Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help...! Urgent remedy needed for bumps!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure why but I am plagued by masses of bumps at the moment. Well I have a suspicion, I have been wearing foundation recently and my current cleansing balm does not take my make up off properly. I now have some spots too. Grr!!

I have some important outings this week and also this situation is v depressing so I need a quick fix solution. Please help..!!

I would rather avoid buying any new products right now and find something from what I already have (although I am planning to buy some Eve Lom cleansing balm soon as I used to have great skin when I used it as a make up remover earlier this year - or go onto OCM - for now I am avoiding make up)

The reluctance to buy new products is partly money (anything I need in a hurry basically means Space NK prices) and partly I am worried about adding too many new products in. However, I'll mention that less than 4 mins walk away is a great healthfood shop where I can get stuff like HA serum or lotion and jojoba oil for reasonable prices (as I have seen these things mentioned on here).

Current routine:
AM:
- Organic Pharmacy Rose Gel or Peter Thomas Roth 3% glycolic face wash
- Organic Pharmacy Rose spritz
- Organic Pharmacy double rose rejevenating (light fluid texture)

PM:
- Organic Pharmacy carrot balm with muslin cloth for make up removal (though this is shortly being put up on MUA swaps, though Im tempted to chuck it through their shop window)
- Peter Thomas Roth gentle correction pad or two
- Peter Thomas Roth 10% glycolic hydrating lotion
(eyes - Peter Thomas Roth oxygen eye cream)

2 times a week Organic Pharmacy seaweed and clay mask.
3-4 nights a month Decleor Essential Balm

These are the other things I have to hand that I could use:
Peter Thomas Roth max sheer day cream
Peter Thomas Roth oxygen mask
IS clinical active serum - 2 samples
Decleor ylang ylang oil - 2 samples
Decleor ylang ylang balm - 2 samples
Juice beauty - blemish clearing serum - 1 sample
Lavender oil
Rose hip oil
Soluble aspirin

What shall I do? Just use the PTR products and hope the glycolics sort out (but this might be too drying?) Or just do gentle cleansing and then put some decleor oil/balm on (but then my skin's not getting exfoliation)?
I tried some ylang ylang on its own today. Is that enough as a moisturiser?
I am tempted try the ISC active serum but doesn't it need something else on afterwards? Is it ok to use the PTR hydrating lotion afterwards or is that too much chemical stuff together?

Thanks.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Try the aspirin mask. I also sometimes do Carekate super sonic one - I mix brown sugar with aspirin and add a dollop of sour cream. Good luck
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Try the aspirin mask. I also sometimes do Carekate super sonic one - I mix brown sugar with aspirin and add a dollop of sour cream. Good luck

I second this! Something else from the DIY thread, If you can afford it pick of some ACV too and use it as a toner. Good luck!
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I would go ahead and buy the Eve Lom, or at least go to Space NK and get samples of the cleanser and rescue mask to tide you over until you can afford to buy them.

The sooner you clean your face with the Eve Lom and muslin then use the rescue mask, the sooner your bumps will be on the way to disappearing.

I hope the OP has a refund policy so you can chuck the carrot cleanser right back at them and get your money back!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Ooh thanks girls, yes I will try aspirin mask in one of the interesting combos..!

Any thoughts on my routine? Should I omit the glycolics till my skin calms down or carry on using them to help the situation?

stellamaris, you are right, I am going to get a pot of Eve Lom and get a couple of samples of Rescue Mask. That should help. I was planning that purchase anyway, a good cleanser is an 'essential'. I was just trying to avoid high ticket purchases, particularly stuff that costs twice as much as it does on EDS!

Organic Pharmacy on their site just say return within 14 days in original condition so I don't think I can take it back. Probably they are scared of the amount of returns they would have!
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:58 am      Reply with quote
They want it returned in "original condition'? This means unused, I assume? Then how would you know you wanted to return it?
Doesn't sound like very good customer service to me!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Ok I used the aspirin mask this morning. Feels nice on I didn't notice any big improvement but let's see. I just used a wet muslin cloth afterwards and after 10 mins put a couple of drops of ylang ylang on.

Just looked at my skin and the surface looks dry. I don't know what best to use to hydrate it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
In addition to making/using a variation of my Super Sonic mask as previously recommended by Agent-OO-Cat and Dealated and making some ACV toner, I would also suggest that you use your Lavender EO as a spot-treatment, you can safely apply it directly to the bumps without diluting it in a carrier oil – this will kill the zits very quickly.

You’ll want to moisturize those areas afterwards with a bit of your RoseHip oil or another light-textured oil. Skip Jojoba oil as it can aggrevate acne and clog pores. Instead go for Grapeseed oil, Safflower or Sunflower oil, Sesame oil, or – if you can easily find it – Emu oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Ooh thanks carekate. I will try your supersonic mask.

Is rosehip oil ok to use on its own?
The rosehip oil I have got (cold pressed from Organic Pharmacy) seems *really* thick.

I also have some 'toasted sesame oil' in my kitchen cupboard, would that do? Or do i need a special one from the health food shop?
What about sweet almond oil? I have some of that.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Sweet almond oil will work. I’m not sure about the toasted Sesame...you’d have to check the ingredients to see if it contains anything else, but I’m thinking it probably wouldn’t work as well as a simple cold-pressed sesame....

Regarding the RHO, I would go ahead and use it as a spot moisturizer after you apply the Lavender EO to the bumps – or you could mix some Rose Hip oil with a few drops of lavender oil and use it as a spot treatment directly on the bumps instead: the Lavender will kill the bacteria and dry the spots while the RHO will prevent them from becoming over-dried (so the skin won’t get flaky as it heals).

If you have a small container or bottle, you could mix say 1 Tbs RHO with 25 drops of Lavender oil and keep it as a spot treatment for now and in the future when you feel a bump coming on.

If you are prone to these type of breakouts, you might also think about trying the homemade Yonka Emulsion Pure, which is a miracle for taking care of those horrid, “subterranean” bumps that get really sore but don’t ever seem to come to a “head” so that you can purge the gunk out. The homemade Emulsion Pure will do one of two things: it’ll either completely stop the bump in its tracks so that by the next morning it has all but faded into a bad memory, or else it will – within an hour of treatment – bring the bump to a head so that you can purge the debris from the pore and then apply additional EP to the spot to quickly fade it. It’s truly wonderful stuff!

I doubt you can find all the ingredients for the Emulsion Pure at your local health food store so the Lavender/RHO spot treatment will work in your current urgent situation, but I find it’s always good to have a bottle of homemade Emulsion Pure on hand to deal with future breakouts. If you (or anyone else!) don’t want to go to the expense of buying all the necessary ingredients to make your own, I’d be happy to make you a bottle and ship it to you for a nominal fee – as is the case with any of the homemade recipes that I have posted – so just PM me to work something out.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Mask (15 ml  / .5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |