Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cetaphil Facial Wash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
zindrella
5% products discount

Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I know everyone probably knows about this product already, but I have to mention it again for any younger ladies out that there might not know about it. If you are looking for a mild facial wash that you can use twice per day with excellent results, then look no further than Cetaphil.

For me and many of my friends, Cetaphil is one of the VERY few products out there that washes well but also maintains a very nice balance of (healthy and needed) oil on the skin.

It's not too powerful like some products that leave your face red and irritated (Neutrogena facial wash, are you listening?). It's also not packed full of "moisturizers" that leave your face overburdened and slick feeling.

In summary, it does what it is supposed to do. Wash without any bad effects...oops, I should say the one bad effect is on your pocketbook: It's not cheap.
zindrella
5% products discount

Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.
beautyquest

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
This product was recommended to me by a dermatologist and I never bought it. I recently purchased and boy do I love this product. I wished that I had listen to him sooner.
zindrella
5% products discount

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
beautyquest wrote:
This product was recommended to me by a dermatologist and I never bought it. I recently purchased and boy do I love this product. I wished that I had listen to him sooner.

And look at the ingredient list. It is so simple! Why can't other manufacturers just copy it and give it a new name? I'm not encouraging cheating by competitors, but it just strikes me as weird that the other makers never can seem to get such a simple thing correct. They either add tons of weird stuff, or some heavy fragrance, or whatever...in general, just messing up a good simple effective product formula.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:28 am      Reply with quote
I do not like this cleanser....
I purchased a 500ml bottle from HK. The price was impressive-about 13 USD. But this cleanser is too gentle to remove my makeup.
But it's really very very easy to be washed off.
Besides, each time I should use a large amount, because it do not generate any bubble.
zindrella
5% products discount

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
I purchased a 500ml bottle from HK. The price was impressive-about 13 USD. But this cleanser is too gentle to remove my makeup.
Besides, each time I should use a large amount, because it do not generate any bubble.

Sorry you don't like it as much as I do. I don't use it for makeup removal (I use baby oil for that before washing). I should also mention that you should not be too concerned about the amount of bubbles. Bubbles do nothing much to increase the cleaning ability of a facial wash. They are only there because consumers like to see them. So the manufacturers add something called foaming agent to create the bubbles. All the other ingredients are the same. So just because something doesn't have bubbles, doesn't mean it is not cleaning or working properly. At least that is what a chemist friend of mine explained to me once.
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
It's definitely not good for makeup removal, but if you're using another product for that, it is an excellent gentle cleanser. It would also be good to use in the morning when makeup removal isn't a issue (well, hopefully!).
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Though it's definitely not good for makeup removal, but it can clean base .It would also be good to use in the morning.And my husband is also use it ,because it is cheap and geniality.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I use it as a daily cleanser but not as a makeup remover, but some of my friends do. They apply a lot of the cleanser and gently massage to get off face makeup.
saring
5% products discount

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, I don't like either. Crying or Very sad I didn't feel clean after every used , maybe because I really like foam cleanser.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
It is indeed very cheap, also very good and I enjoy a mild cleanser

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Not really into this cleanser either. Used it as a teen/young woman and it just didn;t seem to give me any benefits. As much as doctors told me to use it. Guhh I guess I was complaining about my skin then too. hmm
Same thing with Spectrogel, that one did not control my pimples or oil (lame overall). Actually now that I remember Cetaphil used to sting my face. Not so gentle for everyone, I guess.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
i am combination to oily skin and this face wash cream can not wash all the oil from my skin and i feel not cleaning enough. donot like it1~
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Although Cetaphil is a gentle cleanser, it can't remove my makeup and it doesn't feel like it gets my skin clean.

I love Borghese Kirkland Signature Pure Moisturizing Cleanser which has a creamy and gentle texture and feels a bit like Cetaphil. But the result is 100x better !!!

Borghese Kirkland Signature
Cleanser is a wonderful cleanser remove all my makeup (even mascara) , leaves my skin clean and super soft without drying my skin. Two thumbs up!!!
gonatural
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I like this face wash as well. Both my teenagers use it too. Very gentle. Normally I use the one for all skin types but I just accidentally bought the one for normal to oily skin. Leave my face a little tighter feeling but not dry. So those of you who don't feel like it get your skin clean enough might try this one. True is doesn't foam up a lot but clenses well. Actually the some of the ingredients used to make products foam are not good for skin or hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Cetaphil gentle cleanser for about a year and love it. I use it to remove make-up (I use MMU) with no problem. I wash my face with the cleanser then rinse. Follow that with a scrub then I rinse that off with a microfibre cloth. Cleans deep without drying my skin. I wish I had read about using this cleanser earlier, because I used to use all the acne washes that would end up drying out my skin which was just making the problem worse.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love Cetaphil also.

When I want to really deep clean my pores, I just add a tsp of white cornmeal to a squirt of Cetaphil, apply to nice warm/moist face, and use a face brush for a few minutes. (Not for those with very dry skin.)

For occassional toning, nothing beats a few drops of apple cider vinegar in a bit of water..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
zindrella wrote:
flyflyonly wrote:

Sorry you don't like it as much as I do. I don't use it for makeup removal (I use baby oil for that before washing). I should also mention that you should not be too concerned about the amount of bubbles. Bubbles do nothing much to increase the cleaning ability of a facial wash. They are only there because consumers like to see them. So the manufacturers add something called foaming agent to create the bubbles. All the other ingredients are the same. So just because something doesn't have bubbles, doesn't mean it is not cleaning or working properly. At least that is what a chemist friend of mine explained to me once.

I should also mention that you should not be too concerned about the amount of bubbles. Bubbles do nothing much to increase the cleaning ability of a facial wash. They are only there because consumers like to see them.

I agree with your opinion

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Will admit I am a Cetaphil girl as well....

I have severely dry skin and just about any kind of cleanser will leave me feeling like I could quarter bounce off my face. This has been a life saver. I venture off and try others but keep coming back to the old reliable.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm also not a fan of this product. It's a tad too gentle on the skin and leaves my face very sticky. As Gonatural said, the one for oily skin gives a much tighter feeling and is much better IMHO. I also sometimes use it as a body cleanser (on days when I don't sweat Laughing )

I just looked at the ingredients list Zinderella posted. I'm surprised it has SLS. I thought that is a huge no-no in cleansers?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
SLS is not a good thing in cleanser. I'm surprised Cetaphil has it since when I tried it, it left my face feeling grimey. It did not feel clean.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
there are two kinds of cleanser.
gentle cleanser and facial cleanser
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Many drugstores offer a storebrand named version of this cleanser with identical ingredient list. I believe they are acutually made by the same manufacture but labled different for different price points. I always go for those to save an extra buck or two. Would you do the same?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have used for a long time as a morning time cleanser (since it does not remove SS/MU well). Recently I switched to Cerave which I am liking better but have not totally written off Cetaphil.
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
this cleaser is quite famous for its gentleness

Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |