Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What should I do with this HAIR???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Okay, sorry to be a thread hog...but ds is sleeping and I need some hair remedy advice. I've been trying to think of how to get my long frizzy dry hair back to life again. I really don't want to cut it all off, I don't suit short hair AT ALL! If you have seen my pic in the previous thread, you will see that it is lighter on the sides, which is fried and full of breakage btw...but everytime I do a conditioning treatment, the underneath gets so limp and greasy. I was thinking maybe a good layered cut and a colour...what do you think I should do? Any advice appreciated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moosette!

I would def suggest getting a trim but, no need to cut it all off! Maybe a 2 inch trim that should do the job. I have been doing hot jojoba oil treatments to keep my hair in shape, I really like it because I dont get the greasy issues you described. A really good conditioner to try that smells SO good is TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock. Love this stuff, my hair isnt really curly but it does an excellent job of softening and never gets heavy. You can use it everyday too! I think you can get it for 10 bucks for 8oz on Amazon.
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi wave Vonstella! Very Happy I will have to try that conditioner, I think they have it at shoppers drug mart.
How do you do the hot jojoba treatments? Do you warm jojoba up and work it through your hair and just leave it for awhile?Sorry I'm not too familiar with this treatment! Thanks so much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I warm it, work it thru, let it sit for about an hour, shampoo as usual. I do it about every week or so. A shower cap keeps it mess free but dosent look very sexy! Laughing
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Moosette -- we have so many of the same problems! Laughing

I'm thinking it's time for me to get a trim too (it's been six months). My hair is looking pretty frizzy lately and I think this will help.

Have you guys been dealing with your hair falling out? Geez. It's really bad for me this time around. I have a thick head of hair and with my first two kids I didn't get much hair loss but, now, wow! I pull out huge handfulls of hair everyday. (Reid does his best to help me as well, the little bugger! One of his favorite activities now is to grab a handful and suck on it contentedly. Sometimes I just let him and roll my eyes while he does it. Is that love or what?? Wink ) My hairs going to look oh so lovely with all these short hairs when it starts to grow back.
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ellyp! Yes, all our problems must be related to the post pregnancy thing! I finally stopped shedding, thank God, because I thought if I lost anymore hair, I would be bald Shock Now its time for a good trim...and I was thinking I might get a colour too since I've noticed a few greys (motherhood related?) popping up and I would really like to get rid of that lighter colour on top that is bleached out from the sun. I think its time that us mommies started to treat ourselves to some much needed pampering! I haven't done anything in 6 months, aside from a little trim, so I'm feeling pretty frumpy right now Sad
I would also like to look half decent for some family photos we plan on taking soon...we want to capture our little man before his first year professionally, time has a way of passing us by too quickly... and maybe make some pics into xmas cards to send to family and relatives! Very Happy

Speaking of Xmas...do you have any clue
what an 8 month old would enjoy? hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
moosette wrote:
I think its time that us mommies started to treat ourselves to some much needed pampering! Who can afford it???
I'm feeling pretty frumpy right now Sad
"Frumpy" has become my middle name lately. I did go out and blow my budget on Saturday by buying a few items that actually fit me. My husband couldn't stop looking at me, he was so pleased! Very Happy Speaking of Xmas...do you have any clue
what an 8 month old would enjoy? hmm
Walker type stuff. The stuff like shopping carts, little lawnmowers, etc. They just looooove that stuff once they start walking!

Very Happy
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
The delivery box the the toys will come in (just like the Master Care ad)! Laughing Laughing

My friend mentioned she mixed castor oil with some essential oils and massaged it into her scalp. She mentioned that her hair actually grew significantly faster. Perhaps that could help with hair loss and hair conditioning?
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
The delivery box the the toys will come in (just like the Master Care ad)! Laughing Laughing

My friend mentioned she mixed castor oil with some essential oils and massaged it into her scalp. She mentioned that her hair actually grew significantly faster. Perhaps that could help with hair loss and hair conditioning?

You are so right about the boxes! We have hardly bought any bath toys because we have found so many misc. items and empty bottles that the boys have so much fun with. Who needs to spend a fortune?

Thanks for the tips about castor oil. I never thought of using it on my hair like that but I've read enough (esp. from carekate) about how good it is for lashes that it makes sense to use it on my head too! I will try to make up a special blend and do it weekly. I'm pulling out too much hair these days. It will at least make me feel better if I am being proactive about the issue...
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
ellyp wrote:
cuppre wrote:

You are so right about the boxes! We have hardly bought any bath toys because we have found so many misc. items and empty bottles that the boys have so much fun with. Who needs to spend a fortune?

Thanks for the tips about castor oil. I never thought of using it on my hair like that but I've read enough (esp. from carekate) about how good it is for lashes that it makes sense to use it on my head too! I will try to make up a special blend and do it weekly. I'm pulling out too much hair these days. It will at least make me feel better if I am being proactive about the issue...

The cutest thing about kids is that they have so much imagination Very Happy. Even the cardboard box is a source of endless fascination (making it easier for the parents Laughing).

I hope the castor oil + essential oil mix works! Plus it should make your hair nice and soft. Plus massage is good for scalp circulation and that could also help with follicle health.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Moosette, I too have hair probs, my hair is 5in below my shoulder and was looking dry and frazzled after hair loss from hormonal issues and anesthesia side effects. I've been using alot of hair vits, oils, masks, better shampoos and conditioners and finally it's starting to look better. This week I followed Carekate's advice about the shine product from Sally's and does it ever work. My hair is healthier looking, shinnier and looks and feels thicker, yeah, yeah. If you haven't tried it, give it a go.
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Take MVI and Calcium
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain,

Could you tell me which products you used or the link to carekate's advice? Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |