate additives and preservatives) so it must be used within 3 months of opening, therefore I'd argue the smaller size is better. A review or two mentioned it might be difficult to finish before it expires. The best thing to do would to buy a few small bottles at a time. You actually use this IN BETWEEN cleansing and toning. After all three my skin is very soft.

THE RESULTS:

If any of you recall my post a few weeks back about terrible breakouts after switching my BC...this got rid of it in a WEEK!!!! My redness around my nose has started to subside and my acne scars are actually started to become less noticable. I'm very pleased! I'm going to update this in a few weeks as I'm hoping it's not a fluke or coincidence. I've still been using my Mario Badescu (which didn't do much during that time) but I've just recently order JB Blemish clearing serum to simplify my night routine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
OooOoo this sounds really cool! Do you happen to have the ingred. for the PW and toner? Also what is the packaging like and what do you mean you use the VC inbetween cleansing and toning?

???????????????? Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
The Powder Wash:
TALC, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, SODIUM LAURYL PHOSPHATE, SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, LAURYL BETAINE, SODIUM LAUROYL METHYLAMINOPROPINATE, WATER, SQUALANE, PAPAIN (derived from papaya)

I noticed it had Sodium Lauryl phosphate (NOT sulfate..aka SLS)...this is different. And the Papain is an exfoliant.

It has no parabens and no scent unlike some of the other powder washes I have tried. The packaging is nice because it's easy to get just a little bit, it doesn't all dump out in your hand.

The VC Lotion:
WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, ALCOHOL, MULBERRY EXTRACT, PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) LEAF EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE, SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM RIBOFLAVIN PHOSPHATE

It has alcohol in it but you'd never know becuase it doesn't dry me out at all.

I got freaked out when I saw Butylene glycol (sounds intense), but then I looked it up: "An organic humectant (promotes the retention of moisture in the skin)" I really like their packaging. It has an applicator like tip so it drips out slowly, so you can't over do it, or dump a ton out by accident.

White Lady (Fair Lady in US):
WATER, SASA KURILENSIS WATER, GLYCERIN, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, CITRIC ACID, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE

Not as natural sounding as I would have liked, but they don't use parabens (though some of their ingredients have preservative qualities) or additives, no fragrances, etc. Their products get good reviews and I've been happy thus far. I can't believe how smooth my face feels...I've had alot of redness forever and that's even clearing up. My acne scars from middle school are disappearing. It's funny they never really bothered me...I didn't really pay attention to them until they started disappearing. I even got a compliment today on my skin (i NEVER get that!)

I wash my face with the powder wash, then I put on the serum, then the toner (which to me it would seem the serum would go on last) but Haba recommends it go on between washing and toning. My face feels unbelievable afterwards. I read on a review that she felt that not alot of people really know about Haba and that's why there doesn't seem to be alot of experience with it.

<crossing my fingers that someone doesn't find some sort of cancer causing ingredient or something...haha>

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
FYI...the G Lotion (another toner) is alcohol free.
The company says the powder wash is close to the ph level of your skin.

I also found this review on a blog:
http://www.oregonlive.com/weblogs/print.ssf?/mtlogs/olive_toptips/archives/print069239.html

it's from last year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
UPDATE:
I've been using the Powder Wash, VC Lotion and Fair Lady for a month and am still pleased as pie Very Happy
I can't believe how long my Powder Wash will last. I've since received my new Vitamin C serum (thanks Candessence!!!) today and will be phasing out the Fair Lady to see if I can use any serum with the other two products (it will be quite the jump from 6% to 25%, we'll see what happens).
I wash my face twice a day, once when I get out of the shower, and apply the toner afterwards. Then at night I wash before bed, serum, then toner (as suggested) and my skin is loving it. My skin is smoother, and never tight after I wash it, unlike other cleansers I've tried. I think my old Yonka Nettoyant will always be a favorite, but I absolutely love washing with a powder as it exfoliates and smooths, then foams up leaving my face soft Smile
I'm still a fan and will continue to use this line. I really agree with the review I read on MUA, not enough people know about it, hence it's not widely reviewed. It's very economical and I'm still a happy kid!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
yes, HABA is great stuff !

the VC lotion has whitening properties ( which we HKers are crazy about) coz it is said to have vitamin C.

their other lotion, G lotion, is another great product, and with an excellent function which we love --- its calming properties.

Whenever i get a reaction out of using a new skincare product, and my cheeks are reddened, and i have little bumps. What can calm it ? G lotion !! what i'll do is i will do a lotion mask, but soaking up a compressed paper mask pill with G lotion, and apply the paper mask on my face for about 10 mins.

G lotion ALWAYS calm my skin, and redness are GONE INSTANTLY !!

i have 1 G lotion on my dressing table, and 1 in my stash just in case i run out.......

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
HABA FL C Serum was my first C serum. I do agree, the texture is very nice, just like water! Loved it.. then switched to DHC, loved that even more.. Now I'm using PSF 20% C Serum.
joseibi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I personally believe that HABA is one of the most underrated brands there ever was. I also prefer it to Fancl.

My HG makeup remover is their cleansing oil. It's 1/3 squalane and does not dry your skin, and requires no separate cleansing (usually you need to use a foam cleanser after to completely cleanse your skin), because it does not leave any residue.

I also used their Squalane, and when used correctly, it's honestly the best facial oil ever. It doesn't feel oily at all if you use it correctly!
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 12, 2024 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |