Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best moisturising mask for hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am buying oils for my hair to use as a pre-wash treatment - thank you Carekate for the recipe.
Very Happy
I need to find a good moisturising hair mask (I have the proteins in the oils and need moisture now).

Any suggestions very welcome.
Thank you.
Emma x
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever tried:
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Active Soothing Conditioner?
Very Happy
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
With heat, I find the Ouidad Deep Treatment to be the best, IME. I have curly color-treated hair. This product doesn't work for everyone, especially those who don't like protein in their hair products, but I've gotten great results with it. A little lasts a long time, so even though it's expensive, a smaller size still gives enough treatments to see if it works.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
The Neutrogena Triple Moisture deep moisture mask (with the orange lid) is the best mask I've ever used on my hair. Actually, it's the only one I buy. I also love the daily deep condish.
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
elemis exotic frangipani oil left on overnight leaves hair wonderfully soft and smelling divine.

MOP also do a protein mask which is great for course/thick hair
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for those great ideas.
Keep 'em coming please.
I love hearing about products I've never heard of in Australia.
Very Happy
Emma x
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Before I became a Louise Marie Longhairs convert, I used to LOVE LOVE Lush The Strokes for a moisturising treatment. It does not smell good but I had excellent results on my long, thin, baby fine hair.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm currently using ION Repair Solutions "Intensive Therapy Protein Rebuilder & Moisturizer" which I picked up at Sally's Beauty for around $6.00. So far I think it's fantastic and for the money, waaaaay better than Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment (I might have the name wrong, but it's that treatment in a tub that's highly priced and did nothing for me).
The ION leaves my fine hair lovely 'n soft 'n shiny and doesn't have a horrible smell Very Happy
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm confused, how are there proteins in oils? Do you mean oils like jojoba and olive? I thought those didn't have protien Confused I'm so confused... Sorry.
lawladyda
5% products discount

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Jools...the Elemis Frangipani/Monoi oil left on overnight is incredible, and smells amazing. I also have been using Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil hair treatment mask...it's relatively new and is also great.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
I'm confused, how are there proteins in oils? Do you mean oils like jojoba and olive? I thought those didn't have protien Confused I'm so confused... Sorry.

Hi dealated,

I asked a similar question in another thread. CareKate told me that oils contain protein which nourish hair. I guess the term protein/oil treatment is being used interchangeably here. HTH
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Emma!

I do like the Scalp and Hair mask by BioElements.

It seems to be quite hydrating for both the hair and scalp and does not leave my hair weighed down and lifeless, which is an unfotunate side effect that I have had happened to me with similar products in the past.

They used to sell the mask here, which is where I picked it up but I do not see it here anymore.... I think it cost me about $35 US. I find that by using the spatula that comes with it, it helps me to use less product, as it is thick...

I have left it in anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of hours... and it always comes out nice... not heavy or greasy looking, but with a nice shine.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
My hair has no shine and frizzy and I had tried many different hair products. I have to say that Philosophy Shear Conditioner works VERY well and I can see immediate result. It smells just like lemonade.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for these extra ideas.
Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
dealated wrote:

Hi dealated,

I asked a similar question in another thread. CareKate told me that oils contain protein which nourish hair. I guess the term protein/oil treatment is being used interchangeably here. HTH
I can’t speak for olive oil, but many other oils (jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, sweet almond, etc) contain lots of protein, vitamins and minerals – it’s just the building blocks of which these oils are comprised. Corn oil itself contains a good amount of vitamin E and essential fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.

Research oils to learn more about it for yourselves!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I use the Ojon hair treatment and find it to be just amazing - I used to be a big Fekkai fan until I tried the Ojon....mind you, I can't stand the smell..it kind of smells like coffee that is too strong...but the smell doesn't linger once you rinse it out....It really smooths the hair shaft without causing any heaviness at all....my hair shines without any post-wash shine treatments at all (I used to be addicted to the Fekkai hair gloss). I highly recommend it - IMHO it is just fantastic stuff!!
Pudoodles Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE my John Masters Honey and Hibiscus Reconstructor, it leaves my hair soft and smelling soooo good. It's all natural too!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I use the Ojon hair treatment and find it to be just amazing - I used to be a big Fekkai fan until I tried the Ojon....mind you, I can't stand the smell..it kind of smells like coffee that is too strong...but the smell doesn't linger once you rinse it out....It really smooths the hair shaft without causing any heaviness at all....my hair shines without any post-wash shine treatments at all (I used to be addicted to the Fekkai hair gloss). I highly recommend it - IMHO it is just fantastic stuff!!
Pudoodles Smile
Do you happen to have the ingredients list handy for the Ojon? I'm curious to see if it contains any 'cones....

TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sure! On the Ojon jar it reads: Elaeis Oleifera (palm) oil, Parfum (fragrance), Citronellol, Lecithin, Linalool, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Prunus Africana Bark Extract, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract......and that is it! (not that I know what it means! Laughing )....It sure does do wonders for my hair, though!
Pudoodles
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Sure! On the Ojon jar it reads: Elaeis Oleifera (palm) oil, Parfum (fragrance), Citronellol, Lecithin, Linalool, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Prunus Africana Bark Extract, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract......and that is it! (not that I know what it means! Laughing )....It sure does do wonders for my hair, though!
Pudoodles

I love ojon! I also love the smell, what's wrong with me?!
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
dealated wrote:

Hi dealated,

I can’t speak for olive oil, but many other oils (jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, sweet almond, etc) contain lots of protein, vitamins and minerals – it’s just the building blocks of which these oils are comprised. Corn oil itself contains a good amount of vitamin E and essential fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.

Carekate,
According to nutritiondata.com Corn oil, avocado oil, and grapseed oil contain absolutely no protien/amino acids. Here's the web page:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20A0.html
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c209L.html
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21yD.html
Although I will agree that they are fab hair treatments Smile Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:30 am      Reply with quote
I love Burt's Bees Avocado Pre Shampoo hair Treatment Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Dealated - I also raised this point (whether oils contained protein) on another similar hair care thread here. I’m guessing confusion may arise as the avocado, corn, almonds or whatever product the oil is derived from may contain various proteins.

Rosebud - I like the BB Avocado treatment too, although like a lot of BB products it has kind of a heavy fragrance, and in this case not a very pleasant one (to me anyway) Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
carekate wrote:
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
dealated wrote:

Hi dealated,

Carekate,
According to nutritiondata.com Corn oil, avocado oil, and grapseed oil contain absolutely no protien/amino acids. Here's the web page:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20A0.html
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c209L.html
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21yD.html
Although I will agree that they are fab hair treatments Smile Smile

I believe they are referring to the fact that those oils have no nutritional value if you EAT/DRINK the oil, not use it for skin/hair care!

Research them in terms of cosmetic usage and I think you'll understand where I’m coming from. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough internet access time to go out and research it in depth, but here is a link that discusses the properties of oils and butters in terms of their benefits to hair and skin: http://www.mabelwhite.com/SupplyCo/Oils1.htm and http://home.earthlink.net/~skinesscentuals/Oils-Butters.htm and
http://specialsoapsbyanna.com/OilsButtersWaxes.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
Pudoodles

I love ojon! I also love the smell, what's wrong with me?!

It always shocks me when someone tells me that they like the smell Laughing You are not alone!! Alot of people just love the smell!! I think it smells like a mixture of old strong coffee and an ashtray full of old cigarette butts! Laughing Laughing
Pudoodles
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |