Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ok, call me Carrot top
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Help, here's my hair issue:

I have semi-curly, dark auburn hair BUT after a few days of working in the flower garden Cool just the top of my head lightens to a medium auburn. Surprised

I do try wearing a hat or baseball cap while outside, but my head begins to sweat and itch and feel yuck. Sad

What can I do to stop my carrot top head Smile
Mabsy

Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Fantasia,

The sun is actually quite effective at bleaching hair (though I didn't think it was that fast at it!). I don't know if you can get these where you are but I do seem to recall that in Australia there are (or at least used to be) special products for hair that were supposed to block damaging sun/environmental (read: beach - sun & salt) effects. I used to use a leave-in conditioner spray before I went to the beach and it did help a lot judging by the condition of my hair afterward (as compared to without the product).

Perhaps it's something you might look into?

Mabsy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I appreciate you taking the time to reply, Mabsy.

I wonder too if my hair is quicker at lightening on top b/c it's getting ready to turn gray??? eeeeekkkk, eeeeekkk, not yet - not even in my 30's yet. (please don't take offense anyone Smile)

I will certainly give what you recommended a try - Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:20 am      Reply with quote
You need to use a leave-in conditioner or use styling products with SPF. Normally this is marketed to prevent your color-processed hair from fading from too much sun exposure, but the principal is the same!

(Yeah, I realize this is about 9 months too late, but maybe this advice help next spring/summer!)

Carrie
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Carrie have you sooooo much spare time that you go through all the lists? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I CA Botana's

Sea Enzyme Moisturizing Mist Spray 8.4 fl.oz. $13.00

The ultimate skin and hair moisturizer formulated from natural seawater and enzymes of sea algae. A sunscreen has also been added for outdoor protection. Sea Enzyme Moisturizing Mist is ideal for both men and women and is the perfect skin and hair moisturizer for every job type. The special blend of herbal extracts, enzymes, humectants and proteins help in many ways to prevent the bleaching of colored hair while at the same time, increasing the moisture balance.

I started using this several years ago. It really helps my tinted hair from fading and it not greasy. Excellent product and not expensive.

http://www.ca-botana.com/product.php?id=9947&cat=26
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |