Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
My IS Clinical Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, tiger tim. I didn't like the JB. The IS Clinical is okay feeling to me, but I may try the Cellex-C before I make a committment.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
One thing that I think is worth mentioning: Super Serum is NOT a simple vitamin c serum. In fact, IS Clinical also has two products that are strictly "c serums" - one is a 15% C serum and the other is a C & E serum. Personally, if I were looking for just a simple C serum, I wouldn't purchase theirs. There are other quality C serums out there that are less costly.

Super Serum is a step beyond a simple C serum though. Although it has the equivalent of 15% Vit C, it has a host of other goodies. Here's what ISC says about it:

"This formulation is the first to combine the clinically proven L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) (intensive hydrating ingredient), Arbutin (controls uneven pigmentation), Pentapeptide Amino Acids (essential amino acids, protein building blocks, aids in reducing scar tissue and stretch marks), Mushroom Extract (a source of Kojic Acid) (controls acne and uneven pigmentation), Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) (essential for increasing cellular integrity), Centella Asiatica (phenomenal healing and potent antioxidant ingredient), and Zinc Sulfate (which is a powerful antioxidant, acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, promotes wound healing, and improves immunity). SUPER SERUM is unlike any formula ever offered, and combines phenomenal ingredients with unsurpassed abilities to produce remarkable positive results including: smoothing, evening pigmentation, protection against UV damage, encouraging and facilitating collagen production, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks, and providing excellent antioxidant protection.

KEY INGREDIENTS: L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Arbutin, Pentapeptide-1, Mushroom Extract (a source of Kojic Acid), Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), Centella Asiatica, Zinc Sulfate
dies.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Ack !!! I don't know why that came out so tiny, but I can't seem to make it bigger Sad.

Here it is in a more legible font:

"This formulation is the first to combine the clinically proven L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) (intensive hydrating ingredient), Arbutin (controls uneven pigmentation), Pentapeptide Amino Acids (essential amino acids, protein building blocks, aids in reducing scar tissue and stretch marks), Mushroom Extract (a source of Kojic Acid) (controls acne and uneven pigmentation), Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) (essential for increasing cellular integrity), Centella Asiatica (phenomenal healing and potent antioxidant ingredient), and Zinc Sulfate (which is a powerful antioxidant, acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, promotes wound healing, and improves immunity). SUPER SERUM is unlike any formula ever offered, and combines phenomenal ingredients with unsurpassed abilities to produce remarkable positive results including: smoothing, evening pigmentation, protection against UV damage, encouraging and facilitating collagen production, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks, and providing excellent antioxidant protection.

KEY INGREDIENTS: L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Arbutin, Pentapeptide-1, Mushroom Extract (a source of Kojic Acid), Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), Centella Asiatica, Zinc Sulfate
dies."
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katee,

If I were to try ISC line, would Super Serum and Active be the two products that I should try first? Thanks.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I suggest the Super Serum
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks skincare!

Of the Vitamin C products that you have tried, which Vitamin C you like the most in term of results? I am new at this and try to see which Vitamin C I should get.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I think it really depends on your skin type and your skincare issues loveskincare. But, Super Serum and Active Serum are definitely my very favorite products. I had a love-hate relationship with Hydra Cool for a long time. I still am not crazy about the way it feels initially, but the benefits to my skin more than make up for it. However, if you're just starting out, and you have another HA product that you like, I think its the most expendable of the ISC serums.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I have requested Active Serum, just to try it out and I can't wait to get it.
This time, I ordered Vivier 20%. I have used it before and found that my skin looked firmer, my pores looked smaller, my skin tone looked a lot more even and I did find that it help heal or fade any left over acne markings. ISC Super Serum does the same but the strength is 15%. The texture is different from Vivier.
Super Serum is more waterdown and it has a skin lightener. So does Active Serum according to New Beauty magazine.
Vivier feels and when first applied, looks more oily. I personally like it because it does not look oily in a bad way. To me, it looks like a bit of a glow look.
I have also read that Cellex-C High Potency is good to use for oily skin and in the summer if you live in humid conditions. I plan to give it a try this summer.
I also read great reviews on Cellular Skin Rx but it is only 12%.
You should start with a lower number and work your way up. If you find that it burns too much, apply it every third day, then ever second day and then once a day.
Maybe you should do this experiment...
Vivier 10% then when you are done with the bottle, try
Cellular Skin Rx-12%
then try
ISC Super Serum-15%
then try
Vivier 20%

Maybe you will like this plan and you will have the chance to try all without wasting money and time.
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Katee, skincare!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katee, actually, looking one of the reasons I chose Super Serum over the C&C and Cellex/B5 repurchase was because of the extra goodies in it. I figured it had the B5/HA already built in + more so it would be better value than Cellex-C and with the JB C&C I was still planning to buy the Cellex B5 serum to put on top I think.

That is one reason why I ended up a bit disappointed I guess too, especially since I found out it has 5% more vit. C than the cellex-C high potency (which I only ercently learned was only 10%). But who knows, maybe when I stop using it I will discover that there were benefits I never noticed...

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Okay I am a virgin to any good skin regime. I have melasma so had pretty much given up. But I am back on the bandwagon. I am so thankful for this website.

Anyway, my skin problems started years ago, and it seems to be showing even moreso as I am getting older. I now have this pasty almost greyish film on my face that I noticed moreso this year. I can deal with the melasma but not this.

Will the C serums help with getting rid of the pasty dull mask? Also I have very sensitive skin. Am now going through all my make-ups, lotions, etc. and chucking!!

New and onto healing... Thanks
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Pumpkin and welcome Very Happy

I don't quite know about the 'film' you describe, but Vit C definitely brightens my skin pretty quickly - it should give an instant glow. You might also look into using some mild AHAs, which would help to turnover the cells more quickly and reveal fresher skin. I can't live without that now I'm a bit older.
pumpkin88

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly, I will do a search on mild AHAs however, if you have time, could you recommend a few products?

Pumpkin Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pumpkin
I'm not sure about leave on ones; I currently use Mandelic Acid 15%, but I think that's too strong for a beginner. There's IS Clinical's active serum which is about (correct me if I'm wrong) 8% glycolic, 2% salicylic, ?% lactic It is popular here, but way overpriced IMHO. Paula's Choice has some cheap ones - look for glycolic 10% or under.

You could use a mild 'peel' style exfoliant; PSFs Pumpkin peel is a beginners level, but effective. Leave it on for 5 mins then wash it off once or twice a week or similarly the 10% Lactic peel fromwww.dianayvonne.com

HTH Molly Cool

Sorry, should mention if you use AHAs they make you a bit more susceptible to sun damage so it's advisable to use sunscreen daily.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
The Age-limit one from Cellular Skin Rx is 10%
akeating

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
OK. I have read nothing but great reviews about is clinical active serum so I bought some. I started using it about a week ago. I use it first thing in the morning and right before I go to bed. I woke up this morning with huge scabs under my eyes, (not right under, more like the tip top of my cheek) Did I do something wrong? did I use too much? Is the scabs going to scar my face? Thanks in advance foe any help.
jessica17
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, just want to try some. I'm 38 years old, does any one have any comment?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
You should try the Active, poly or super and the hydracool.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
i interested in trying Cellex C as wll... and wants to try there vc products
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |